Release date: TBA
Purchase links: Edition 1- Edition 2 - Edition 3
Price: TBA
Note: E1 751 copies - E2 501 copies - E3 HB 351 copies

IMG_5998.JPG

IMG_5999.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we have any updates on this yet?
I've been holding off getting the Zavvi steelbook (because honestly, I don't mind the artwork on that one) in the hope of getting this, and I didn't recall seeing anything about this one recently so thought I would ask and see if there is any news.

I've been holding off getting the Zavvi steelbook (because honestly, I don't mind the artwork on that one) in the hope of getting this, and I didn't recall seeing anything about this one recently so thought I would ask and see if there is any news.

This is gonna be WEA Art for the Steel so I expect this to take still longer...

Please don't buy the UK steel. I did it...not sure if it is the worst looking steelbook ever. In hand it is even worse...(n):smashed:

They need to start including the 4K discs ( if available) with these premium editions now. And this is one of them.
That something I don't want to see happen at the moment as it would cause the price be even higher
FAC prices have been increasing as it is
By adding 4K UHD Discs would make them lot more expensive and be something not used by lot of members who not upgraded yet to 4K TV

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: JCC
That something I don't want to see happen and would cause the price be even higher
FAC prices have been increasing as it is
By adding 4K UHD Discs would make them lot more expensive and be something not used by lot of members who not upgraded yet to 4K TV

HDzeta seems to be working out it in their offerings at respectable pricing, look at BvS, including it in the box option, so if didn't want it you had other options, I got the box and hoping Beasts goes the same way.
For FAC they should offer in their boxes, you are paying more for the boxes anyway, that should be a bonus/reward.......I think Revenant should have had 4K in their box, at the price that was......

• Thanks
Reactions: Phantasmic
They need to start including the 4K discs ( if available) with these premium editions now. And this is one of them.
They would lose money.
Blu ray is the standard. But for the secondary disc - there are more people playing DVDs than are playing 4K discs. (Still not a lot of 4k people out there).
It is easy math. 4k is still a miniscule niche. (I'm not saying it is more preferable to have a DVD instead - but that is the truth).

For all special edition releases I actually do not want added cost with 4k. Normal steelbooks sure I will take that since I will open those to watch

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Lakerone
For all special edition releases I actually do want added cost with 4k. Normal steelbooks sure I will take that since I will open those to watch
Sure, you will be fine with it.
But they will take a financial hit. Which they won't do. Even if they charge every 4K buyer more, that won't cover the cost of the DVD users they lose.
(I'm not in the DVD camp, btw! I am one of the buyers of the Blu ray/3D combo! (In fact I hate having a useless disc) , but... It's just economics- 4K just isn't prolific enough yet).

Sure, you will be fine with it.
But they will take a financial hit. Which they won't do. Even if they charge every 4K buyer more, that won't cover the cost of the DVD users they lose.
(I'm not in the DVD camp, btw! I am one of the buyers of the Blu ray/3D combo! (In fact I hate having a useless disc) , but... It's just economics- 4K just isn't prolific enough yet).

Well I am in the DVD camp, parallel to the Blu-Ray camp.
This is largely because there are still so many DVD only releases of classic TV series, films and Asian films ancient and modern. This is another reason why DVD thrives; and 4k is marginalised, as Blu_Ray is still the the (growing) standard bearer of HD for the majority.

Well I am in the DVD camp, parallel to the Blu-Ray camp.
This is largely because there are still so many DVD only releases of classic TV series, films and Asian films ancient and modern. This is another reason why DVD thrives; and 4k is marginalised, as Blu_Ray is still the the (growing) standard bearer of HD for the majority.

Agree with the DVD side, there are things I have that will never see blu-ray....

I'd also prefer if a 4k disc was included in the package, or if they made a small allocation of the total run to 4k (5% for example). That's probably too much trouble for them though. The way I look at it, its money saved for me, because if it doesn't have what I need, I'm not buying it.

Me too mate, and the collection is still growing alongside the Blus,
Yup. You and @Lakerone are correct. I was mainly speaking of new films. But, yes - when we talk of holistic collecting of films and Television, there are things ONLY available on DVD that will almost certainly NEVER see the light of day on any HD delivery format. There are, of course, myriad reasons for this -videotaped shows that gain nothing from the upgrade, shows that would be financially unviable to upgrade, etc. (Looking at you ST:Voyager and DS9;)). You can, obviously, put SD material on Blu ray - but that doesn't happen very often (although, it should - you could make those huge TV series sets much smaller - but I'm sure they want to avoid being labeled "false advertising" by them being SD on an "HD Disc").
But, yeah - for collectors there is a lot to mine out there on DVD. Many OOP DVD films and TV shows that will (very likely) never be rereleased.