Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Exclusive) [China]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: February 6, 2018 (pre-order January 7, 2017 at 10 AM - USA EST)
Prices: $45.99 (Single Lenti) - $47.99 (Double Lenti) - $109.99 (Lenti Box Set)
Group buy: Hosted by n3wk1d, One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti (40 copies of each edition)
Notes: WEA steelbook, limited to 2000 copies

EOT---02.jpgEOT---01.jpgEOT---04.jpgEOT---03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt that drafts of steelbook art ever cross his desk. Or that he cares.
That is artist management.

I mean, it's in his contract that he will be featured on all posters/DVD art, etc. so I think he definitely does care. Sure, he's probably not personally approving every piece of merchandise, but he cares enough to ensure he's on everything.

I mean, it's in his contract that he will be featured on all posters/DVD art, etc. so I think he definitely does care. Sure, he's probably not personally approving every piece of merchandise, but he cares enough to ensure he's on everything.
It's a stipulation in a base contract that is, in essence, a form letter that is presented on all projects that was probably drafted 30 years ago. It is boilerplate that A list celebrities get these things. It isn't hashed out per film. This kind of minutia is way below their radar.

It's a stipulation in a base contract that is, in essence, a form letter that is presented on all projects that was probably drafted 30 years ago. It is boilerplate that A list celebrities get these things. It isn't hashed out per film. This kind of minutia is way below their radar.

Yes, I know. Hence why I said he's probably not approving every piece of merchandise. Doesn't mean that he doesn't still care about the details of his contract.

Yes, I know. Hence why I said he's probably not approving every piece of merchandise. Doesn't mean that he doesn't still care about the details of his contract.
What I'm saying is that there is 99% chance that there has never been a situation where Tom Cruise saw a proof for a blu ray cover and said "No, not enough me." He has probably never even seen the various special edition covers of his films.
One of the ninjas here encountered Karl Urban at a con, and asked him to sign his Dredd steelbook. Urban had never seen one before and though the art was amazing - he had never seen it before.
(In fact, he asked if he could have it!)
Wish I could remember the ninja who told this story....

What I'm saying is that there is 99% chance that there has never been a situation where Tom Cruise saw a proof for a blu ray cover and said "No, not enough me." He has probably never even seen the various special edition covers of his films.
One of the ninjas here encountered Karl Urban at a con, and asked him to sign his Dredd steelbook. Urban had never seen one before and though the art was amazing - he had never seen it before.
(In fact, he asked if he could have it!)
Wish I could remember the ninja who told this story....
I'm not really disagreeing with you, but you're also assuming a lot. Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise, meaning he's a little nuts. Maybe he does have that stipulation in his contract so he can approve everything. Or maybe his brand manager does it. Point is - we don't know.

Yeah, I doubt the actors scrutinize every poster and blu-ray cover. But you never know with a guy like Tom Cruise.

Tom has it in writing as a stipulation. Pretty sure we heard this from a retailer themselves (manta or zeta). Not saying HE actually sees the covers but his team might and its in the contract as well

Bottom line is, plain and simple: Too much Tom Cruise and not enough of EMILY BLUNT...
Tom Cruise sells a movie. Emily Blunt does not.
That's just a fact. If I was a producer and had a money stake in a movie...I definitely want more Tom Cruise, because he brings the $$. Emily Blunt is fine, but she doesn't open a movie.
Very few actors do, anymore.

I thought this had been cancelled? What did I miss that people are still posting on this thread?

the Manta Lab release was canceled
I just figured this out.
But did they really need to take literally the identical image from the EOT Novamedia Choice Lenti as the picture they are using for the Box Set itself? Very disappointing, especially since this is a catalog title you would think they could get a little creative. Between that and using the exact 1/4 Slip Nova Image for another edition why even bother re doing a catalog title like this if all your going to do is rehash the same old images we've been looking at for years? It's to bad bad cause I love this movie. Only 1 of the 3 editions have artwork I have not seen already plastered over another steelbook long ago.
I thought they would have changed some of this stuff when I saw most of this 6 months ago and thought it had been cancelled. Too Bad, guess everyone else seems excited so I'm happy for everyone that doesn't own the old steels back from 2015.

I just figured this out.
But did they really need to take literally the identical image from the EOT Novamedia Choice Lenti as the picture they are using for the Box Set itself? Very disappointing, especially since this is a catalog title you would think they could get a little creative. Between that and using the exact 1/4 Slip Nova Image for another edition why even bother re doing a catalog title like this if all your going to do is rehash the same old images we've been looking at for years? It's to bad bad cause I love this movie. Only 1 of the 3 editions have artwork I have not seen already plastered over another steelbook long ago.
I thought they would have changed some of this stuff when I saw most of this 6 months ago and thought it had been cancelled. Too Bad, guess everyone else seems excited so I'm happy for everyone that doesn't own the old steels back from 2015.
they dont have hundreds artworks to choose from, so it was safe to say, that we will see known artworks on this release. I dont own this movie, so I dont care ...but even when I would have the Novamedia or any other release in my collection, I would buy this. HDzeta did a great job! the double lenti has exactly the artwork I wanted to see and the other editions and the box look great as well. it's HDzeta, so it will be a top notch release.

@C.C. 95 is pretty much right. and @howarmat our contact from Play.com days told us Tom Cruise had a 6 month lead time for any "new" art to be approved. But I doubt seriously as well that Tom Cruise ever saw it. I heard rumor that his sister made sure Tom was covered well. And if you do a bunch of googling you can see that for a VERY LONG time Tom Cruise's sister was in fact his representative talent agent. He has since moved on from her tho.

Actor big enough will have their say so in regards to poster art and thus you see everyone trying to stick to that for safe passage as opposed to C&D's. Just a less riskier option. I'm sure with every film there is some type of press day where talent can come in and give ok's as to what can or cant be used. More so individual shots. Go to any official website for a film and there is usually a photo still gallery etc for press etc. Talent approved those.

I'm sure a mix match barrage of faces for marvel films etc have more say so from a Director then trying to get 20 people to approve etc. Not to say that those shots werent already approved and then its just all photoshopped together as we often see.

i was just recently told by a true insider when discussing something that "Leo is very particular" ......................;)

Status
Not open for further replies.