Finding Nemo: Lenticular Edition (2D+3D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 27, 2017
Purchase link: Finding Nemo (live)
Price: £24.99

IMG_5894.JPG

IMG_5895.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting rid of over 3/4 of my stock.

Cancelled over 3/4 of my zavvi orders.

Will only collect must haves and no more than 1 copy of each one for my collection. Will still trade or sell though. No reason to buy everything anymore.

Wow, that is a big change of heart - and direction; though I fully understand any feeling of disenchantment.
That said, I'm heading the same way in collecting - must haves, no more double/triple dipping unless spectacular etc.
I have other fish to fry - mainly project cars begging to be finished :)

So yeah, these new Disneys are very superfluous . . .

@serjitank - Todd doesn't need me or anyone else to stand his corner, but to be fair to him, he's actually an affable, intelligent chap (which is more than can be said of most), and of whom many speak well of as a dealer - "always ready to to negotiate and cut you a deal" has been said to me on more than one occasion.

As for taking the 3/4 of his collection in one fell swoop - I know roughly how many Todd has, and A. you'll probably need a small warehouse, and B if they were all priced at $20 you'd be in for a very high five figure sum .......

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: blu-steel
I have the original which, despite some words to the contrary is a lovely design.

I like the original design as well... unfortunately I was never able to procure it...

Cash-cow-itis strikes again; they're all at it now with their bloody multiple editions and ever increasing quantities grrrrrrrrr!!! :banghead::ugh:(n):sick::vomit:

Yes! Down to the evil company that dares to sell products and make money off of them. It's such a shame that we don't have more companies that don't sell any products and engage in that honorable lifelong practice of losing money. ;)

This will sell out and so will all the others. If you keep supporting them they will keep re-releasing them. It would be foolish for them to stop.

Exactly, and why people have to get bitter and personal about it, I really don't understand.

All some of us are saying is that this is supposed to be a 'limited collectors market' - not catering for the mass market by constantly re-releasing title after title.

I think as @cooey & @Apollon said, we should move on

Reactions: Flash and lgans316
There is nothing wrong with re-releases from any film studio it's providing customers with chance to get a nice release some very nice and some not as good and most cases it's different to a previous release and also still is limited release that ends up eventually sold out

If film studio studios did not do re releases the retailer market would be gone as new releases only account for a very small overall amount of sales and this applies to both music and film releases.
Most of a Music/Film retailer business is in back catalogue sales as it has lot bigger range of titles to get sales from and wider choice for customers
You get kids growing up becoming teenagers and then adults and start working earning a disposable income to spend on films and music and a lot of this goes on back catalogue films and music this is what creates the demand.

Every few months you get lot of new potential customers who started working and now have the ability to order films be it on DVD/Blu-ray etc

Steelbooks are now very popular as is why you see lot of new films get a steelbook release compared to a few years ago when it was only the odd release and is why now lot of older films get a steelbook release and if it's a very popular film that will have a few re releases in various countries.

Customer demand and sales drive re releases it's normal and expected

Why should someone new to steelbooks be denied the chance to have a popular film in a nice steelbook compared to a basic amaray case that's what re-releases do and customer not have to pay crazy price for previous release.

Last edited:
Why do we keep going over the same points for re releases?

Annoying for some and great for others.

Maybe the ones who are not bothered are the ones who don't plan on selling their collection or collect for an investment

Just realised the original didn't come with 3D. So now I'm not sure if I should go for this or not.

My wallet is saying no because I've got too much for Nov anyway so I may have to wait and see pics etc to see if I like it, and if I do and I can afford it I'll get it once the cancellations go up (after the inevitable sell out after pre order) and if i don't like it I'll get the 3D disc from somwhere and add it to the original steel

Why do we keep going over the same points for re releases?

Annoying for some and great for others.

Maybe the ones who are not bothered are the ones who don't plan on selling their collection or collect for an investment

Just realised the original didn't come with 3D. So now I'm not sure if I should go for this or not.

My wallet is saying no because I've got too much for Nov anyway so I may have to wait and see pics etc to see if I like it, and if I do and I can afford it I'll get it once the cancellations go up (after the inevitable sell out after pre order) and if i don't like it I'll get the 3D disc from somwhere and add it to the original steel

Just wait for the '2 for £25 offer'

There is nothing wrong with re-releases from any film studio it's providing customers with chance to get a nice release some very nice and some not as good and most cases it's different to a previous release and also still is limited release that ends up eventually sold out

If film studio studios did not do re releases the retailer market would be gone as new releases only account for a very small overall amount of sales and this applies to both music and film releases.
Most of a Music/Film retailer business is in back catalogue sales as it has lot bigger range of titles to get sales from and wider choice for customers
You get kids growing up becoming teenagers and then adults and start working earning a disposable income to spend on films and music and a lot of this goes on back catalogue films and music this is what creates the demand.

Every few months you get lot of new potential customers who started working and now have the ability to order films be it on DVD/Blu-ray etc

Steelbooks are now very popular as is why you see lot of new films get a steelbook release compared to a few years ago when it was only the odd release and is why now lot of older films get a steelbook release and if it's a very popular film that will have a few re releases in various countries.

Customer demand and sales drive re releases it's normal and expected

Why should someone new to steelbooks be denied the chance to have a popular film in a nice steelbook compared to a basic amaray case that's what re-releases do and customer not have to pay crazy price for previous release.

Well they should produce a 100k print run, problem solved lol

I very much doubt the Disney lenti re releases will reach the BOGOF status

You never know though

Remember when some were 2 for £20? Mermaid, Jungle book. In fact they were £23 on release date, I paid full wack and then a slap in the face when they went down to £9.99 lol. From then on very cautious on buying full priced disneys. Some sell on the spot, others take a little more time getting rid of.

Remember when some were 2 for £20? Mermaid, Jungle book. In fact they were £23 on release date, I paid full wack and then a slap in the face when they went down to £9.99 lol. From then on very cautious on buying full priced disneys. Some sell on the spot, others take a little more time getting rid of.

Yeah I know what your on about because after getting the first 15ish at full whack (well with a code) I then waited for the rest for price drops or in the 2 for so and so because they weren't selling out and the same with the pixars plus I was lucky enough to get some for free through Disney points on their store but these lenti re releases will be the loved titles that have been converted to 3D and maybe some other big hits like Aladdin

I predict all will sell out at pre order then come back and maybe one or two will stick around. But it all depends on the titles they pick.

I'll possibly be open to another wreck it Ralph aslong as the art is good and includes 3D although I do love the original release. I even prefer it to blu fans and it's one of the only titles we got changed through the force of HDN

The thing is if these lentis are the same standard of the current marvel lentis then it should put people of until they are cheaper but that just won't happen.
One of the things i hate about these re releases and lenti waves Disney and marvel are the prices. They take the mick a little. The same price as pre order of when the films originally came out. That's where they are greedy both Disney and zavvi

They won't do the whole collection again because like you say some don't sell, so they will pick the big hitters for re release

I also cringed at that message sent to zavvis social media from a member here. Nicely written but it sounds like we all want it lol

Reactions: lgans316
I got mixed feelings about what they are doing. On one hand I paid steep prices for some of these on eBay/Trade but on the other hand I am still missing alot of the Disneys/Pixars from my collection so now I can complete it.

Having said that, if they are rereleasing them in quantities of only a couple thousand, I still feel there is an element of rarity to them. If scalping is what you are into, I am sure down the road they will be as rare as they were before these new rereleases. (Although probably looking at a few years from now)

Issue not that it's a Disney release and yes I get the cute, cuddly, all dancing, all singing, saccharine Disney reference vs. the less than cute, less than cuddly comments posted here . . .
"Issue" of re-releases is not an issue or rather a nonsense issue and we should all accept that re-releases of popular titles is a given, common practice, has always happened and will happen - especially with the bigger titles - for as long as physical media exists.