Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Saw this posted on another forum - empty case free with any pre-order purchase of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance on Blu-ray.

Release Date: May 6th, 2012
Best Buy Exclusive!

Thanks to 67stingray - he also states this his store only had about 5 copies, so it looks to be quite limited.

I've put possible as he states it's a steelbook and so does the packaging, but until we see the spine...

ACTUAL PICS:

More actual pictures courtesy of urbeenjammin:
P1010930-1.jpg

P1010940-1.jpg

P1010951-1.jpg

P1010955-1.jpg

Attachments

• ghost_rider3d.jpg
    ghost_rider3d.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 905
Last edited by a moderator:
Found 5 copies from BB in San Diego (Mission Valley) - just picked up one. Had no problems with getting it for $5. Not to excited for the movie, but the steelbook in person is beautiful.

I have a penchant for punishment evidently, needed to stop at Best Buy for a monitor so I again looked for this film still no luck I swear I hate this movie (my copy says its out for delivery when I get home though).

Finally got the copies I needed for this forum, had to travel far for them though but it was worth plus picked up Elder Scrolls Skyrim Collectors Edition for $59.99( awesome Dragon Statue) :D

Reactions: ash333
Two BB stores by me just got restocked with plenty of copies each! This is simply crazy stupid when there are stores which have yet to carry a single copy. This is definitely NOT like the Muppets situation as I believe these select stores will keep replenishing them (and selling each at $5) regardless of the return rate of the pre-order.

Two BB stores by me just got restocked with plenty of copies each! This is simply crazy stupid when there are stores which have yet to carry a single copy. This is definitely NOT like the Muppets situation as I believe these select stores will keep replenishing them (and selling each at $5) regardless of the return rate of the pre-order.

Yea I am so mad at Best Buy for this gaffe and that my store never seemed to get any that I think I will purchase the movie somewhere else to fill the steelbook I had to get off the internet.

Reminder to members, please do not note have many copies you may have in hand on the discussion thread.

Use your own trading thread in the trading forum to discuss what items might interest you for trade.

Thank you.

Reactions: ash333 and jitstark
Found 5 copies from BB in San Diego (Mission Valley) - just picked up one. Had no problems with getting it for $5. Not to excited for the movie, but the steelbook in person is beautiful.

Good you had no issues, but here in Sacramento had to order the movie - I'm going back in there soon to contest this and buy more. It's ridiculous that they're not following their own rules on the back of the SB.:angry:

I had no problem at my Best Buy with any of these except for one where they had a limit then I just went to another one. Got the last of them at one of my Best Buy the lady said they were not going to get anymore in. Production run must be over.

I stopped by at yet another store tonight (there are 5 BB stores within an hour's drive of my work) and saw this on display. I put The Grey BR in the second shelf to show that this is a recent picture. They are definitely replenishing the shelves with more stock. Just don't understand why BB is so inefficient in getting this to ALL stores :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Ghost Rider 2_sm.jpg
    Ghost Rider 2_sm.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 85
I guess germany isnt getting theres till August?

That's what the release info we have states. Looks like it'll be different than this one as well - appears to have a printed blue banner on the German one.

Not many people will pay a premium for this one though - looks like Best Buy has been flooded with copies and it's getting a release in tons of countries.

Most folks prefer to purchase local rather than have to deal with international shipping.

Yeah it figures. I can always return them at the Best Buy or trade some here is worth the gamble to me.

Last edited:
I had heard that most stores will be getting them and putting them out on display for the Memorial Day weekend (next weekend). But who knows what Best Buy is doing internally to make sure that happens. Heck one store I visited two nights ago have 6 copies of the Underworld Awakening steelbook. When I asked the assistant manager about them, she said they had them for a while but were confused by the identical SKU and left them in the warehouse (back of the store). She regretted not putting them out on release day because they are not selling any of these steelbooks at retail price. Sigh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tono06
I had heard that most stores will be getting them and putting them out on display for the Memorial Day weekend (next weekend). But who knows what Best Buy is doing internally to make sure that happens. Heck one store I visited two nights ago have 6 copies of the Underworld Awakening steelbook. When I asked the assistant manager about them, she said they had them for a while but were confused by the identical SKU and left them in the warehouse (back of the store). She regretted not putting them out on release day because they are not selling any of these steelbooks at retail price. Sigh!

I'd still like to find a 2nd one for the $5 if possible, I was thinking this would be a great 3 disc steel to have if I ever need to do repairs on a steel in the future so I wanted a spare for repairs. I am just not willing to pay ebayripoff fees (the copy I have someone was very nice to pick up for me and didn't even charge me). I think if I could find a couple I might do a giveaway or something but my BB has had 0.

I've just deleted a lot of posts folks - everyone should try to refrain from the following:

1) speculation about the number of copies you have obtained - either for trade or sale
2) what you might do with those copies if given a chance
3) responses from members that might be offended by the above.

I would ask that we all, going forward, keep this discussion polite and thoughtful.

There are a lot of new members recently that might not understand that you might get a lot more IN RETURN if you give a LITTLE (whether it be at cost, or in trade, or sold in good faith).

As such, I would like to ask any member that has been part of the forums for a while - take a moment to report a post instead of directly responding.

We'll clean up anything that we need to and address any concerns accordingly.

PM me with questions.

Thank you.

still nothing at my locals :(

Sorry to hear that, tono. Over the long holiday weekend, I saw new stock of GH2 steelbooks at BB stores locally and fully stocked shelves at stores far from home. Just don't know why some stores are not in sync with the rest of the country :(

Reactions: tono06