Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Saw this posted on another forum - empty case free with any pre-order purchase of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance on Blu-ray.

Release Date: May 6th, 2012
Best Buy Exclusive!

Thanks to 67stingray - he also states this his store only had about 5 copies, so it looks to be quite limited.

I've put possible as he states it's a steelbook and so does the packaging, but until we see the spine...

ACTUAL PICS:

More actual pictures courtesy of urbeenjammin:
P1010930-1.jpg

P1010940-1.jpg

P1010951-1.jpg

P1010955-1.jpg

Attachments

• ghost_rider3d.jpg
    ghost_rider3d.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 899
Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a lot of people won't open them to put the CD in at least that is what I am thinking will happen. I actually plan to wait till the movie is in the Bargain bin to fill my steelbooks. Just so you guys know I think just the cases will be valued at $20.00 or more even without the movie in the. It will be interesting to see what the true value becomes and I think futureshop will have the same amount as best buy 20 per store.

I tried the Best Buy in my town and a few in towns within decent driving distance. But all the sales people i talked to thought i was speaking rocket science. Some didnt even know what a steelbook was. Sigh.

I think they need to go back to the $7.50 pre-order, all the previous BB preorders including Muppets were $7.50 and those seemed to last longer in store, with it being a little less and only $5 there seems to be a larger run on hoarding on these. What sucks is say I buy one off ebay can I even use that receipt or will they include the receipt so I can get my $5 back if I do buy the movie. if you buy them on the secondary market your not only out the overages but you are not going to be able to recoup any of that when and if you do buy the movie.

Its part of the reason I searched so frantically in the stores for it because I wanted to get my money put towards the movie. I am just glad someone helped me out and they did it at no charge which completely made my week.

I went to my local Best Buy last week to pick up the steel for Underworld and saw a display at the end of the Blu-Ray aisle for the Ghost Rider pre-order steelbook. I passed on the Ghost Rider steel, as I haven't seen the movie and thought the first one was laughable (but artwork and color on the steel are pretty nice.) After seeing how popular this thread got, I decided to revisit BB last night to see if any were left, and I must say they had a fair amount on the display, so I picked one up and regrettably, also picked up the first Ghost Rider on blu-ray to complete the collection. (At least it was on sale.)

This definitely makes the top of my list of movie I only bought because it was released as a steelbook. (Actually, I am 2 movies in the hole because of the release in steelbook - Ghost Rider 1 & 2.)

blumaster said:
I'm thinking some Best Buy stores simply did not get these. The Best Buy that is less than 5 minutes from my house never even put out a display for them. And I'm there almost everyday so I would've seen them if they did. But the Best Buy 30 minutes away had 10 or so when I was there last week.

I'm thinking stores that didn't do well selling The Muppets Viva, didn't get this pre-order bonus.

Spoke too soon. They were just waiting to put them out. Found about 10 of them at my local store. I picked up a couple. No hassle at checkout either. Rang up for $5 and that was that.

003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Yesterday, I called one of the BB that didn't carry any stock and they told me they still have not got any in but they checked some the stores around them and told me some BBs have around 20. These stores were visited by me last week I got all their stock. I guess they ordered more.