Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Saw this posted on another forum - empty case free with any pre-order purchase of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance on Blu-ray.

Release Date: May 6th, 2012
Best Buy Exclusive!

Thanks to 67stingray - he also states this his store only had about 5 copies, so it looks to be quite limited.

I've put possible as he states it's a steelbook and so does the packaging, but until we see the spine...

ACTUAL PICS:

More actual pictures courtesy of urbeenjammin:
P1010930-1.jpg

P1010940-1.jpg

P1010951-1.jpg

P1010955-1.jpg

Attachments

• ghost_rider3d.jpg
    ghost_rider3d.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 896
Last edited by a moderator:
got mine last week.
purchased the HMV UK version on blu-ray for £12. just gonna stick that in there.

its a lovely looking steelbook. not unwrapping mine until i have the discs to put in it

Reactions: popculturefanatic
I am just going to wait for the buy it now option in redbox in several weeks for this and get the movie for like $5 to put in my steelbook.

Best Buy shot themselves in the foot on this one by not having these steels ever in stock I don't feel the need to redeem my preorder on it today (someone sent me the steel for free) and will just wait for a dirt cheap option to fill my steel with.

I am just going to wait for the buy it now option in redbox in several weeks for this and get the movie for like $5 to put in my steelbook.

Best Buy shot themselves in the foot on this one by not having these steels ever in stock I don't feel the need to redeem my preorder on it today (someone sent me the steel for free) and will just wait for a dirt cheap option to fill my steel with.

Not a bad idea. I have never bought movies from redbox.

:rolleyes:
All of the BB in my city had them in stock.

I don't get what you're saying either. You've been posting about not being able to get this for however long this has been available, but now you're saying you don't feel the need to redeem your preorder. What preorder? If someone sent you a copy for free, what are you complaining about? You didn't even have to put the $5 to preorder.

The movie is god awful anyways. Like chip said, it's a good thing the movie wasn't included. They'd sell even less.

Reactions: armorales102
:rolleyes:
All of the BB in my city had them in stock.

I don't get what you're saying either. You've been posting about not being able to get this for however long this has been available, but now you're saying you don't feel the need to redeem your preorder. What preorder? If someone sent you a copy for free, what are you complaining about? You didn't even have to put the $5 to preorder.

The movie is god awful anyways. Like chip said, it's a good thing the movie wasn't included. They'd sell even less.

What I meant is if they had actually had this in store for preorder I would have bought the steel and gone back in today and picked up the movie. But since they never carried the steel in store I never pre-ordered it and now am not going to go in and buy the movie. Had they carried the steel they would have actually been able to sell me the movie too. So they lost out by making me find other means to get the steel because I am not going to buy the movie from them now instead wait for it to be sold in redbox.

I am not complaining at all made me happy to not have to feel obligated to get my $5 back haha and buy the movie first week of release.

And I can use the 3 disk steel I got and modify it for one of the WB line steels so I can make one those into a combo pack as I will only be picking up a one disk of this movie now.

Reactions: armorales102
When I went into the store today mine still had about 20 of these left, but I wonder if the will be pennied out since the movie released today and they normally try to clear these things. Did anyone happen to buy a copy of the steelbook today?

i went to 3 best buys today and none of them had the steelbook. I missed out on this one. i just wanted 1 SB.. i wasnt gonna be greedy about it if i seen more.. lol

Last edited:
I unloaded about half my stash to get the Steelbooks from last weeks deal of $9.99.
I am glad I did because I opened the 9.99 ones and they are fantastic! I still got a boat of these Empty Ghost Rider 2's sitting here! The guy at my Best Buy was laughing at me when I was returning the extra Ghost Rider2's Its all good because now they are stuck with them HAHAHA!

Last edited by a moderator:
The distribution to stores on these were strange. I live a short distance from two BBs and one received a boatload and the other, not a one.

Hi folks, I've cleaned up this thread a bit.

HiDefNinja.com does not condone behavior that essentially would let you get something from Best Buy for "free".

If you purchased the empty Ghost Rider steel - either do one of the following things.

1) Return the actual empty steelbook to Best Buy for the refund of your deposit.
2) Purchase the ghost rider movie and put the $5 deposit towards the film.

I'd rather not see people abuse this policy and then in reaction to it, Best Buy stops doing this type of promotion - negatively impacting all folks that actually want a copy of an "empty" pre-buy steelbook in the future.

Any further discussion in this thread about how to get your money back for the Ghost Rider steelbook will be deleted.

Feel free to discuss via PM amongst yourselves.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

The Best Buy I went to yesterday had a lot of these left. I picked up some extras for replacement disc holders just in case. I was shocked that they have not taken these off the floor yet. The Muppets was taken off the floor a week before release date