Gladiator Ultimate Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Exclusive No.3) [China]

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: March, 2015
Notes: Glossy finish, Title and Helmet Embossed
Steelbook Made in Denmark, Limited 3000 copies.
Disc: Remasterd Disc +Bonus disc, 2 discs are Region Free

* Note, the Lenticular is not glued to slip, it is loose. It was supposed to be loose, according to the design by HDzeta, but this was not clear in the mockup. Someone will be in contact you with to determine whether you wish to receive the product as intended, or wait for a 'glued' replacement from your hub leader, after Xin sends it to them.

Group Buy details (click on spoiler)
1. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Tripack Version Round 1 ---100 copies for HDN
Price: 160 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < Click (SOLD OUT)

2. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Tripack Version Round 2 ---200 copies for HDN
Price: 160 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click (SOLD OUT)

3. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Lenticular Version --- 300-400 copies for HDN
Price: 56 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click

4. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Normal Slip Version --- 200-300 copies for HDN
Price: 53 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click

5. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Quarter Slip Version --- 150 copies for HDN
Price: 50 $US (include shipping to hub)
Group Buy Link < click

6. GB-Gladiator Ultimate Edition Lenticular/Normal/Quarter Slip Version Round 2 --- 150 copies for HDN
Price: 56$ / 53$ / 50$
Group Buy Link < click

full

full

All the different editions:
Lenticular Slip:
(with normal number card) 1300 copies(No.0001-No.0500 for the boxset, not sold seperatly)
full

Normal Slip: (with normal number card) 1000 copies(No.0001-No.0500 for the boxset, not sold seperatly)
full

1/4 Slip: (with normal number card) 700 copies(No.0001-No.0500 for the boxset, not sold seperatly)
full

Triple Boxset Artwork: (with Special Metal Number card) Only 500 copies, No.0001-No.0500
full

For in-hand pics, see this post.

Item delayed due to manufacturing/printing issue.
Please see Xin's updated post here

**Please direct all inquiries regarding Steelbook payments, invoices, etc to Alex**
Hubs will invoice for shipping later when Steelbooks are received by the hub leaders.

To know the GB go time in your area, please use this user friendly TIMEZONE CONVERTER

Last edited by a moderator:
This short delay is nothing...o_O :whistle: (Thanks for all the updates guys)

For comparison If I remember correctly I joined the GB for BF Frozen in April last year and only received my beautiful steels in December.....:LOL::rofl:
Now that's what you call a long wait. :sleep:
But with all Asian retailers patience is needed and the end result always justifies the means...IMO

This is only going to be late by a relatively very short time compared to that. And once in hand will be a quality edition of this film for sure...:cigar: :D

Last edited:
This short delay is nothing...o_O :whistle: (Thanks for all the updates guys)

For comparison If I remember correctly I joined the GB for BF Frozen in April last year and only received my beautiful steels in December.....:LOL::rofl:
Now that's what you call a long wait. :sleep:
But with all Asian retailers patience is needed and the end result always justifies the means...IMO

This is only going to be late by a relatively very short time compared to that. And once in hand will be a quality edition of this film for sure...:cigar: :D

I do think though that invoices for Asian GB's should only be sent when the steels are in hand ready to be shipped, which is how I believe Kevin is now operating with the Blufans GB's over on the other forum.

I do think though that invoices for Asian GB's should only be sent when the steels are in hand ready to be shipped, which is how I believe Kevin is now operating with the Blufans GB's over on the other forum.

Totally agree but I don't lose sleep over these anymore. I would be worried that something is wrong if they shipped anything on time.

I'm with hayemaker. Send the invoices when the steelbooks are in hand ready to ship. Then I don't mind if it takes 6 months. Although when it does take 6 or more months you should have the chance to back out of a group buy. If I ever brought a steelbook to market I'd wait until I had everything ready before I told anyone. Then spring it on the world - next week xxxx steelbook is being released! But I see the need to drum up enthusiasm for a new release too.

I think the lesson learnt is that if delays affect your commitment to a group buy then perhaps one should not join it in the first place.

A GB host is not a business with help to constantly manage who is in and out constantly. They commit their time to help what seems like ungrateful collectors who are ready to jump up their throats at the slightest delay not of their making.

Additionally, most Asian retailers take money upfront rather than when the item is ready to ship. One has to infer that this is how business is done there. It is a modus operandi I have come to like to be honest. Items are paid for upfront and I don't have to worry about it till release day when I get an email.

Just my thoughts. Long live group buys

I think the lesson learnt is that if delays affect your commitment to a group buy then perhaps one should not join it in the first place.

A GB host is not a business with help to constantly manage who is in and out constantly. They commit their time to help what seems like ungrateful collectors who are ready to jump up their throats at the slightest delay not of their making.

Additionally, most Asian retailers take money upfront rather than when the item is ready to ship. One has to infer that this is how business is done there. It is a modus operandi I have come to like to be honest. Items are paid for upfront and I don't have to worry about it till release day when I get an email.

I totally agree. I'm fine with delays. My only caveat- take the time to do it right and make it as great as it can be.
And I hope people remember that GB Hosts are middle-men who are doing you a solid by helping you get this product in the first place! Last time I checked, it was bad form to criticize someone doing you a favor.
If the delays mean getting things right, I have zero problem with that.

You are indeed correct, the level of trust in Asia is a LOT lower than in the UK, for example.

Reactions: frankfish44
I totally agree. I'm fine with delays. My only caveat- take the time to do it right and make it as great as it can be.
And I hope people remember that GB Hosts are middle-men who are doing you a solid by helping you get this product in the first place! Last time I checked, it was bad form to criticize someone doing you a favor.
If the delays mean getting things right, I have zero problem with that.
We live in the USA, we aren't having problems with our government seizing and stealing our imported goods and also charging exorbitant customs fees.

I also appreciate the group buy hosts and the amazing job they do for us!!!! I can't thank them enough!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Reactions: bobberino
We live in the USA, we aren't having problems with our government seizing and stealing our imported goods and also charging exorbitant customs fees.

I also appreciate the group buy hosts and the amazing job they do for us!!!! I can't thank them enough!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Good point on the customs. I frequenly feel terrible about the customs fees and crap that my brothers in other countries have to go through. I was recently embroiled in an import/export deal with a UK seller, and it was a nightmare. Customs made everything a nightmare. We ended up redoing the transaction another way, and letting customs destroy the product rather than either of us pay 4 times the duty of the actual item value.
Not fun.

I have a bad news for everyone today,i dont know what to say.......
Today we got the Gladiator re-make steelbook,but we found a new problem,the Director's name doesn’t looks like print on steel,and it was very easy to remove by fingernail.
We had contacted Sacanovo,they said will check this problem immediately,and my boss intend to claim for damages against Scanovo......
I think the release date must be delay again,maybe 2 or 3 weeks,if anyone want to refund,please contact Alex,he will do refund immediately.
And we also give some Special Compensate to every buyer,i will post the details at next week.
I‘ll keep everyone informed of whatever progress we've got,Sorry again.

full

Toady I feel very bad......

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo :( thanks for letting us know
too bad indeed, after Wall-E BluFans this not lucky @all

and anyway bad looking on the front what is "5 academy award" bla bla doing there

glad I choose the lenti but still doesn't make me want to open it ever

I have a bad news for everyone today,i dont know what to say.......
Today we got the Gladiator re-make steelbook,but we found a new problem,the Director's name doesn’t looks like print on steel,and it was very easy to remove by fingernail.
We had contacted Sacanovo,they said will check this problem immediately,and my boss intend to claim for damages against Scanovo......
I think the release date must be delay again,maybe 2 or 3 weeks,if anyone want to refund,please contact Alex,he will do refund immediately.
And we also give some Special Compensate to every buyer,i will post the details at next week.
I‘ll keep everyone informed of whatever progress we've got,Sorry again.

full

Toady I feel very bad......

Man I feel sorry for you guys @wxlinkswd and @n3wk1d ! Seems like you are trying so hard to bring this cool product to us and you've been let down again.

Hopefully you can get Scanavo to correct this as soon as possible so that you don't get too impacted by people cancelling.

I'm happy to wait as long as it takes. In fact, I'm still interested in getting in on the Lenticular and Normal slip GBs at some point too!! :thumbs: