Godzilla (2014) (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Dec 12, 2012
Croxley, London
Release date: October 27, 2014
Purchase link: In-store only - £21.99
HDN Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus or Masterblaster< click on name(s)

10352096_10154381974770640_2292863100407725865_n.jpg

Just announced via their Facebook page!

Last edited by a moderator:
No thanks, not with that massive 3D bit in the logo. Actually, it'd look better with the English text removed altogether from the front, just keep the Japanese text there.

Reactions: csirules
No thanks, not with that massive 3D bit in the logo. Actually, it'd look better with the English text removed altogether from the front, just keep the Japanese text there.
That would look awesome, but then the "There's no title on it!" brigade would turn up.

Tbh 9 times out of 10 I'd cope with no title on the front and just have it on the spine, since it makes it look cleaner and leaves more room for artwork.

I was hoping the UK would have an exclusive art cover! :( Pass for me... I'm happy with the FutureShop Steelbook, plus no 3D on the cover :thumbs: :cool:

Reactions: harry
I like HMV but I'm finding more and more often that I simply don't bother to buy their exclusives. I find it a pain to have to go to the store.

I'm also disappointed with the artwork. The 2D release has much better artwork.

That would look awesome, but then the "There's no title on it!" brigade would turn up.

Tbh 9 times out of 10 I'd cope with no title on the front and just have it on the spine, since it makes it look cleaner and leaves more room for artwork.

I can live without any on the front if the artwork is good. It's when they don't do either (Man With The Iron Fists I'm looking at you!) when it becomes a right pain

reading the comments by hmv they said they can hopefully announce a release date today and the official godzilla uk twitter said somehing bigs coming by god please have a collectors edition

German Amazon order cancelled.

If this Warner Bros release is anything like Man of Steel then it will be far from limited, there will be piles of them. My local one still has a pile of MOS in stock now for 9.99!

Sticking with the FS and German Media ones. Better art, will pick this up when its cheap for the 3D disc :)

Perhaps they thought a whopping 3D logo was a good idea as it's Godzilla and 'size does matter' :).

I do like the 2D artwork. but I also like this, so for now HMV you Have My Vote (or should I say pre-order).

It's bad enough having bloody 3D forced upon me at the Cinema (missed Edge of Tomorrow as refused to watch in 3D) now Warner insist on ruining all their new UK releases too.:grumpy:

Gun.GIF
3D.JPG

Well at least Futureshop didn't let me down, will be keeping Marc busy again!:p

Last edited:
Reactions: D4vem88