Godzilla (2014) (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Dec 12, 2012
Croxley, London
Release date: October 27, 2014
Purchase link: In-store only - £21.99
HDN Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus or Masterblaster< click on name(s)

10352096_10154381974770640_2292863100407725865_n.jpg

Just announced via their Facebook page!

Last edited by a moderator:
Warner releases are never what I call limited editions. This will stick around a while like Gatsby, Gravity, Man of Steel and The Hobbit. 3D logos and huge print runs = price drop.

Pass for me, unless I find more than one reason to spend £5 travelling all the way to town to pick this up. Can't be doing with paying that each time HMV gets an exclusive... and having to join a GB for a steel which is released in my own country just seems wrong imo (not saying I don't appreciate them). HMV really need to get their site back up and running!

Reactions: CaptainCoffee
YAY for finally being announced in the UK!!
BOO for being with bloody HMV!!! I realise i'm in the minority, but I bloody hate HMV.

Edit: Also, they've gone with the totally crap artwork.
Don't hate HMV but seeing as my local closed AND they still don't have their site up, I'm with you on the 'boo' :(

Pass for me, unless I find more than one reason to spend £5 travelling all the way to town to pick this up. Can't be doing with paying that each time HMV gets an exclusive... and having to join a GB for a steel which is released in my own country just seems wrong imo (not saying I don't appreciate them). HMV really need to get their site back up and running!
Seems wrong but it's the only way too avoid a potential £10 travel/parking fee :(

THANK YOU HMV! I was beginning to fear this was going to miss the steelbook boat. Despite the 3D, it looks awesome too!

Does it contain the 3D version?

Oh yes. I couldn't quite make it out. But there it is. Twice on the spine too. The most important bit. 3D. Cheers Warner Bros. The only Studio where dimension is more important than the film itself.

Sweet, will be picking this up... i work 2 minutes from a hmv :)

Starting to think HMV are going to try and get there 'Home of steelbooks' title back from zavvi

I count myself quite lucky then, my nearest HMV is a 10 minute drive away with free parking :)
I can walk to mine in about 20mins, by car less than 5 mins. No free parking though :D
my local used to be that close :(

It's a 90 min round trip for me and I'm in London!
and I thought 30 mins up or down the M6 was bad enough.

Sweet, will be picking this up... i work 2 minutes from a hmv :)

Starting to think HMV are going to try and get there 'Home of steelbooks' title back from zavvi

they really need to get their website back up IMO. I cant see how it would be too much of an issue to ship from local stores if they want to avoid a central warehouse for online orders.
Even if its just for steels/exclusives.

then again, their CS was alwasy vastly superior to what we suffer with Zavvi so I'd be glad to go back to HMV if it wasnt a store only deal :(

With the titles currently announced from HMV, that could very well happen, and then hopefully in time they can wrestle the Disney/Marvel steels out of Zavvi's grasp and show there amateurs who the real UK steelbook king is