Toronto, ON
Release date: September 16th, 2014
Purchase link: Future Shop.ca
Price: 26.99$+tx
Group Buy: biscuitnoir or Drum18
Units: 4,000
Notes: 2D only, NOT WEA as previously stated
Finish: Matte

IMPORTANT: The blue banner is on the j-card (NOT on the Steelbook)
full.jpg
360 spin

front.jpgCAN_GODZILLA_STLBOOK_3D_2.jpg

Check out the Future Shop SteelBook page!
thumb.jpg

Last edited:
at first was not gonna get any steel that didn't have the 3D, but I watched the movie and I don't know if it was just my mood but started interesting and dropped... I thought it was not so great...Kinda feels like a lower version of Pacific Rim(if comparing is possible)...I was going to get the Taiwan Fururpak, but I told myself if it's not a blind buy(when I don't get the chance to see it first or I want it because of the steel is too nice) and I got a chance to see the movie and didn't like it, I would pass on it's release. I can put that money on another release instead.

I'm not the only one who thinks this steel is ugly as s*** right?? The artwork is boring and the finish is even worse without embosse/debosse? FuturePak and Blufans for me then! :thumbs:

looks pretty plain... if it's gloss would be a different story (how many more times do we need to remind them this...?)
and I think the logo on the spine is in pretty weird position, or do they have "ゴジラ" that really really subtle and we didn't see...?

The problem lies with Warner Brothers who are known to screwing up big releases:

Almost plain back

1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. Gravity
3. Man of Steel

Lackluster finish

1. Pacific Rim (NA)

Unfortunately Godzilla Steelbook is in this league (maybe slightly better) but thankfully Edge of Tomorrow seems to look decent going by the mockup pics.

stunning release, i ordered two of them to go with my US roar button and kimchidvd 3D&2D 'zillas. i love that lil lizard. my favorite godzilla film since the OG in 1954. and future shop has a special place in my heart. :happy:

There is a spine with the title visible though it is not as pronounced. FP Vs Steelbook no contest here as the former has a superior art, embossing that runs from right to left and a super glossy finish. FP have also got a quality upgrade by making the metal more sturdier and thick than Steelbook.
If you are looking for more gimmicks, then FP is for you. Next thing you know, they will include Christmas lights on them.

I have both FuturePaks and SteelBooks, and there is no contest that SBs are the superior product.

Reactions: Bagman99