Release date: November 23rd, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: 3D - Also contains Zavvi Exclusive bonus disc

1.jpg

TEMP artwork:
11153763-7064313006997996.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even care about the art cards, posters, numbering cards, etc etc. I'd pay the extra cost for a full slip to house my steelbook in. The full slips are more important than the actual steelbook, because you don't see the steelbook on your shelf. You see the spine of the full slip.

Folks, please feel free to start general chat threads about all of these other topics in the Gen Chat Steelbook area (or contribute to the many existing threads). All collectors, regardless of collectibles/extras preferences are welcomed and represented in the hidefninja.com community, but we appreciate everyone keeping specific threads on topic. Thanks!

I don't even care about the art cards, posters, numbering cards, etc etc. I'd pay the extra cost for a full slip to house my steelbook in. The full slips are more important than the actual steelbook, because you don't see the steelbook on your shelf. You see the spine of the full slip.

I actually give my slips to a friend. I have no use for them. Even ones like the Blufans lenticulars. It just makes it stand out on the shelf compared to the others and bugs me. I'm only interested in the Steelbook, none of the cards or slips or bonus stuff. Sometimes I don't even care if it's region locked. It always bugs me a little that certain Steels are harder to acquire because of the slipcover. If Blufans Frozen didn't have so many different slip options it wouldn't have resulted in completist needing each version of the same Steelbook and more people would have been able to get a copy...myself included. But, hey, it makes people happy and there's a market for it; so who am I to thumb my nose at the idea?

If this artwork is chosen it will be no different to that on the Amaray and not a bad thing for that IMO.

I'd just like to quickly add my comments to the mix on steelbook rarity etc. :-

- U.K. steelbooks are still rare and mostly very pleasing objects in which to house our films and certainly NOT mass market items.
- The figures speak for themselves - out of the approx. half a million Blu-rays released in the U.K. since 2006 only about 730 of these have been released in steelbooks.
- A large majority of these approx. 730 are now OOP.
- The U.K. steelbook market is tiny compared to the market for plastic cased Blu-rays and most take a while to sell out even with print runs as low as 2,000 although they do sell out eventually.

It could be argued that some titles take a long time to sell out because they are unpopular choices but the beauty of the random selection is that there should be something for everybody - from brand new blockbusters to little-known arthouse or foreign titles to early classics.

All I can say is keep up the good work and feed my addiction.

Reactions: Ranavalone
If this artwork is chosen it will be no different to that on the Amaray and not a bad thing for that IMO.

I'd just like to quickly add my comments to the mix on steelbook rarity etc. :-

- U.K. steelbooks are still rare and mostly very pleasing objects in which to house our films and certainly NOT mass market items.
- The figures speak for themselves - out of the approx. half a million Blu-rays released in the U.K. since 2006 only about 730 of these have been released in steelbooks.
- A large majority of these approx. 730 are now OOP.
- The U.K. steelbook market is tiny compared to the market for plastic cased Blu-rays and most take a while to sell out even with print runs as low as 2,000 although they do sell out eventually.

It could be argued that some titles take a long time to sell out because they are unpopular choices but the beauty of the random selection is that there should be something for everybody - from brand new blockbusters to little-known arthouse or foreign titles to early classics.

All I can say is keep up the good work and feed my addiction.

Half a million? More like 10,000

OK,I stand corrected - I was clearly looking in the wrong place. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
However the 822 steelbooks to date doesn't seem right unless that's up to the end of this year.

Reactions: jono3000
What's the deal with Disney/Pixar short films and Blu Rays? Do they always come with the Blu Ray/Steelbook? I've had a look at my Wreck-It Ralph 3D Blu Ray and it comes with it, but with a lot of my steelbooks I don't have the J-Cards anymore so can't check. So for example, does the Big Hero 6 Nova steelbook come with the Short Film that was played before it at the cinema (the one with the dog)? Apparently the Cinderella steelbook doesn't come with Frozen Fever which is why I'm asking whether the others come with the shorts played before them!

What's the deal with Disney/Pixar short films and Blu Rays? Do they always come with the Blu Ray/Steelbook? I've had a look at my Wreck-It Ralph 3D Blu Ray and it comes with it, but with a lot of my steelbooks I don't have the J-Cards anymore so can't check. So for example, does the Big Hero 6 Nova steelbook come with the Short Film that was played before it at the cinema (the one with the dog)? Apparently the Cinderella steelbook doesn't come with Frozen Fever which is why I'm asking whether the others come with the shorts played before them!

Big Hero 6 does have the Feast short (the one with the dog). The UK Zavvi Cinderella does have Frozen Fever included but it appears to be the only version of the Cinderella Steelbook that has it on the disc world wide.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Ultron96