Price: £24.99

woods.jpg

back.jpg

interior.jpg

exterior.jpg

intothewoods.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks buddy @harry :thumbs:

Sorry for the stupid question but I thought Zavvi has a "Pre-Order Price Promise" like Amazon and I don't have to re-order if they reduce the price before release or am I wrong? (I pre-ordered now in the hope that the price will fall;))

Good question.

Yeah, Zavvi's site indicates this pre-order promise. However, I thought I'd read some previous posts (don't recall where) from others where Zavvi didn't honor it. Would definitely be interested to know, for any future purchases...

Reactions: harry
While the cast and concept of this movie is great, have you all seen this movie? The steel should be good, but the movie was....
yuck.gif

I'm passing on this one as I was so disappointed...not even close to Maleficent

Sorry for the stupid question but I thought Zavvi has a "Pre-Order Price Promise" like Amazon and I don't have to re-order if they reduce the price before release or am I wrong? (I pre-ordered now in the hope that the price will fall;))
Good question.

Yeah, Zavvi's site indicates this pre-order promise. However, I thought I'd read some previous posts (don't recall where) from others where Zavvi didn't honor it. Would definitely be interested to know, for any future purchases...
From what I've read, it's not automatic. You get charged the price at time of ordering, then have to send them a message requesting a refund for the difference.
Also, if you use any discount codes for the order, the price promise is not valid and they will not refund any differences if it gets reduced further.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hatori and steel888
I was expecting the price to come down. No way I'm paying more for this than I paid for The Lion King and Maleficent, both of which were in 3D.

From what I've read, it's not automatic. You get charged the price at time of ordering, then have to send them a message requesting a refund for the difference.
Also, if you use any discount codes for the order, the price promise is not valid and they will not refund any differences if it gets reduced further.

That's where I get confused. The price guarantee only guarantees if the price on the release date drops, or does it take into account the inbetween drops as well? Sorry for my bad english, let me ask with an example:
Movie XY when goes live costs 30€. 20 days later drops to 15€. At release date it rises to 20€. The price guarantee give me 15€ or 20€?
If the 15€ comes into play...how can I know that the price has dropped to that level, if I wasn't checking the site everyday? - it's a bit hard to request a refund for something I didn't know.

@harry Thanks for the tag.
Zavvi don't give the pre order price promise to you automatically
If the Price drops on or before release date you have to contact Zavvi after release date asking them to give you the price reduction
That's to messy with Zavvi so its easier just to re order if price drops and cancel order that was more expensive

As they don't give you the reduction automatically is just less hassle to re order at the cheaper price

Reactions: Hatori
That's where I get confused. The price guarantee only guarantees if the price on the release date drops, or does it take into account the inbetween drops as well? Sorry for my bad english, let me ask with an example:
Movie XY when goes live costs 30€. 20 days later drops to 15€. At release date it rises to 20€. The price guarantee give me 15€ or 20€?
If the 15€ comes into play...how can I know that the price has dropped to that level, if I wasn't checking the site everyday? - it's a bit hard to request a refund for something I didn't know.
As I understand it, you would get the difference between the price you ordered it at and the lowest point it reached between ordering and release (so in your scenario, €15). But as others have said, you have to contact Zavvi to get the refund. It's not done automatically like, say, Amzon, as their website is just not that sophisticated.

Reactions: Raimi
Pre-ordered, same as Paddington, but if ever I see a better release somewhere else(Asian) I might cancel...but at least I have those secured if it's not released elsewhere like Maleficent (except Spain)

Reactions: Hatori
Too expensive for me. I have to consider another 19% VAT if it stucks in custom. I will risk waiting for a price drop or buy it on ebay