Iron Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #12) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: December 5, 2014
Purchase links: Lenticular (SOLD OUT) - 1/4 Slip (SOLD OUT) (Pre-order on November 10 at 11 PM Korea time UTC+9. UK: 2 PM GMT / USA (east) 9 AM / USA (west) 6 AM ) Please use the following timezone converter to find out the time in your area
Price:
$42.90$ (after 3 days, $44.99)
Package detail:
-
2 discs
- Lenticular
- 1/4 slip
Print run: 3.7K
1850 for Oversea, 1850 for Local
Order Limit Qty:
Lenticular Edition : 2 per order
1/4 Slip : 1 per order

Paramount approved artwork

steelbook.jpg

interior.jpg

lenticular.jpg

quarter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Postman been and gone and still not arrived here in the West Midlands, tracking still says

Date Status Post office/Airport Details
16:27 01-Dec-2014 Posting/Collection SL.YONGSAN
Posting office zip code : 140012

Transit or Destination country : UNITED KINGDOM

19:35 01-Dec-2014 SL.YONGSAN
20:29 01-Dec-2014 EASTSEOUL MAIL CENTER
21:02 01-Dec-2014 EASTSEOUL MAIL CENTER
23:23 01-Dec-2014 INTERNATIONAL POST OFFICE
11:38 02-Dec-2014 Departure from outward office of exchange INTERNATIONAL POST OFFICE
Dispatch number : 101

15:11 02-Dec-2014 INCHEON Flight number : AF267

Whichever site I track it on it says the same :(

Don't think this will arrive before Christmas now and may well be lost forever :( Unless of course our friendly customs people have it and they are waiting to send me a big bill :( :(

Ron

Nothing again today and tracking exactly the same as yesterday...YET, I received a parcel today from Plain Archive via K Packet despatched last Friday!! Took 5 days including the weekend! How does that work then ? :(

Ron

I don't think he was sent a damaged steelbook. The steelbook was properly packaged, wrapped in layers of bubble wrap and placed in a proper box. His photo clearly shows the package was smashed in transit. :)

View attachment 123165

View attachment 123166

the amount of bubble wrap used is nearly impenetrable unless done with full intention. the box could be nearly mangled and beat to all hell, but as long as it's safe in the bubble wrap it will be fine. in this case that steelbook was already damaged before entering the package.

Reactions: gaeljet
Good luck with the refund. Been 2 weeks and still no refund for the Dallas Buyers Club I had cancelled, and no replies to emails as well.

Thanks. He has replied to all my emails thus far so I'm surprised that he hasn't responded to you.
That's another reason why I chose to use the tracking service so that I know when he has received it.

Still no tracking updates at all since Incheon airport on 2nd December. Pretty sure at this point it's just not going to turn up. :grumpy:
Emailed Tony mentioning the situation, will see if he has anything useful to say or not.

I do not think they cover the return postage. I have had 0% solutions when dealing with Kimchi regarding returns, refunds etc

If you mean there has been no response then you can open a case in paypal about the steelbook, even Choi recommended this, head over to the Kimchi retailer thread. It could be too late for older purchases but in the UK I know the 45 day limit was extended to 180 days, I'm not sure about the rest of Europe and the World, something you may want to check.

Tony hasn't mentioned about covering the postage costs yet. I'm sending the package off today (via Royal Mail with tracking) and I will send him another email with the receipt of the postal charges.

The Zavvi box is sturdy enough to protect the steelbook; there is also a sheet of foam padding inside.

Ok, that's poor service from Kimchi not mentioning the return cost will be covered, I hope they refund you return costs as well, keep us updated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Graphic_Delusions
Still no tracking updates at all since Incheon airport on 2nd December. Pretty sure at this point it's just not going to turn up. :grumpy:
Emailed Tony mentioning the situation, will see if he has anything useful to say or not.

I have sent two emails with no reply :( Let us know if you get anything back please.

Another data point about return shipping costs; I've only once returned a steelbook (slightly scratched, visible through the shrink wrap) to KimchiDVD.

When the refund was processed, I got an email from Tony asking about my return shipping costs and those got refunded, too. Credit card order, so I got store credit, but that's not a problem for me when I know that I will place purchases with the seller in the future, too.

I did give them a friendly nudge about the refund processing when Korean Post tracking showed that the package had arrived 13 days ago.

If you want to hear back from Tony you have to be nice. Just sayin!!!

Not sure what you mean, I haven't sent him any abusive emails asking "Where's my parcel" lol

I have emailed him twice explaining that Customs and Royal mail have both stated parcel hasn't entered the UK and could he please look into it for me.

There must be a problem with a consignment of these as it's too much of a coincidence that a few of us have orders outstanding and they were all scanned at the same time.

If you want to hear back from Tony you have to be nice. Just sayin!!!
I am not advocating any rudeness when contacting Tony. But by the same token he didn't give us anything as a favour. I paid good money to his business for a product that I have not received. If he doesn't reply in a timely manner then it is Tony who is being rude. Once PayPal disputes mount up we will see whether communication skills will improve.

Got my Lenticular yesterday. Its a very poor steelbook IMO. I guess I was expecting to be blown away but its just OK. Nothing great and nothing bad. I like Play and FS more (though I have neither). All hopes now with Blufans.

Come on blu-steel, you know steelbook collecting isn't objective. An Iron Man release is big news, a KimchiDVD is bigger news, so subjectively the level needed to meet expectations is much higher. And I've put my money on the blufans Iron Man exceeding the level of expectation.

To be fair the steel looks just like the mockup and the lenticular is outstanding. I don't see any surprises. The one thing I was worried about was if there was going to be gloss or not and it ended up having it so IMO its a great release. The main criticism I see about this one is that people think its too dark. Who is to say it has to be bright? I think over time people will realize it doesn't have to be the same brightness of the other 3. At least it is different.