Iron Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #12) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: December 5, 2014
Purchase links: Lenticular (SOLD OUT) - 1/4 Slip (SOLD OUT) (Pre-order on November 10 at 11 PM Korea time UTC+9. UK: 2 PM GMT / USA (east) 9 AM / USA (west) 6 AM ) Please use the following timezone converter to find out the time in your area
Price:
$42.90$ (after 3 days, $44.99)
Package detail:
-
2 discs
- Lenticular
- 1/4 slip
Print run: 3.7K
1850 for Oversea, 1850 for Local
Order Limit Qty:
Lenticular Edition : 2 per order
1/4 Slip : 1 per order

Paramount approved artwork

steelbook.jpg

interior.jpg

lenticular.jpg

quarter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine yesterday in NY. Wasn't amazed with it and had scracthes on the back right and back upper left corner. I was kind of annoyed but the Lenticular is nice. I like my Futureshop and Play much more and assume the Blufans will be better than all hopefully. The scratches really sucked though after opening. Wish i kept it sealed.

I might be the bearer of bad news, but i just received a notice of detention due to copyright infringement in the post. (n)
I have a package i am waiting for from kimchi (lenti and 1/4) and the only other one is TF4 blufans which has only just shipped.
Anyone had one of these notices before, if so what was the outcome.

I might be the bearer of bad news, but i just received a notice of detention due to copyright infringement in the post. (n)
I have a package i am waiting for from kimchi (lenti and 1/4) and the only other one is TF4 blufans which has only just shipped.
Anyone had one of these notices before, if so what was the outcome.
Well, I've never heard of that before. Also, it's an officially licensed Steelbook, so how on earth would it be infringing on anyone's copyright? :confused:
Who was the letter from? Are you sure it's not just some weird Christmas scam (e.g. ring this premium rate number to enquire...)?

It is from border force HWDC.
I don't suppose you could post a copy of the letter? That way I can tell a co-worker to keep an eye out for it in case one arrives for me at work over Christmas too.

The only information I've really found about anything was in this article.

This bit in particular is concerning:

After suspected counterfeit goods are detained by Border Force, officers approach the rights holders to verify that the products are fakes. The rights holder then decides whether or not to bring a private prosecution against the importer. After this process is complete, the goods can be destroyed.

Counterfeit items purchased over the internet – often by unsuspecting buyers – and imported through the postal system can be seized, leaving the buyer out of pocket.

So what they're saying is if they suspect them to be fake and for some reason the UK Iron Man rights holder says they are, not only will we never receive it but we might get sued?

Last edited:
Looks like bad news then, if the above is correct this WILL be the end of my Kimchi exclusive collection and the whole lot will be up for sale in the new year and I have every exclusive released so far :(

Ron

The letter states that i have to return the form by 2nd Jan saying that i believe the goods do not infringe an intellectual property right and i do not give consent to abandonment or destruction, which may result in legal proceeding. :(

Reactions: justhedudeman
According to a co-worker who just sent me a message, I've received the same letter from Border Force today. Ugh.
Now I've got to go in to work today just to pick up the letter, because I'm not going to be back at work before 2nd Jan...

Reactions: justhedudeman
Well no suprise here then despite receiving a parcel from Canada still NO Iron Man :(

Ron

Did you get the Drive FutureShop?

If so did you choose priority shipping?

Still waiting on mine :(

Still no IM today or any letter, I can't see how we are supposed to provide proof that this is genuine and not a fake, when it takes Tony weeks to respond to the simplest of enquiries.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Travis Bickle
I can't see how we are supposed to provide proof that this is genuine and not a fake, when it takes Tony weeks to respond to the simplest of enquiries.
For a start, Scanavo are the only company that produce Steelbooks, and they're not going to produce Steelbooks with images from major franchises on without checking with the rights holder that they have permission to, else they're going to get sued big time.

Did you get the Drive FutureShop?

If so did you choose priority shipping?

Still waiting on mine :(

Still no IM today or any letter, I can't see how we are supposed to provide proof that this is genuine and not a fake, when it takes Tony weeks to respond to the simplest of enquiries.

No its a private trade from Canada for my Son @KD Scorp Everuthing I get from China and Korea is Kpacket and something from Plain Archive arrived last week in 5 days from shipping, that was KPacket

This leaves a very bad taste in my mouth particually as Kimchi seem completely disinterested in our predicament :(

Ron

Still no sign of this in the post and the tracking is still showing the 02 Dec phantom flight.

I was really hoping to have this by Christmas and the letter received by @Ali D doesn't bode well :(

The letter states that i have to return the form by 2nd Jan saying that i believe the goods do not infringe an intellectual property right and i do not give consent to abandonment or destruction, which may result in legal proceeding. :(

By the 2nd of December! Are they insane? I haven't even received a letter yet at my work, and I'm not back in till the 29th!