Iron Man (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 31st, 2015 (Zbox) and November 23rd 2015 (Steelbook)
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

zboxim.jpg

iron-man-2-580x337.jpg iron-man-2-2-580x337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I reakon more people dislike it than the people who like it.
We are actually not being mean in our posts we are just talking which is absolutely fine.
I posted the info that the Twitter curator posted just like Paul boland did for print run. If people are not happy with the info provided by Zbox Twitter then they are allowed to express wether they want to keep or cancel or comment on them.
Plus his words about gloss, lentis and widely appreciated are going to be a talk of town on here in a way considering that Info Is strange and it gives you all a heads up

You have no idea how many people like it or don't, do you know everyone person that bought it? Lol
Well here's my opinion on this steel. Firstly, I don't have it, so can't really comment on it. Good bye :thumbs:

Well said ;)

You have no idea how many people like it or don't, do you know everyone person that bought it? Lol

Well said ;)
I said I reakon not I know.
Big difference. Reakon is guessing

@Mr Y Fronts has a great point but I've bought many steels because people have posted pics which I liked and then purchased or ive ducked out of many for the same reason so photos (and vids on YouTube) help me decide

Reactions: Norwichlad
I said I reakon not I know.
Big difference. Reakon is guessing

@Mr Y Fronts has a great point but I've bought many steels because people have posted pics which I liked and then purchased or ive ducked out of many for the same reason so photos (and vids on YouTube) help me decide
Understand that, but I have a problem, I haven't been given the chance to purchase on its own YET, so although I would like this, the problem is the Lenticular, unless I have it in hand, I can't tell how good the effect is. I bought the Novamedia Avengers lenti, and when that arrived, I was totally blown away at what could be done with the medium. The depth, 3D effect on each of the characters is stunning, and then we got zavvis Avengers Assemble, and that lenti was just appalling in comparison. the characters were flat, the depth was so minimal it was a waste of time even bothering.

So the question is, is this Iron Man lenticular actually any good ?, is Iron Man in 3D when tilted, is the Title in 3D, is there good depth to it, or is it just another Avengers Assemble waste of time and effort.....

Reactions: dLux and Flloydo
I think it looks okay actually.

Gloss would obviously be better than matte, and as someone who'd just throw the lenticular bit away, whether it aligns 100% or not wouldn't bother me. If I didn't already have an Iron Man steelbook I'd be quite happy with this one.

I think the BluFans version is the best, followed by Play's (the one I have), then Zavvi's and finally FutureShop (sorry, I just hate, hate, hate blue banners).

Understand that, but I have a problem, I haven't been given the chance to purchase on its own YET, so although I would like this, the problem is the Lenticular, unless I have it in hand, I can't tell how good the effect is. I bought the Novamedia Avengers lenti, and when that arrived, I was totally blown away at what could be done with the medium. The depth, 3D effect on each of the characters is stunning, and then we got zavvis Avengers Assemble, and that lenti was just appalling in comparison. the characters were flat, the depth was so minimal it was a waste of time even bothering.

So the question is, is this Iron Man lenticular actually any good ?, is Iron Man in 3D when tilted, is the Title in 3D, is there good depth to it, or is it just another Avengers Assemble waste of time and effort.....

I do completely agree and a lenticular is so hard to show through a photo. I've also been blown away by lentis that don't look great on here in a photo but it's already on the way to me and then open it up boom wow.
But I have seen the avengers assemble zavvi lenti first hand and was appalled. but the lenti in the photos for cap and iron man both look a little crisper but the mis alignment bothers me and the matte finish (also the price)

Last edited:
Reactions: dLux
I've got the avengers one and I really like it, love the image they used but do know there are many other cool versions.

Through all the nonsense I just wish they would actually do films that have never had a steelbook release

It may not be anything special, certainly not on par with the Blufans or Play.com editions but it isn't terrible like some are making out. If it is made available separately at some point, it will make for a decent, cheaper alternative for those who have missed out on past releases.

Each to their own, funny how much time people are spending discussing this so called 'homeless man's Iron Man lol

I think it's really nice and a lot of people who couldn't get or afford other versions are actually pretty happy with this :)

It is nice, but disappointing for those mislead over a 2nd disc when the images in OP posted by Zavvi led many to believe it would be.

Lol theres people on Twitter think this is the best version of the IM steels hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wouldn't even take this for free. Rather have the 2 disc amaray than this rubbish!

I own the play.com and the Zavvi and I don't think there's such a huge disparity between them, and in terms of cost for the steelbooks play IM1 sealed is going for £50 the last month or so with this one costing £40.

I don't think any steelbook collector would take an amaray over a steelbook for free, regardless of how "bad" it is.

Reactions: Flash
I do wonder had anyone else released this (other than zavvi ) would there be as many negative comments? The only place I have seen people complaining about this is here. I have seen plenty of posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram that are positive. So yeah lots of people like it.

I do wonder had anyone else released this (other than zavvi ) would there be as many negative comments? The only place I have seen people complaining about this is here. I have seen plenty of posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram that are positive. So yeah lots of people like it.

Exactly well said :thumbs:
I own the play.com and the Zavvi and I don't think there's such a huge disparity between them, and in terms of cost for the steelbooks play IM1 sealed is going for £50 the last month or so with this one costing £40.

I don't think any steelbook collector would take an amaray over a steelbook for free, regardless of how "bad" it is.

Very true :thumbs:

This is what I mentioned earlier and they seem to be the same people (or at least majority of them) that praise every single release so I just ignore them comments now as I find this place to be much more realistic than people commenting on Facebook

This is what I mentioned earlier and they seem to be the same people (or at least majority of them) that praise every single release so I just ignore them comments now as I find this place to be much more realistic than people commenting on Facebook

There are also lots of people who slate every release and it's pretty boring.

Having a look across social media there is quite a lot of people who both like this and also don't, can't we just move on

Who thinks that RDJ will still be Iron Man next film?

There are also lots of people who slate every release and it's pretty boring.

Having a look across social media there is quite a lot of people who both like this and also don't, can't we just move on

Who thinks that RDJ will still be Iron Man next film?

Well I don't slate evey releases so you can point that hint in another direction.

No he's gona die in civil war lol

(Seriously tho I hope he don't)

But if they have to replace him as iron man who would you pick?

No one. If he wants to end his stint as iron man then he should be killed off.
I would hate it if they just replace him.
The only 2 replacements I'm happy with is hulk becasue the Norton film was the first one and the marvel films got much better after that film and ruffalo was better.
Also don cheadle and again it was after the first iron man not after 3 films (or 6 in RDJ in this case if they replaced him)
I'm not looking forward to a new wolverine either unless they started it all again.

Last edited:

I don't like to admit it but there is an elitist culture on this forum and it is pretty embarrassing. It is all about being part of little cliques, tagging your mates and putting down those who don't agree with the general consensus. (n)

That could be said about both likers and non-likers. To me this is far from appalling, sure it could be better but so could most other releases, but that doesn't mean it's absolutely crap.

Anyone else playing Iron Man is just plain wrong! RdJ is Iron Man!
Interestingly I read somewhere that Tom Cruise was originally wanted for the role............

• Informative
Reactions: Flash and Flloydo
That could be said about both likers and non-likers. To me this is far from appalling, sure it could be better but so could most other releases, but that doesn't mean it's absolutely crap.

Anyone else playing Iron Man is just plain wrong! RdJ is Iron Man!
Interestingly I read somewhere that Tom Cruise was originally wanted for the role............

He was also meant to be spiderman orginally lol
Also that guy from the office and away we go was suppose to be captain America lol