It Follows (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Blu Collection) (Kimchidvd Exclusive) [Korea]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: May 25, 2016
Purchase link: Full Slip (400 copies) OOS - Lenti Type A (700 copies) - Lenti Type B (1000 copies) - One Click (300 copies, matching numbers) OOS - Pre-order May 4 at 2 PM (Korea time) - Check your local timing HERE
Price:
$34.99 (Lenti or Full Slip) - $104 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Kaka1888

Full Slip | Lenticular Type A | Lenticular Type B

13131448_1871122413114967_2798739739749877862_o.jpg 13072627_1871122419781633_8603720154938463098_o.jpg 13087232_1871122416448300_1995685101166196727_o.jpg

ss+(2016-04-28+at+11.26.32).png

1.jpg

1554539_1846319745595234_1664002079131356164_n-jpg.228472

1915730_1846319755595233_6381538339858207957_n-jpg.228474

1239692_1846319775595231_5353197999699721692_n-jpg.228475

1913549_1846319778928564_2132957295823290361_n-jpg.228476

Last edited by a moderator:
If anybody has a like new FS they're interested in selling, would you message me please? There are copies available on eBay but I'm terrified that I'll get a scratched one and the seller won't care. Thx.

Knowing how big the problem was with the steels, wouldn't you be nervous to sell it? This message board has some of the nicest people I've come across and also the crazy @psychoscot (haha), so how would you feel if you sold it in good faith and the person receiving it got one of the many really messed up steels?

Unfortunately it's one of those things. We don't have x Ray vision and what comes around goes around. I bought steels from members and a few of them were defected, hidden dents scratches etc. I don't complain and still give positive feedback as it's not their fault. I sold steels and some of them have hidden defects but no one actually complains as we can't see through the seal or slips etc. Blufans are the biggest problem with steels, most of them are not mint. Kimchi aren't too bad. All my nova steels are mint.

Unfortunately it's one of those things. We don't have x Ray vision and what comes around goes around. I bought steels from members and a few of them were defected, hidden dents scratches etc. I don't complain and still give positive feedback as it's not their fault. I sold steels and some of them have hidden defects but no one actually complains as we can't see through the seal or slips etc. Blufans are the biggest problem with steels, most of them are not mint. Kimchi aren't too bad. All my nova steels are mint.

This is very different because everyone is aware many steels were affected. This is not a situation where it's very unlikely but always possible something is wrong inside. This is an issue that was widespread and a major problem that affected a significant portion of the steels.

I don't see there being any equilancy. Selling one that got know could very well be damaged and sticking the buyer, who probably is totally unaware of the problem, is terrible.

Last edited:
This is very different because everyone is aware many steels were affected. This is not a situation where it's very unlikely but always possible something is wrong inside. This is an issue that was widespread and a major problem that affected a significant portion of the steels.

I don't see there being any equilancey. Selling one that got know could very well be damaged and sticking the buyer, who probably is totally unaware of the problem, is terrible.

You don't know until you open it. That's the risk of collecting. As a collector yourself you should be well aware of hidden defects. As a seller you don't know if the person is a new collector or not. A majority of traders here are well aware of hidden defects as it is not the sellers fault. If you weren't aware as a new collector then you will soon gain that experience.

Reactions: C.C. 95
You don't know until you open it. That's the risk of collecting. As a collector yourself you should be well aware of hidden defects. As a seller you don't know if the person is a new collector or not. A majority of traders here are well aware of hidden defects as it is not the sellers fault. If you weren't aware as a new collector then you will soon gain that experience.

I literally have no respect for what you're expressing so please leave me out of this discussion from now on and do as you please.

This is not an ordinary release. It was plagued by problems and if you have that little concern for the people you sell to, you give collecting a very bad name.

I don't see there being any equilancey. Selling one that got know could very well be damaged and sticking the buyer, who probably is totally unaware of the problem, is terrible.
A lot of collectors never open their steels. I'm not one of them, but a significant amount are. I suppose it doesn't matter to them if the steelbook is damaged or not, as it'll never see the light of day. I don't see any issue with sellers putting them up "as is" with the steelbook's condition being a mystery.

What's the alternative? The seller agrees to take back the opened copy if the steelbook has X amount of defects? If you're buying directly from Kimchi, then sure, that's perfectly reasonable. But we're talking the second-hand market here. I don't think the same standards can be applied to out of print collectibles where the value is often weighted heavily in favor of factory sealed merchandise.

As far as this release is concerned, I think buyers looking for a mint copy would be best served by holding out for one that's already been unsealed and in satisfactory condition. Otherwise, you just have to take the risk of opening an out of print release and accept that you rolled the dice when you broke the seal.

Last edited:
Knowing how big the problem was with the steels, wouldn't you be nervous to sell it? This message board has some of the nicest people I've come across and also the crazy @psychoscot (haha), so how would you feel if you sold it in good faith and the person receiving it got one of the many really messed up steels?
I'm not a retailer and can't afford the luxury of a replacement. And if the item is opened (and does indeed turn out to have scratches) then it ends being worth quite a lot less and harder to shift. So I can't imagine anyone selling a sealed copy is going to open it and check it for you.

I would be selling it as is, and would say it's buyer beware on this one.

If it's going to bother you, you'd be better buying an opened one so at least you could find out more info (pics) beforehand.....

I literally have no respect for what you're expressing so please leave me out of this discussion from now on and do as you please.

This is not an ordinary release. It was plagued by problems and if you have that little concern for the people you sell to, you give collecting a very bad name.
In fairness I can see sunnyx's side of things. Maybe he worded it a bit harshly, but unfortunately it's part of collecting. Unless you're a retailer there's not a whole lot you can offer.

I guess something like this might be 50/50? Some won't mind some surface scuffs and other more OCD collectors will.

A lot probably depends on the person who's buying it also.....

A lot of collectors never open their steels. I'm not one of them, but a significant amount are. I suppose it doesn't matter to them if the steelbook is damaged or not, as it'll never see the light of day. I don't see any issue with sellers putting them up "as is" with the steelbook's condition being a mystery.

What's the alternative? The seller agrees to take back the opened copy if the steelbook has X amount of defects? If you're buying directly from Kimchi, then sure, that's perfectly reasonable. But we're talking the second-hand market here. I don't think the same standards can be applied to out of print collectibles where the value is often weighted heavily in favor of factory sealed merchandise.

As far as this release is concerned, I think buyers looking for a mint copy would be best served by holding out for one that's already been unsealed and in satisfactory condition. Otherwise, you just have to take the risk of opening an out of print release and accept that you rolled the dice when you broke the seal.
You just posted this as I was commenting.!

We said pretty much the same thing! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
For me when i sell a steel. If its sealed i put a disclaimer that i can be held responsible for what is under the seal and if you open it then i will not accept a return. I have bought sealed steels off ebay, opened them and there were defects (Fifth element Kimchi for example)

People paying these prices for steels should know the deal and anyone selling can not be held responsible for what they can not see. It is different for the retailers though.

Anyway. I enjoyed this movie a lot

Reactions: C.C. 95