It Follows (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Blu Collection) (Kimchidvd Exclusive) [Korea]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: May 25, 2016
Purchase link: Full Slip (400 copies) OOS - Lenti Type A (700 copies) - Lenti Type B (1000 copies) - One Click (300 copies, matching numbers) OOS - Pre-order May 4 at 2 PM (Korea time) - Check your local timing HERE
Price:
$34.99 (Lenti or Full Slip) - $104 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Kaka1888

Full Slip | Lenticular Type A | Lenticular Type B

13131448_1871122413114967_2798739739749877862_o.jpg 13072627_1871122419781633_8603720154938463098_o.jpg 13087232_1871122416448300_1995685101166196727_o.jpg

ss+(2016-04-28+at+11.26.32).png

1.jpg

1554539_1846319745595234_1664002079131356164_n-jpg.228472

1915730_1846319755595233_6381538339858207957_n-jpg.228474

1239692_1846319775595231_5353197999699721692_n-jpg.228475

1913549_1846319778928564_2132957295823290361_n-jpg.228476

Last edited by a moderator:
For me when i sell a steel. If its sealed i put a disclaimer that i can be held responsible for what is under the seal and if you open it then i will not accept a return. I have bought sealed steels off ebay, opened them and there were defects (Fifth element Kimchi for example)

People paying these prices for steels should know the deal and anyone selling can not be held responsible for what they can not see. It is different for the retailers though.

Anyway. I enjoyed this movie a lot

Disclaimers are sadly disregarded by both eBay and PayPal when it comes to buyer opening a not as described claim. Unless seller and the buyer agrees via eBay messaging that no one can't be held responsible for hidden imperfections, it is almost impossible to get away with just the disclaimers.

Anyway one is after a sealed copy, feel free to check the sales section in HDN as you may be in for a pleasant surprise. :)

I'm not a retailer and can't afford the luxury of a replacement. And if the item is opened (and does indeed turn out to have scratches) then it ends being worth quite a lot less and harder to shift. So I can't imagine anyone selling a sealed copy is going to open it and check it for you.

I would be selling it as is, and would say it's buyer beware on this one.

If it's going to bother you, you'd be better buying an opened one so at least you could find out more info (pics) beforehand.....

I just don't agree. I own a business and sometimes I have to do the right thing and take a loss. If I knew I got product in that came from a lot where the supplier had many problems, I couldn't just pass that along to other people and say that's not my problem when I'm clearly aware there is a problem beforehand.

If there's a 1000 copies of an exclusive in a normal scenario, then it's different. The chances of there being anything wrong is quite remote so you sell it knowing full well you expect the buyer to get something in pristine condition. If there happens to be a small problem, you can't really be expected to do much. You didn't know any better.

People do know better with this release. And, I'm basing my opinion from the many people here who reported the problem as much worse than some surface scratches that may or may not even be detectable. Sounds like a lot of people asked kimchi to replace their steels with new ones, yet some of the same people would argue selling a sealed copy that has a high likelihood (or at least far higher than usual) is just like any other regular transcation.

I don't see it that way. My standards are higher than that. I couldn't sell that off without at least making a note to any sellers giving them some additional information about the problems and then allowing them to decide with all the facts whether they wanted to go ahead with the purchase. For me at least, not everything is about making a profit. Occasionally, I think, you need to do the right thing over the most expedient thing.

Then you suck if up and make it up on future sales. It's not like this kind of thing happens very often.

When I bought the Big Blue on EBay, my seller included a replacement disc which had been sent out. Others were selling it without the corrected disc. If they weren't aware of the problem, that's one thing but if they knew about it and just didn't want to be bothered getting the corrected disc or warning the consumer they would have to, I think that's a terrible thing to do to make a few bucks. And it's not like there's a lot of exclusives for sale at any one time.

If you're a seller, you're probably looking at the other listings. If you see other listings with an extra disc on the side with corrected audio and you know you don't have it or any disclaimer in your listing about it, you should pull your listing or add that information for the consumer to know.

Just my opinion. I'm willing to take the same risks as all of you here. When I fly, I know there's a remote chance of a crash. If there's something like a 50/50 chance we're going down and they don't tell me beforehand, that just doesn't "fly" with me. ;)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Raimi
I literally have no respect for what you're expressing so please leave me out of this discussion from now on and do as you please.

This is not an ordinary release. It was plagued by problems and if you have that little concern for the people you sell to, you give collecting a very bad name.

Well for one I have No idea this release was plagued with problems. As I stated earlier Asian steels seems to be common with defects. Nothing really new at all.

Secondly private sellers are not retailers. If you want the luxuary of having a mint copy then only buy opened mint steels.

Thirdly I don't own a business so I don't have the experience and issues that you widely construct.

Also I don't understand your hostility either of what I am saying. If it bothers you that much I leave you to continue to derail the thread.

Reactions: lgans316
Disclaimers are sadly disregarded by both eBay and PayPal when it comes to buyer opening a not as described claim. Unless seller and the buyer agrees via eBay messaging that no one can't be held responsible for hidden imperfections, it is almost impossible to get away with just the disclaimers.

Anyway one is after a sealed copy, feel free to check the sales section in HDN as you may be in for a pleasant surprise. :)

True but it does help to have it. The disclaimer can be disregarded but it encourages collectors to not complain about the defects.

How dare you have the audacity to say that it is common that Asian Steels have defects. It is going to hurt us bad. Asian Steels are made of diamond which is hard to break lol. :rofl:

Lol. Maybe we should all put disclaimers on our blufan steels for sale. At least that won't upset Ms Veronica Mars :naughty:

@sunnyux Just in regards to this specific being with a problem steel that is correct. The amount of damaged steels are extremely high and not comparable to a regular release.

It seems the main problem was that the steelbooks were shrink wrapped without being totally dry. When I Opened both of my copies I could see the plastic wrap imprint back side at many places and many small scratches along the border front steel. I was sent 2 steel replacement and they were put on the back of a mouse pad each within a loose bag but the plastic bag within the shipping box of course touched the steels and when I removed them from the bag I could see the imprints of the shape of the bag where it was touching and also the pattern of the mouse pad imprinted on the back art of steel. That is not to mention on all 4 of my steels small scuff/scratches on all 4 of them. Rest of the Package Flawless, but those steels I have never seen anything like this.

• Thanks
Reactions: Veronica Mars
@sunnyux Just in regards to this specific being with a problem steel that is correct. The amount of damaged steels are extremely high and not comparable to a regular release.

It seems the main problem was that the steelbooks were shrink wrapped without being totally dry. When I Opened both of my copies I could see the plastic wrap imprint back side at many places and many small scratches along the border front steel. I was sent 2 steel replacement and they were put on the back of a mouse pad each within a loose bag but the plastic bag within the shipping box of course touched the steels and when I removed them from the bag I could see the imprints of the shape of the bag where it was touching and also the pattern of the mouse pad imprinted on the back art of steel. That is not to mention on all 4 of my steels small scuff/scratches on all 4 of them. Rest of the Package Flawless, but those steels I have never seen anything like this.

I'm not here to debate if IT Follows has a problem with its steel or not. That is an issue that Kimchi the retailer should be doing something about on their QC and taking this direct with Scanavo who manufacture the steelbooks.

I'm not here to debate if IT Follows has a problem with its steel or not. That is an issue that Kimchi the retailer should be doing something about on their QC and taking this direct with Scanavo who manufacture the steelbooks.

Absolutely Agree :thumbs: and my post was not intended in anyway to embark in the discussion :censored: I was simply pointing out the issue of the steel.

Reactions: sunnyx
I was promised replacements for my damaged steel and Lenti A slip but never received them even after placing later orders... Thanks Tony :cautious: Luckily my Lenti B set is near mint and it's my favourite edition :D

I was promised replacements for my damaged steel and Lenti A slip but never received them even after placing later orders... Thanks Tony :cautious: Luckily my Lenti B set is near mint and it's my favourite edition :D
Experienced the same thing with my damaged Captain America: Winter Soldier steel and slip. That's the only time I've received anything damaged from Kimchi, but the customer support was pretty disappointing when I did need it. I was pretty lucky with my It Follows one-click. I had one completely flawless steel and two very nearly mint, but I feel for those who did need replacements.

It's a real shame there were so many issues with this release; it ended up being my favorite steel of 2016. Still, sometimes I wonder how the full slip would've turned out had they gone with the original artwork...:photo:
ItFolows_Kimchi_03FullSlip.jpg

Experienced the same thing with my damaged Captain America: Winter Soldier steel and slip. That's the only time I've received anything damaged from Kimchi, but the customer support was pretty disappointing when I did need it. I was pretty lucky with my It Follows one-click. I had one completely flawless steel and two very nearly mint, but I feel for those who did need replacements.

It's a real shame there were so many issues with this release; it ended up being my favorite steel of 2016. Still, sometimes I wonder how the full slip would've turned out had they gone with the original artwork...:photo:
View attachment 289941

So you opened all three movies in your one click?

I think one's enough for me to open!
I'd planned on letting go of at least one of the lentis but never could decide which one I wanted to part with. Kimchi started putting that protective film over their lentis (starting with this release, I think) which really kills the lenti effect if you leave it sealed. Looking them over earlier today, I think lenti B is my favorite; the colors just pop so spectacularly. Lenti A has the most iconic art, but it's probably a bit too dark to truly shine as a depth lenti.