USA
Release: December 1st, 2014
Purchase: Jumanji (Sold Out!)
Price: £14.99
Notes: Gloss, Embossed
Group Buy: Click HERE

JUMANJI SBR24029SBUV_3D EARLY TRADE - THE HUT STEELBOOK EXCLUSIVE.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
matte if they want to make it look really old and dusty, glossy if they go for a nice lacquered wood feeling.

Like the two previous "negative" ninjas i hope for a great effort from zavvi's designers, the art is great enough to make a stunning release, so the embossing has to be really detailed.
Pretty clean back, only wood, maybe the dices or the four pawns or a simple quote in the jumanji font (but no full size pictures please!)
I still hope they'll fill that empty space on the front.

Good luck zavvi ;)

matte if they want to make it look really old and dusty, glossy if they go for a nice lacquered wood feeling.

Like the two previous "negative" ninjas i hope for a great effort from zavvi's designers, the art is great enough to make a stunning release, so the embossing has to be really detailed.
Pretty clean back, only wood, maybe the dices or the four pawns or a simple quote in the jumanji font (but no full size pictures please!)
I still hope they'll fill that empty space on the front.

Good luck zavvi ;)

Zavvi designers?

• Helpful Post
Reactions: axldelarge
I don't usually care about inside art that much but this I really like, it's one you could show off to peeps as an example of why you collect SteelBooks.

I agree Ronnie; just hope the finish is top notch and that they include all the Amaray extras - especially as the game board forms the inside art.

p.s. Never heard a word more about the ES steel that shall remain nameless, despite my best efforts.

p.p.s. Surely for the sake of continuity the back art should be a continuation of the Jumanji box art - i.e. the bottom of the box; and strictly speaking Robin Williams name should be removed from the front to make it ultra clean and to the point.
As for final finish, high quality matt with a lo-gloss lacquer would be perfect, and in keeping with the original concept, I think.

Last edited:
I have a real strong feeling that the only embossing/debossing that this will have is the title and the space around it hence why its empty

Really like the unique design of the cover and how the game is the inside art, but I do hope the back might have some cast art. I already have it pre-ordered either way, but I like some representation of the casts of films when I get artwork.

So is this art officially confirmed then? Because it still says Artwork TBC. This is amazing though. One of my favorite movies as a kid and I love how the steel emulates the outside of the game.

I was always bummed as a kid that the game they sold in stores never looked like the movie version.

That date is confusing, Saturday is the 1st. The 4th would be Tuesday.
The "live" date refers to last month - the pre-order stage has already been and gone I'm afraid... although cancellations may come back in stock closer to release, so keep an eye on this thread for a heads up!

P.S. I've now replaced the live date in the OP with "sold out". :thumbs:

Reactions: IRON MAN