Release: December 1st, 2014
Purchase: Jumanji (Sold Out!)
Price: £14.99
Notes: Gloss, Embossed
Group Buy: Click HERE

JUMANJI SBR24029SBUV_3D EARLY TRADE - THE HUT STEELBOOK EXCLUSIVE.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
enough love here so let's start with a bit of hate :D

1. I still don't love the blank wood under the title, they put great effort everywhere so they could have done that focal point much more cool with a basic 30–minutes–work photomontage (like in my old mockup for example) :)

2. It's a pity they didn't center properly the board game art on the disc holder; maybe it's just to let us read JUMANJI (and that's a bit redundant), but that makes the inside artwork misaligned from left to right.

3. The back, well, it's good, i thought about some animal scratches (just printed :D)/big bullets holes/climber plants/lion nails/a spear tip coming out from the broken wood to make it less dull, but it's ok just like that too, without meaningless movie cast pictures.

That said, the overall finish is gorgeous, the gloss looks great, the wooden effect is perfectly made, the inside is clever, the colours seem warm & vibrant and the disc is luckily Italian (and many many other languages) friendly too, so that's a great contender for the second/third place on the Steelbook of the Year podium :D

Last edited:
Mine arrived today, thankfully undamaged.

It's very nice indeed, but didn't fully live up to expectations - I had hoped the four corner portraits would be embossed, and that the back would somehow match the front - (mine's still wrapped but clearly it doesn't).

That said, I'm no way sending it back :) :thumbs:

Just got mine. Love it love it love it. Although the high gloss on artwork depicting an ancient wooden board game is a bit odd, but I can let that go.

The 'bossing without a border is making mine 'pop' in the middle. Anyone elses?
I have made an appointment with Specsavers for you tomorrow :giggle::LOL::rofl:
The Border is there and all the embossing is within the 4 sides of borders
Borders can be rectangular and also involve oval shapes squares/circles
Look again I think you might just see it :giggle:
image-jpg.119708

I have made an appointment with Specsavers for you tomorrow :giggle::LOL::rofl:
The Border is there and all the embossing is within the 4 sides of borders
Borders can be rectangular and also involve oval shapes squares/circles
Look again I think you might just see it :giggle:
image-jpg.119708
Haha, y'know what, that didn't occur to me! I'm so used to the standard border that I didn't even notice the big border on this one.

Derp.

Reactions: paulboland
I've noticed there is a "pop" issue as well, i don't think it should be anything important, right?

The popping seems to be from heavy embossing, for example wolf of wallstreet. Nothing really to worry about..just is what it is :p

Oh, and my dispatched! Glad I didn't miss this

Reactions: MrNano
I think the best Zavvi releases of this year in my opion are

Tangled
Jumanji
Robin Hood
Maleficent
Pocahontas
:cigar:

( i think also Sleeping Beauty will be amazing) :naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: chunk and steel888