Release date: March 26, 2018
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £22.99
Group buy: Hosted by Cooey HERE

02-66223.jpg

03-66223.jpg
01-66223.jpg

Last edited:
Next stop Yawnsville. What a dull and unimaginative design.

I used to be more forgiving to terrible designs, I have many of them on my shelf, but we're paying around a tenner more for Steelbooks these days, so it's just unacceptable.

You want to charge a premium price, fine, give me a premium product to buy.

Cancelled.

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
The back is grand but the front is terrible. I'll pick it up to complete the set of DC movies but thankfully the 4K slipcover has much better artwork.

I’m usually a big fan of the logo steels. Man of Steel, the Italian version of WW, both Best Buy Avengers steels. But this isn’t doing it for me for some reason. Maybe because @Noodles keeps mocking up better designs.

Reactions: Noodles
what pig ugly art, with all hmv over last year i have to cancel due to sh1t art.
so this one left along as wasnt that bothered unless i was going to be suprised but no the curse of hmv sh1t steels carrys on.

money saved. they must be losing a bucket on steels and scratching there heads and wondering why.
shame they havent got the balls to turn some down.

basil :thumbs:

what pig ugly art, with all hmv over last year i have to cancel due to sh1t art.
so this one left along as wasnt that bothered unless i was going to be suprised but no the curse of hmv sh1t steels carrys on.

money saved. they must be losing a bucket on steels and scratching there heads and wondering why.
shame they havent got the balls to turn some down.

Nothing to do with HMV picking the art. And all DC steels sell out so unfortunately no head scratching going on at all

Nothing to do with HMV picking the art. And all DC steels sell out so unfortunately no head scratching going on at all

sorry never said they picked the art, the studios do i get that.(which is repeated everytime i say its rubbish)
and the usual suspects always come along with there smart answer "its not the retailers" god its getting very old now, we all know this!

what i'm saying whether hmv zavvi or amazon etc they should have the balls to say no this is no good.
maybe if some seller bothered to say 'no not us' rather than churning this garbage out constantly.

maybe just maybe they might look at changing the poor quality work that is supposed to be a premium over an amaray.
just at the moment it would seem people buy because is dc or marvel, doesn't mean its any good for steelbook collecting.

i personally vote with my feet and have the choice to say no and will not buy that film at all.
and as to the head scratching was refering to pages of unsold steels from last year into this to be specfic unless you saying otherwise?

please feel free to look they are also alot cheaper now wonder how much money people are throwing down the drain?
kong island was £22.99 now £14.99
lego batman was £22.99 now £14.99
xXx - The Return of Xander Cage was £22.99 now £9.99
to show a quick few.

anyway said my bit you carrying on buying it but i don't see improvements, i had to cancel around 4-5 last year alone hmv standards have gone down imho. unless your saying all is dandy and you bought most?

all the best

sorry never said they picked the art, the studios do i get that.(which is repeated everytime i say its rubbish)
and the usual suspects always come along with there smart answer "its not the retailers" god its getting very old now, we all know this!

what i'm saying whether hmv zavvi or amazon etc they should have the balls to say no this is no good.
maybe if some seller bothered to say 'no not us' rather than churning this garbage out constantly.

maybe just maybe they might look at changing the poor quality work that is supposed to be a premium over an amaray.
just at the moment it would seem people buy because is dc or marvel, doesn't mean its any good for steelbook collecting.

i personally vote with my feet and have the choice to say no and will not buy that film at all.
and as to the head scratching was refering to pages of unsold steels from last year into this to be specfic unless you saying otherwise?

please feel free to look they are also alot cheaper now wonder how much money people are throwing down the drain?
to show a quick few.

anyway said my bit you carrying on buying it but i don't see improvements, i had to cancel around 4-5 last year alone hmv standards have gone down imho. unless your saying all is dandy and you bought most?

all the best

Do you really think retailers (be it Zavvi or HMV) care what the product looks like? Do you really think these retailers are collectors themselves so again care what the product looks like? All your Zavvi's and HMV's know is that there is a collectors market for steelbooks so bid to have the exclusive rights to sell said Steelbook, they don't care what it looks like all they care about is that it sells.

If you want to make your voice heard by not buying it then do that but realistically the only thing that that's going to achieve (assuming others do likewise) is these companies stop selling steelbooks full stop. It's certainly not going to have effect you hope it will and that they suddenly start caring about what the product looks like.

Anyway that's why companies like Manta Lab exist, they're the ones who care about what their product looks like.

to show a quick few.

all the best

I’m not being a smart arse, I get annoyed these crappy looking dc steels sell out. Just provokes then to make more bland steels

Just stating a fact

I’m not being a smart arse, I get annoyed these crappy looking dc steels sell out. Just provokes then to make more bland steels

Just stating a fact

sorry flloydo not calling you a smart arse just its always the same answer once a fact is stated and its always the same answer coming back "its not the retailers its the studio" and i have been here 4 years now. its not a go at you personally just fed up with people trying to feed my the same answer.
its like people saying you don't what you on about and this is the reason why.
i get it i know it.
i wish people wouldn't to presume i dont know that answer i do!
i'm not stupid, and this isn't a go at you but there is the quite few members that repeat that answer again and again.
please don't repeat it again to me thats all i'm asking, if i was a newbie i could understand it but i'm not.
all i was trying to get at it is/has been a very sorry state of affairs with hmv last year alone.
ask @ChrisIW i'm sure he has been cancelling loads of hmvs as well this year as well due to poor art if memory serves correct and im sure there is aload more doing the same.

all the best

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I think that some people are in the same boat like myself.I moved house 2 yrs ago, and all spare income is going into renovating it. Most of my disposable income is now going on that rather than "the big" steels. I'm actually getting sick and tired of the cost now, in some cases, more than double,for a slip cover. I like collecting steelbooks,and feel, that getting the bog standard edition will do me just fine. Would I like more Hdzetas and Blufans, of course, but would i like to pay all that money for a slip to cover it up...... not now,no. I realise how stupid I've been spending hundreds to get that nice box to cover it up in.
So, I think retailers like HMV and Zavvi are selling out probably because people just don't have the disposable income anymore to pay over £50 for such an item. They get a steelbook, it may not be the best, but it is to them, and what they can afford. We're the fools here... the more we spend on these so called premium edtions, the more the cost will increase.. My Iron Man 1 & 2 from Play.com....... £9.99.... and it's still one of my favourites and it's not covered up in an expensive cardboard box.
I'm still happy that I can pick one up from Zavvi and HMV and also glad that they are still selling out as there is a market out there for people who cannot afford the others.

all i was trying to get at it is/has been a very sorry state of affairs with hmv last year alone.
ask @ChrisIW i'm sure he has been cancelling loads of hmvs as well this year as well due to poor art if memory serves correct and im sure there is aload more doing the same.

Yes that was me Basil, it's been a very disappointing 12 months for HMV releases and I have cancelled every HMV pre-order with the exception of IT due to the very poor art choices (regardless of who is to blame for these choices). It gets a bit tiresome (and expensive) having to import premium steelbooks from abroad so often nowadays just to ensure a better standard of art (often I don't even want all the extras I'm paying for). The standard in the UK just keeps getting worse unfortunately :(.

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil