Release date: March 26, 2018
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £22.99
Group buy: Hosted by Cooey HERE

02-66223.jpg

03-66223.jpg
01-66223.jpg

Last edited:
As a Logo/Symbol Art steelbook art not saying this couldn't be as satisfactory as some of the other Logo/Symbol Art steelbooks where logos/symbols have been used as front artwork . . . no denying this big-ass "JC" on the front couldn't look great if glossy and embossed either with or without a frame like these few examples of other Logo/Symbol Art steelbooks:-
image.php
xjcoHz2.jpg
z1ZN4dT.jpg
Avengers-Double-Pack-steelbook-1.jpg
Deadpool-Steelbook.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Is it me, but is the HMV version of the Steelbook 3D only now? There's no literature that shows it includes Blu ray 2D as well.
When I looked at the description on the HMV website, it says 2 discs, but it refers to one disc as being Blu ray Special features.
Am I reading it wrong? Please advise!!

Is it me, but is the HMV version of the Steelbook 3D only now? There's no literature that shows it includes Blu ray 2D as well.
When I looked at the description on the HMV website, it says 2 discs, but it refers to one disc as being Blu ray Special features.

It'll be both 3D and 2D

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: jammmy and Noodles
Hi Phill, welcome to HDN! :)

I realise @cooey has already answered your question, but just for further proof... you'll notice the spine has both the standard 2D Blu-ray logo (bottom) and also the 3D Blu-ray logo (top).

02-66223.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: jammmy
Hi Phill, welcome to HDN! :)

I realise @cooey has already answered your question, but just for further proof... you'll notice the spine has both the standard 2D Blu-ray logo (bottom) and also the 3D Blu-ray logo (top).

View attachment 359641

That's what I thought previously. On one occasion I bought a Transformers film, believing it contained both 3D + 2D. Look at the spine of the example below. I don't think the blu ray logo means 2D, I think it just means the format of the disc is blu ray.

Transformers: Age of Extinction (3D only Blu-ray SteelBook
Does not include 2D disc

Release date: November 17, 2014
Pre-order link
Pre-orders will go live Friday 5th September.
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus or Masterblaster orHubmuswell
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies, Region Free
Audio/Subs:
Artwork and finish details:
• Matt finish with spot gloss on Optimus Prime / Grimlock and title treatment
• Embossed title treatment

01-jpg.98839

HMV originally had the Justice League Steelbook described as containing 3D + 2D discs, but they've changed it since. That's unusual, because all Steelbooks that contain both versions always stipulate it somewhere on the disc.
Anyway, I hope you guys are right. Thanks for the advice.

That's what I thought previously. On one occasion I bought a Transformers film, believing it contained both 3D + 2D. Look at the spine of the example below. I don't think the blu ray logo means 2D, I think it just means the format of the disc is blu ray.

Does not include 2D disc

Pre-order link
Audio/Subs:

01-jpg.98839

HMV originally had the Justice League Steelbook described as containing 3D + 2D discs, but they've changed it since. That's unusual, because all Steelbooks that contain both versions always stipulate it somewhere on the disc.
Justice League is 2 Discs
3D Blu-ray and 2D Blu-ray

Product Description HMV Website
Special Features (Blu-ray only) This means the extras are on the 2D Blu-ray Disc

Superman’s Return, Road To Justice, Heart of Justice, Technology of the Justice League, Justice League: The New Heroes, Steppenwolf the Conqueror, Scene Studies: Revisiting the Amazons, Scene Studies: Wonder Woman’s Rescue, Scene Studies: Heroes Park, Scene Studies: The Tunnel Battle, Suit Up: The Look of the League

Last edited:

Does not include 2D disc

Pre-order link
Audio/Subs:

01-jpg.98839

Good point! And the sudden title change is definitely a bit concerning.

Just to be 100% sure, I'll double check with HMV and get back to you once I have confirmation. :thumbs:

I'm scratching my head over the "exclusive" claims some release agencies are advertising. They are all of the same cover!!! :rofl:
It is exclusive to HMV in the UK

Film distributors release their steelbooks in various countries
In some countries it will be exclusive with a retailer or trade wide

HMV/Zavvi/Amazon dont design or make steelbooks they get offered a release as trade wide or as an exclusive

With this steelbook exclusive is correct as it's only available from HMV in the UK

• Thanks
Reactions: Grendel
Where are the 4ks like shape of water!!!!
Shape of Water steelbook is available in various countries the exact same steelbook

It's still same steelbook regeardles if it's 2D or 4K discs inside
Scanavo just make the steelbook
The film distributor decides in each country what discs go inside and if its 1 disc hub or 2 disc hub

4K steelbook of shape of water also available in Czech Republic with Film Arena and other retailers
http://www.filmarena-eng.com/blu-ra...mited-collectors-edition-gift-steelbooks-foil

If you want Justice League 4K steelbook that also available in various countries
Amazon France as an example
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B077JWC3TR/?tag=hidefnin0a-21

Last edited:
Reactions: movieguy037