Justice League (4K and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 15) [Hong Kong]

rj531

Rock Ninja/Steelbook Contributor
Premium Supporter
Dec 30, 2011
Up North Canada
Release date: May 31, 2018
Purchase links: Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip - One Click (Pre-order April 20 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8) - Check your local timing HERE
Price:
$52.99 (Individual Editions) - $167.97 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Notes:
Print Run is 2500 units for both Domestic and International (800 Full Slip + 800 Lenti + 900 Double Lenti + 400 One Click) - Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition and 1 for One Click
Due to large number of orders, shipping out can take up to 1 week from the release date.

one_click_packshot_v2.jpgDLS_packshot_c8da8077-ee8d-475e-a72c-a41003d4c8da_2048x2048.jpgLS_packshot_c41f9668-f572-4dcf-b928-11d1391c39c2.jpgFS_packshot_f01dea41-201f-4f94-8237-297241d81400_2048x2048.jpg
30704762_1723052341138200_7857445623275360446_n.jpg
- Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker
5. Effects
- Full Slip: High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Scratch Resistance Coating + Embossing + Spot Foil
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + High Quality Full Slip + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Embossing
- Double Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + High Quality Full Slip + Spot Matte +Spot Glossy + Embossing
- One Click Box: High Quality Box + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Spot Foil + Metal Emblem
DV-fCJHXkAAPNSy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally the price of the GB doesn't include shipping, so a separate shipping invoice is sent which needs to be paid before the item is shipped

EDIT: Ah forgot this GB had a deposit first, ok ignore me then :p

Even though I’ve only participated in only a few GB’s so far on HDN this one will always stand out to me as the one that took place on April 1st :D fun times I wonder if that will ever happen again :wacky: it’s all good though and just glad we were able to put down a deposit to secure a copy on the day.

• Thanks
Reactions: Orange Splice
Even though I despite with this release, I must say those lentis does look really good on pics already, sharp and vivid.

But I must ask what about the gloss on steelbook? It looks like any other gloss and not the proper ultra mirror gloss we were used to with Manta. This steel comes from EU Denmark plant already right?

Double Lenti unexpectedly turned up today.
The 2 lentis are pretty good . Score 8/10

The steelbook is nice and glossy with nice debossing but the front image has disappointing low resolution.
View attachment 378714 View attachment 378715 View attachment 378716 View attachment 378717 View attachment 378718

Lovely pics, even lovelier steelbook package.

My one gripe with this comes back to the image used on the front of the lenti where all heroes are facing forward and Cyborg randomly going off to the right. It makes no sense how a collective group of people and such an image placement like that [posing, walking, ready for battle... whatever] would ever be in that position where one of the group is doing his own thing. It's a small gripe but one that stands out nonetheless.

That doesn't take anything away from the overall package and finish though.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Even though I despite with this release, I must say those lentis does look really good on pics already, sharp and vivid.

But I must ask what about the gloss on steelbook? It looks like any other gloss and not the proper ultra mirror gloss we were used to with Manta. This steel comes from EU Denmark plant already right?
John confirmed this one was produced in Denmark:

For the production, we did make JL with Danish production this time and I think the result was not bad. It has more metallic feel to the product and it works quite well with the design of our steelbook.”

He also said this:

“We do plan to go back and forth with different factories because they've assured us that the steelbook quality will improve even when they are not made in Denmark.”

So it seems they’ll use whichever factory seems to best fit the artwork (provided Scanavo’s Chinese facility is able to improve its quality control). I love the mirror finish on Manta’s previous releases, so having that added option is good news imo. Hopefully Scanavo China will resolve their QC issues going forward. :thumbs:

How does a factory not fit any given artwork???? Isn't it all about QC?
The finish—especially gloss—varies from factory to factory. I think the difference is most pronounced between the Denmark and Chinese facilities.

Glossy steels out of Denmark tend to have a tougher, grainier finish that’s texture can easily be seen when held up to the light.

Glossy steels out of China tend to have a more delicate, mirrored finish. Colors pop a bit better with the mirror gloss, but at the expense of durability/proneness to scratching.

I enjoy both finishes equally, but would certainly welcome better QC from the Chinese steels. The only real knock against the Denmark factory (imo) is that they tend to have more issues with debossing alignment (embossing does not seem to be affected for whatever reason).

Lovely pics, even lovelier steelbook package.

My one gripe with this comes back to the image used on the front of the lenti where all heroes are facing forward and Cyborg randomly going off to the right. It makes no sense how a collective group of people and such an image placement like that [posing, walking, ready for battle... whatever] would ever be in that position where one of the group is doing his own thing. It's a small gripe but one that stands out nonetheless.

That doesn't take anything away from the overall package and finish though.
That was actually the reason I decided to go for the SL rather than the DL... it almost looks like Bats is giving Cyborg a piggyback. :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
That was actually the reason I decided to go for the SL rather than the DL... it almost looks like Bats is giving Cyborg a piggyback. :LOL:
It just makes no sense to me at all. The other images displayed have the group collective lined up or bunched together and all doing the same thing, whereas that image is just so random lol.
It's a shame they used that one out of everything they could have picked, but there we go. I've gone for the One Click myself and thank god I did because that Full Slip is a beauty!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
It just makes no sense to me at all. The other images displayed have the group collective lined up or bunched together and all doing the same thing, whereas that image is just so random lol.
It's a shame they used that one out of everything they could have picked, but there we go. I've gone for the One Click myself and thank god I did because that Full Slip is a beauty!
It doesn't make much sense to me either, and I actually laugh every time I see the image now lol. It's still a nice edition apart from that though IMO. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
I have the tracking numbers, which I will be posting tonight (later when I get back from dinner).

Only One CLICK GB members have to pay a little extra as was communicated earlier (difference ranging from $3-$5ish depending on destination) as I had calculated incorrectly. Will send that information out as well.

I have the tracking numbers, which I will be posting tonight (later when I get back from dinner).

Only One CLICK GB members have to pay a little extra as was communicated earlier (difference ranging from $3-$5ish depending on destination) as I had calculated incorrectly. Will send that information out as well.

Cool! Can’t wait. Will they be posted in this thread or through PM? Thanks @Aniv

I didn't see anything last night, you're posting these tonight I assume? Are the DL's included? Thanks