Release date: February 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi.nl
Price: £14.99 or €19,19
Notes: Limited to 2,500 copies.

11047996-1417112395-997803.jpg

11047996-1417112395-997884.jpg

11047996-1417112395-997813.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's with the volume on some of these youtube vids - you can barely hear what they're saying. Anyway, great looking steel for Kong. Glossy, no ugly borders/frames (they should do away with those IMO). My copy is en route but I'm also planning on grabbing the HDZeta release if I can snag one via gb. Will likely sell the zavvi if I manage to grab a copy - don't want 2 copies since they both feature the same art. Definitely prefer a slipcase for this.

I just opened mine and it also has small paint chips on the back under the Jcard
The Front was OK

Sharpie Marker should take care of the paint chips but yes its annoying
Its dents that I cant stand and luckily I don't have any dents

I also have the German Steelbook on order as I got it at a decent price and will wait and see how that one looks

Received mine with 4 dents right near the top of the j-card, sent pictures to them and they have replied already offering me a partial refund of 15%. I did ask for a replacement when i originally sent picks. Have now replied back, declined the 15% and asked for a replacement again, if not possible a full refund and return the damaged goods.

Whoever said it earlier was right, a black permanent marker pen works great for filling in the paint chips, you only notice it in bright lights now.

A class steelbook. Mine arrived intact. The Chinese one is going to be have to be amazing to beat this beauty........ And I actually enjoy this King Kong as much as the original. Loved it the first day I saw it in the cinema.

Big paint chip on the back of mine. Zavvi customer care offers a 10% discount jokers. They can stick that. Personally i buy steel-books for the steelbook cover and want them in mint condition. If i wanted just the film, i would go i ebay and buy the standard edition bluray for 2-3 quid.

Just got mine. Looks great!
Though im a bit disappointed that it couldnt have included an extra disc with all the extended deluxe edition extras.

Just got mine. Looks great!
Though im a bit disappointed that it couldnt have included an extra disc with all the extended deluxe edition extras.
That's only available with the Deluxe DVD releases
There has been no Blu ray releases that include all of the extras from the DVD Deluxe releases anywhere in the world as of yet

The content on all Blu ray releases worldwide is this only
Theatrical Version (187:05) and Extended Edition (200:07)

Extras
Audio Commentary by Co-Writer/Producer/Director Peter Jackson and Co-Writer/Producer Philippa Boyens (Extended Cut Only)
U-Control Interactive Feature
Interactive experience for profile 1.1 players or greater that features a Picture-In-Picture video commentary which plays many (but not all) of the Production Diary excerpts that were previously released. These videos play while you watch the film.
Picture in Picture
The Art Galleries
My Scenes

Reactions: schrute farms