IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: August 16, 2017
Purchase links: Double Lenti - Full Slip - Special Box - One Click
Price: $45.99 (Double Lenti) - $43.99 (Full Slip) - $46.99 (Special Box) - $132.97 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Full Slip - Special Box
Notes: 3000 numbered copies. SteelBook has full gloss and the title is debossed. Disc is locked to Region A.
Full Slip (400 copies): High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
Double Lenticular Full Slip (700 copies): Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + Spot Glossy +Spot Matte + Embossing
Special Box Set (700 copies): High Quality Kraft Paper Box with Magnet insert + Detachable 3D Lenticular Magnet + Spot Gloss + Spot Matte + Embossing + Full Gloss, Emboossed Quarter Slip
One Click (400 sets)

doublelenti.jpg fullslip.jpg specialbox.jpg
IMG_1889.JPG

Last edited:
Well even if fox informed manta their wouldn't be anything they could do about it. Besides maybe canceling the edition altogether. I know china has very strict rules about films and such their. So when I get anything from thier I always just think of it as region locked and if it's not it's a bonus.

Now for the currency I'd say it's because the world currency is the US dollar. It's mostly accepted every where. I know hdzeta site shows thier own currency and film arena also uses theirs as well. So another thing is maybe your just seeing automatic conversions.

The only Chinese premiums I have that are region locked and I can't play are revenant and now this. Both from manta so I really hope in the future this don't happen again. All my other Chinese premiums are fine (rest of my manta, blufans & Zeta collection)

Yeah very strict and discs in their region are higher priced than most places anyway. Costs them a lot more

Hong Kong and Korea are both region A.
Out of curiosity, why do these Asian companies deal in USD as opposed to GBP, EURO or better still..their own currency?

Filmarena deal with their own currency? It's like the discs some of these companies use, region A locked, doesn't that effect their home Country customer base the most if they get lumbered with a Region A disc on a Korean/Chinese release?
I think the companies that use their native currency tend to produce most things domestically (HDzeta, FA, etc.), whereas the Korean retailers (and Manta in HK) are probably importing most of their products from mainland China before bundling them up locally. It can be expensive to swap currencies, so they might just be keeping everything in USD to avoid additional fees. And as @lgans316 said, the USD tends to be favored for international transactions due to stability, commonality, etc. Pricing is probably more predictable this way as well, as they don't have to worry as much about currency fluctuations between design, production, and release dates.

As for the region coding, Hong Kong and Korea are both region A (same as the US), so they are releasing locally friendly discs. I think some early Blufans editions may have been region locked to C (China, India, etc.), but I could be wrong. Pretty sure all recent Blufans and 'zeta releases have been region free (though I'm sure someone will quickly provide some examples to prove me wrong). :LOL:

Reactions: lgans316
I have just requested a cancellation along with Alien Covenant, I ordered when they restocked along with AC, lucky escape I guess with these being Region locked :wtf:

I have just requested a cancellation along with Alien Covenant, I ordered when they restocked along with AC, lucky escape I guess with these being Region locked :wtf:

AC was confirmed to be region free, they said they will let us know if it changes at all.

AC was confirmed to be region free, they said they will let us know if it changes at all.
To be honest I wasn't really bothered about AC I only actually ordered to keep the shipping costs lower (better value) so now Logan has been confirmed as Region locked I have no need for either releases hence the cancellation :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: reisspsy
Reactions: K.i.T and Rady
Reactions: Rady
Hey everyone, I'm new here.. though I'd share some photos I took of the Full Slip package I received from Manta (plant not included). Enjoy!

View attachment 331739 View attachment 331740 View attachment 331742 View attachment 331743 View attachment 331744 View attachment 331745 View attachment 331746 View attachment 331747 View attachment 331748
plant not included? damn, that was the reason I pre-ordered this release :D
fun aside, great prics and welcome to the forum

Larger pic:

21373109_270508663447869_2866608168606105600_n.jpg

I thought the lenti magnet would better fit the special box... so far, the full slip looks to be the winner of this release. Thanks for the nice pictures @Rady and welcome to HDN.

Exactly, thought the box will be a same size as magnet, it looks really weird like this :confused: . Fullslip looks best of the three.

That's a real disappointment regarding region locking of Logan. If it's gonna be the same with AC I won't be shopping with Mantra again. Nothing on their website says anything about region A for these two releases. They would want to be clearer in the future before putting up their pre-orders. I'm not forking out this type of money only to have to swap out the discs.

I still think the box is the winner purely on art chosen for the lenti and the clearness and depth from that video the other week.
Yeah would be better if it was a little wider to fit the whole front box but I still think it looks great (so far)

From what I've seen so far

1st place - double lenti
2nd place - full slip

Obviously can't rate the box set based off of one image on Instagram but I still have faith it'll be the best of the lot based on the extra goodies if nothing else