IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: August 16, 2017
Purchase links: Double Lenti - Full Slip - Special Box - One Click
Price: $45.99 (Double Lenti) - $43.99 (Full Slip) - $46.99 (Special Box) - $132.97 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Full Slip - Special Box
Notes: 3000 numbered copies. SteelBook has full gloss and the title is debossed. Disc is locked to Region A.
Full Slip (400 copies): High Quality Full Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
Double Lenticular Full Slip (700 copies): Super Clear 3D Lenticular x 2 + Spot Glossy +Spot Matte + Embossing
Special Box Set (700 copies): High Quality Kraft Paper Box with Magnet insert + Detachable 3D Lenticular Magnet + Spot Gloss + Spot Matte + Embossing + Full Gloss, Emboossed Quarter Slip
One Click (400 sets)

doublelenti.jpg fullslip.jpg specialbox.jpg
IMG_1889.JPG

Last edited:
Just to get another collector's perspective, this is more than just a slight misalignment of debossing, yes? Meaning more than 1mm of misalignment. FYI, This is a straight on shot and I think it's enough to request a replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
Just to get another collector's perspective, this is more than just a slight misalignment of debossing, yes? Meaning more than 1mm of misalignment. FYI, This is a straight on shot and I think it's enough to request a replacement.

I'd say so yes.

My fox catcher has Simular miss alignment issues and I've requested a replacement from PA

I think it's worthy of asking for a replacement. It's more than a slight misalignment IMO.

That's a real disappointment regarding region locking of Logan. If it's gonna be the same with AC I won't be shopping with Mantra again. Nothing on their website says anything about region A for these two releases. They would want to be clearer in the future before putting up their pre-orders. I'm not forking out this type of money only to have to swap out the discs.

Same thing with FAC. They don't have any info about region coding on this release on their site.

Anyone else feel like Scanavo's quality control has gotten really poor in regards to embossing/debossing alignment lately? I know scratches and scuffs can happen anywhere in the production/packaging/shipping phases, but these alignment issues rest solely on Scanavo's shoulders.

At least half of my Nova Kill Bill 1 & 2 steels (including some of the replacements) had serious misalignments. Blufans Star Wars TFA seems to have its fair share of issues, and now (perhaps) Foxcatcher and Logan as well.

For a company that touts itself as the purveyor of "the world’s most prestigious and highly-sought after collectible packaging for home entertainment," they should be ashamed of themselves for letting these duds out of the factory.

I'd say so yes.

My fox catcher has Simular miss alignment issues and I've requested a replacement from PA

I think it's worthy of asking for a replacement. It's more than a slight misalignment IMO.

Damn and I thought I was fussy, can honestly say it wouldn't bother me in the slightest that :p

With all these QC issues, no wonder many prefer to keep theirs sealed. Even the slightest imperfection will significantly affect the resale value as these are expensive and many prefer them to be in mint condition

Yep it's bad enough the value on these things plummeting the second you break the seal but when you do break the seal and it ends up having a tiny nick here and there bye bye ever making your money back :(

Yep it's bad enough the value on these things plummeting the second you break the seal but when you do break the seal and it ends up having a tiny nick here and there bye bye ever making your money back :(

True. Some might mock me for talking about value but they need to perform a reality check on themselves on how much they are spending and more importantly the sacrifices/adjustments they make to carry on with this expensive hobby. Imperfections on premium Steels is not a good thing.

True. Some might mock me for talking about value but they need to perform a reality check on themselves on how much they are spending and more importantly the sacrifices/adjustments they make to carry on with this expensive hobby. Imperfections on premium Steels is not a good thing.

Personally I can't invest this heavily in a hobby without having one eye on resale value as well, fair play to those who can though

same for me received 5 mn ago
really like the concept of the box .velvet inside is classy
lenti magnet outside the box i like it a lot
if they want to make it a standard maybe instead of two booklets one with photos and one with production notes they should do a premium booklet like hdzeta ? same for photos ? bigger format and quality instead of adding another little photos ?
totaly in for more boxes like this