HMV.co.jp - Sold Out

Price: ¥ 4,926
Notes: Limited to 4000 copies

61hYYuMAUzL._AA1000_.jpg

71c7RVYE7SL._AA1000_.jpg

Format: Color
Language: English
Subtitles: Japanese
Region Code: Region Free (Worldwide Common)
Number of Discs: 2
Publisher: Pony Canyon
DVD Release Date: 2014/09/02
Time: 121 minutes

Attachments

• 61hYYuMAUzL._AA1000_.jpg
    61hYYuMAUzL._AA1000_.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 300
  • 71c7RVYE7SL._AA1000_.jpg
    71c7RVYE7SL._AA1000_.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:
I caved in and ordered. Haha. I can't resist such an awesome design for a movie I love.

The pre-paid import fees is a nice touch also. Will I be safe on ridiculous clearance fees from DHL now ? :)

I caved in and ordered. Haha. I can't resist such an awesome design for a movie I love.

The pre-paid import fees is a nice touch also. Will I be safe on ridiculous clearance fees from DHL now ? :)

Absolutely.

Also worth noting is that Amazon will refund the difference after 60 days if what they charged you was higher than the actual amount that they pay for customs.

I got the info when I asked a while back the customer service from amazon.com through online chat so I believe it's fair to assume that it will be the same case with Amazon Japan :thumbs:

Reactions: CaptainCoffee
Let us not forget the extras:

Pony Canyon have scheduled the following bonus content so far:

Standard edition:

This content will be on both editions.

Limited Edition SteelBook:

So the SteelBook will also contain more extras than the US version, and presumably exclusive ones.

And an interesting other tidbit off by itself in the listing:

I think this means that there is some new video encoding method debuting for live-action films from Pony Canyon with these retail (i.e. "cell") BDs.

Unless I'm missing something, those are the same extras planned for the US edition, except for the trailers/TV spots and the interview. Personally, I'm not interested in the Japanese trailer or TV commercials for this movie (edit: maybe "home version" means the US trailer). The Japanese interview might be a good addition though.

I think this has the best artwork on the steel, and I'm okay with the Japanese writing on the discs (especially since it's katakana, my favorite alphabet), but some people don't like it, and I understand.

Reactions: Troll2Fan
Unless I'm missing something, those are the same extras planned for the US edition, except for the trailers/TV spots and the interview. Personally, I'm not interested in the Japanese trailer or TV commercials for this movie (edit: maybe "home version" means the US trailer). The Japanese interview might be a good addition though.

"Home version" should indeed mean the original (U.S., in this case) trailer.

Don't forget the MGVC technology for the A/V presentation, and I fully expect the extras to be high bitrate 1080i/p also, possibly with lossless audio.