Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate, ordered two copies to be shure at least one of them is allright! :)

I don't think there is a perfect copy of this out there mate lol. I ordered one fron Spain and one fron Zavvi, Both have defects.

Spain version.
1. Has two scratches on the front. One going across just above the face and another going down to the right of the face.
2. Has a paint chip on the front.
3. Has paint chip one of the corners.
4. Paint seems very faint on the corners.
5. Faint scratches on the back.

Zavvi version.
I'm kinda scared to open this TBH lol, but so far I can see one defect...
1. Debossing is way off on the face.

I really don't see Zavvi's version being much better than the Spain version though :(

Reactions: monsterzebra
i'm very happy now that zavvi cancelled my 2 copies because of payment problems. now that i would have the chance to pre-order, i don't need it anymore. i have the spanish steelbook, no need for a 3d disc. ;)
60€ saved.

Good luck, I've had 3 copies of this from Zavvi and all were the same! o_O

I don't think there is a perfect copy of this out there mate lol. I ordered one fron Spain and one fron Zavvi, Both have defects.

Spain version.
1. Has two scratches on the front. One going across just above the face and another going down to the right of the face.
2. Has a paint chip on the front.
3. Has paint chip one of the corners.
4. Paint seems very faint on the corners.
5. Faint scratches on the back.

Zavvi version.
I'm kinda scared to open this TBH lol, but so far I can see one defect...
1. Debossing is way off on the face.

I really don't see Zavvi's version being much better than the Spain version though :(

I'm keeping my fingers crossed though ;), if they're damaged, they'll get their sh*t back. :thumbs:

After reading the last few pages, I'm glad I didn't make it into the pre-order limit. I preferred the white design a lot more, but still would've bought this now if people weren't complaining about all the defects on the steel itself .. After spending so much money, it becomes really disheartening to receive a steelbook full of defects .. So with a heavy heart, not ordering this :/

removed OOS from OP.

Well done Zavvi for changing your stock from Ebay to your own site, common sense prevails. Numpteys.
after the cock up regarding the artwork, its the least they can do really

i should have cancelled this and stuck with the spanish release

zavvi is sneaky, they keep the white pic up until pre-orders ship, and then change it after when they have leftover stock
aye, but tbh, its exactly what I expect from zavvi

I received this even though I forgot that I ordered it. Was going to be a pressie to my now ex girlfriend but now I guess I can at least return it. Found it not so amusing the design changed so dramatically though and I am not surprised so many people are cross with it.

"This steelbook is not as advertised and NOT what i purchased, different colour, different artwork!!!..If you do NOT want me to contact Trading Standards over your false advertising of this product i WANT a 50% refund of the £24.99 price you charged me!!!
How you as a company think you can get away with what you want to do anytime you want beggars belief!!!
I want a very prompt response to this message and if i am NOT happy with the response i WILL be contacting Trading Standards!!
How dare you not inform customers prior to charging and dispatching this steelbook about this fundamental design change!! Quite unbelievable and downright deceitful!!
I await your response!"

Just sent to Zavvi Customer Services!!..i'll keep everybody informed!!

"This steelbook is not as advertised and NOT what i purchased, different colour, different artwork!!!..If you do NOT want me to contact Trading Standards over your false advertising of this product i WANT a 50% refund of the £24.99 price you charged me!!!
How you as a company think you can get away with what you want to do anytime you want beggars belief!!!
I want a very prompt response to this message and if i am NOT happy with the response i WILL be contacting Trading Standards!!
How dare you not inform customers prior to charging and dispatching this steelbook about this fundamental design change!! Quite unbelievable and downright deceitful!!
I await your response!"

Just sent to Zavvi Customer Services!!..i'll keep everybody informed!!
Zavvi:

Hi TonyStark, thank you for contacting us here at Zavvi. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our service.

To help us decide the best course of action, we kindly request you send us a photograph of your frustration.

Yours Faithfully

Bobby Brown