Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"This steelbook is not as advertised and NOT what i purchased, different colour, different artwork!!!..If you do NOT want me to contact Trading Standards over your false advertising of this product i WANT a 50% refund of the £24.99 price you charged me!!!
How you as a company think you can get away with what you want to do anytime you want beggars belief!!!
I want a very prompt response to this message and if i am NOT happy with the response i WILL be contacting Trading Standards!!
How dare you not inform customers prior to charging and dispatching this steelbook about this fundamental design change!! Quite unbelievable and downright deceitful!!
I await your response!"

Just sent to Zavvi Customer Services!!..i'll keep everybody informed!!

Well i got a reply!!!!!!!!!

From a d***head called Ryan who copy and pasted the "please supply a photograph" bulls*** reply that is bog standard for Zavvi!!!!!
Supply a photograph!!!! I swear they are on acid at Zavvi!!!!
I am now going to be contacting Trading Standards as Zavvi Customer Services (what a joke that description is!!) just do not give a f***ing toss about their customers!! I am going to make damn sure that Trading Standards hit them hard on this false advertising bulls***!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

As for the poster claiming i'm just looking for a 50% refund....come back to me when you become an adult and understand what "false advertising" means!!!!:muted::muted:

"This steelbook is not as advertised and NOT what i purchased, different colour, different artwork!!!..If you do NOT want me to contact Trading Standards over your false advertising of this product i WANT a 50% refund of the £24.99 price you charged me!!!
How you as a company think you can get away with what you want to do anytime you want beggars belief!!!
I want a very prompt response to this message and if i am NOT happy with the response i WILL be contacting Trading Standards!!
How dare you not inform customers prior to charging and dispatching this steelbook about this fundamental design change!! Quite unbelievable and downright deceitful!!
I await your response!"

From a d***head called Ryan who copy and pasted the "please supply a photograph" bulls*** reply that is bog standard for Zavvi!!!!!
I am now going to be contacting Trading Standards as Zavvi Customer Services (what a joke that description is!!) just do not give a f***ing toss about their customers!! I am going to make damn sure that Trading Standards hit them hard on this false advertising bulls***!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

As for the poster claiming i'm just looking for a 50% refund....come back to me when you become an adult and understand what "false advertising" means!!!!:muted::muted:

So, why is Ryan a "d***head"? A bit harsh, IMO.

Reactions: StifflersDad
I await your response!"

Zavvi been taking this not bothered attitude towards its customers for so long and getting away with it. I'm glad someone is trying to take them to the cleaners [emoji106]

I await your response!"

Did you seriously send that?

I'm sure you'll disagree, but essentially what you've done is send a threat. You're basically trying to blackmail them to your, unreasonable, demand for 50% off the item you purchased.

Zavvi were covered by their 'artwork subject to change' moniker. The most you're legally entitled to is to return your item for a full refund. Only because of distance selling regulations, and not because the item you received was black rather than white. If you sent me that kind of email, I'd simply let you return it to fulfill my legal obligation to you, not because I felt threatened.

Do you really think Trading Standards will be interested? Even if everyone who was unhappy contacted them, they'd side with Zavvi because of the 'artwork subject to change' disclaimer.

Zavvi put the artwork on their site 'in good faith'.
You ordered it 'in good faith'.
They posted it. No one pointed out before dispatch that the image and product didn't match. Even if they had... 'artwork subject'... etc. etc.
You have the right to return it under distance selling regulations.

So. Return it. You don't want it. That's what you said. Why do you want a 50% refund on something you don't want? You want all your money back surely... Don't you?

just making a point on what tonystark64 has to say on complaining on the art work and colour really read the small print art work subject to change and as he is saying he is going to trading standards really artwork to be considered so it can be changed so it is not false advertising and in fact i think the black art work and embossing is sexy as you like :woot:

Also the main problems is zavvi staff was confiming this to be white and also no update to customers or on HDN or the zavvi website/twitter / Facebook until after the steelbook was sent out (actually it was the afternoon when we all started recieving it). I didn't know until I opened my post that morning that it was the same as the Spanish. I was personally looking forward to the White version we was apparently supposed to get and although the front is ok on this I hate the lack of back art. Mine also has scratches and a chip on the front and I have given zavvi my complaint. And I have every right to. Couldn't give a **** if it said artwork subject to change, the staff confirmed White. Then to top off that I sent a damaged steelbook back over a week ago for a replacement and got a refund yesterday, that has happened quite a few times to me too, completely useless. 95% of my steelbooks are damaged in some way from that place!

Did you seriously send that?

I'm sure you'll disagree, but essentially what you've done is send a threat. You're basically trying to blackmail them to your, unreasonable, demand for 50% off the item you purchased.

Zavvi were covered by their 'artwork subject to change' moniker. The most you're legally entitled to is to return your item for a full refund. Only because of distance selling regulations, and not because the item you received was black rather than white. If you sent me that kind of email, I'd simply let you return it to fulfill my legal obligation to you, not because I felt threatened.

Do you really think Trading Standards will be interested? Even if everyone who was unhappy contacted them, they'd side with Zavvi because of the 'artwork subject to change' disclaimer.

Zavvi put the artwork on their site 'in good faith'.
You ordered it 'in good faith'.
They posted it. No one pointed out before dispatch that the image and product didn't match. Even if they had... 'artwork subject'... etc. etc.
You have the right to return it under distance selling regulations.

So. Return it. You don't want it. That's what you said. Why do you want a 50% refund on something you don't want? You want all your money back surely... Don't you?

I could easily make the argument that Zavvi acted in bad faith because its very likely they knew the final artwork had changed days in advance before shipping them out and yet they neglected to change the art on the site until after they shipped thousands of orders

just because they had the disclaimer about "artwork subject to change" doesnt absolve them from consumer fraud if they knowingly omitted a material fact such as the final art, anyone who purchased the steelbook has a valid argument here as its highly unlikely zavvi got the shipment of steels the same day they were being shipped out without enough time to update the art

the argument is further supported by the fact that amazon spain had the correct art for the steelbook awhile before zavvi even shipped, and im guessing disney did not withhold that information from zavvi

I could easily make the argument that Zavvi acted in bad faith because its very likely they knew the final artwork had changed days in advance before shipping them out and yet they neglected to change the art on the site until after they shipped thousands of orders

just because they had the disclaimer about "artwork subject to change" doesnt absolve them from consumer fraud if they knowingly omitted a material fact such as the final art, anyone who purchased the steelbook has a valid argument here as its highly unlikely zavvi got the shipment of steels the same day they were being shipped out without enough time to update the art

the argument is further supported by the fact that amazon spain had the correct art for the steelbook awhile before zavvi even shipped, and im guessing disney did not withhold that information from zavvi

It's still a very grey area.

Just because Amazon.es had the correct artwork pictured, doesn't mean Zavvi had it from Disney. I can name lots of product pictures on numerous websites where what you'll receive isn't the same as that advertised. Admittedly, they're usually similar, but still different. Even from Zavvi's Disney collection, to this day a few of the mock-ups differ to the actual item. As I said before, if Zavvi weren't given the new images in time, legally they couldn't just steal it from another website.

The customer service adviser who stated the item would be white was probably going on the information they had (presumably just looking at the website), they had no reason to suspect the item would be changed. It's all well and good that we knew Spain's Maleficent was black, but we're collectors, these are people on minimum wage (or thereabouts) who aren't as passionate about these collectibles. It's like expecting HMV staff to know everything about the 1000's of products they sell.

As neither you or I, or TonyStark64 know for a fact we were deceived, and certainly couldn't prove it, then Zavvi's disclaimer does cover them. While I agree, the difference between the mock-up and finished product varies considerably, where do you draw the line? Would it be reasonable to demand a 50% refund because Man of Steel has 3D printed on the front (the mock-up doesn't)? A 50% refund on Pinocchio because it says Disney on the spine (the mock-up doesn't)? A 50% refund because Toy Story 2 is silver (the mock-up is white)?

I have no issue with anyone who feels deceived, that's up to them. I also have no issue with anyone who wanted to return it and get a full refund (legally you're entitled to). What I do take issue with is people saying they don't want the item, but a 50% refund will make things okay. No. Either you want it or you don't.

I think instead of people getting angry over zavvi not changing the artwork on their site, you should be more angry over the lack of quality control these steelbooks recieved.

Exactly what I was thinking, having just received the standard "please send pics of the damage" email. :rolleyes: What's the point when I want a full refund, not partial, they'll see the damage when I send them back!! :facepalm:

Received mine in good quality for a change.
While I was disappointed in the SB not being white, I stil love the art and colors.

Funny thing...I was holding the SB and rotating it a bit in my hands and Angelina's eyes turned red at some specific angle. I was like "holy mother of..., look at this quality of effects". My wife couldn't believe it so she tried it aswell, but no effect. Somehow her eyes turned red only when I was holding it. A few minutes and "wows" later I realized I was wearing a red T-shirt :wtf:

Long story short...the SB has some excellent effects......................................but you have to wear the right shirt :emb:

Hello...read all your posts with interest!

I am NOT saying i don't want the steelbook...first and foremost i buy for the film contained within...the steelbook is an added bonus!!

What i am saying is that i pre-ordered the steelbook based on Zavvi's mock-up and was then subsequently charged and dispatched a completely different steelbook in terms of it's colour and art without EVER being informed by Zavvi prior to being charged that the design was NOT what i ordered without giving me a chance to cancel....which is obviously what they were afraid of!!! That in my book is totally unacceptable because i do not except for one second that Zavvi did NOT know about the change in advance!

Let me put this to you guys...if you bought a 55" Samsung 4K TV and got a 48" Samsung HD TV or bought a blue car and were delivered a red car you would happily accept that! I think not!!!!

I do not accept Zavvi's "artwork subject to change" either...they received that stock in the early part of the week before release...are you telling me NOBODY checked it!! Somebody from Zavvi confirmed it was a white steelbook on Twitter also!! Total and utter incompetence!!

I am going to Trading Standards because Zavvi charged me and dispatched an item that was not as advertised on their website and NO DOUBT knew that when they charged people and took near £100000 in total for these 4000 steelbooks!!

That in my book is totally unacceptable and i am asking Zavvi for a 50% refund because...although i want the film...IT IS NOT THE STEELBOOK I ORDERED!!!

I DID send that message to Zavvi Customer Services and got a bull**** copy and pasted "please send a photograph blah-blah-blah" generic reply!!

They are one of the worst internet companies out there!! Fact!! I have cancelled dozens of pre-orders with them...if everybody else did maybe they would give some thought as to how they can improve!!! They are a joke!!!