Man of Steel 3D - In theaters June 14, 2013

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Man of Steel (2013)

Tagline: You will believe that a man can fly.

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Zack Snyder[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Henry Cavill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Amy Adams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Shannon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Diane Lane[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Russell Crowe[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Antje Traue[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kevin Costner[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christopher Meloni[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Laurence Fishburne[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jadin Gould[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tahmoh Penikett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ayelet Zurer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard Schiff[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dylan Sprayberry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Kelly[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carla Gugino[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard Cetrone[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mackenzie Gray[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Julian Richings[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mary Black[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Samantha Jo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rebecca Buller[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christina Wren[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Lewis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Doug Abrahams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brad Kelly[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alessandro Juliani[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jack Foley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robert Gerdisch[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harry Lennix[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jacqueline Scislowski[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sean Campbell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Raj Lal[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2013-06-12[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]143[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
xWlaTLnD8NJMTT9PGOD9z5re1SL.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
An alien infant is raised on Earth, and grows up with superhuman abilities. He sets out to use these abilities to guard his adopted world.
With: Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane and much more!!!

Trailers:

Old infos/trailers:

Poster:
399516_414200565292571_1731125494_n.jpg
man-of-steel-logo-2013.jpg

Old infos:
Per Coming soon:

Aronofsky in the Running to Direct Superman
Source: Heat Vision September 28, 2010

Black Swan helmer Darren Aronofsky has joined the list of potential directors for Warner Bros.' new Superman movie, reports Heat Vision.

The list includes Duncan Jones, Jonathan Liebesman, Matt Reeves, Tony Scott and Zack Snyder. The trade adds that Ben Affleck was also briefly in the running but he is reportedly no longer pursuing the job.

Aronofsky is said to be in active talks, though it's early.

Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas will executive produce the film, targeted for a 2012 release.

Read more: Aronofsky in the Running to Direct Superman - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70192#ixzz10qGP5CCK

Attachments

• man-of-steel-logo-2013.jpg
    man-of-steel-logo-2013.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 323
Last edited by a moderator:
So far it seems everyone has liked the film in here, which means I'll probably like it then!

Go in with little to no expectations other than knowing it is a movie based on a comic character who has been around for over 50 years. Then prepare yourself by activating your visual and auditory senses to immerse in that world for 2 hours. It could be the most enjoyable feeling you have had in a while. That is why several of us have a smile on our faces after watching this :D

For everyone who saw it:
How do you feel that Superman killed Zod at the end?

Personnally, I like how they handled it.
This is the ULTIMATE decision and they show it... they truly explain that Zod has no goal left in life since Krypton has been totally destroyed so killing as many humans to make Kal-El suffer... show how much Superman regrets his decision... how devastated he is...

That was really EEK!

Reactions: jitstark and GVZER
Yup, totally wanted that and loved that it was that way - the preview screening crowd I was with gave it a brief standing ovation actually and more applause for Kal's reaction afterwards.

Reactions: Drum18
Yup, totally wanted that and loved that it was that way - the preview screening crowd I was with gave it a brief standing ovation actually and more applause for Kal's reaction afterwards.

Thanks for blowing the ending for me Ash. Now I guess I don't have to see it.:hilarious:

Just came back from seeing Man of Steel. It was absolutely stunning. The fight scenes were just EPIC. There was barely any character development though which was a bummer but other than that, no complaints. Just EPIC!

Just came back from seeing Man of Steel. It was absolutely stunning. The fight scenes were just EPIC. There was barely any character development though which was a bummer but other than that, no complaints. Just EPIC!

Maybe it's just me but I was surprised by how much depth they put into Lois Lane - that she is actually a smart reporter with guts ;)

Thanks for blowing the ending for me Ash. Now I guess I don't have to see it.:hilarious:

Yes, that was my intention all along - bait and blow hahahaha:hilarious:

I had very high hopes for this considering the cadre of talent at the helm Snyder, Nolan, & Goyer, and guess what? i was blown away gripped from the first minute to the last & considering the film had a run time of over two hours it flew by, as you'd expect the action, effects, visuals and 3D were top notch but for me it was the performances of the great cast including a nice turn by Kevin Costner but the star of the show is undoubtably Cavill with a powerful yet emotional performance.
In my humble opinion Pacific Rim, Thor, The wolverine, ect, will have to be pretty special to top this, my favorite film of the year so far by a country mile. :thumbs:

Reactions: ash333
Don't cheer, dont shout, don't scream, don't stand up afterwards. This is bad manners towards other cinema goers. Brits know how to do it, watch the film quietly, then leave quietly at the end.:angry:

Also just got back from BFI IMAX, it was amazing :scat:and the 3D was great...a lot better than my last film at IMAX Iron Man 3 :(

Catching a third viewing in IMAX 3D and the theater is packed!! So which movie was the reviewers who panned the movie watching? Seriously, the baton for the next WB blockbuster is clearly in the hands of Zack Snyder.

Snyder carries that stigma from SuckerPunch...:D

Totally agree with Ash. No stigma from any previous movies should ever be applicable. I read some things that blasted Man of Steel for various reasons. Now all I can conjure up is that those writers are just negative or fishing for an audience with negative press about a massive production.

Straight up... the movie was incredible. The story was engaging. The acting was excellent. Visuals were phenomenal. And I left feeling like I had just watched a very well crafted beginning of a modern day Superman franchise. In my opinion, this at least matches the caliber of Nolan's Batman Begins.... not an easy undertaking.

Personally I will be watching Man of Steel multiple times as soon as I get my hands on the blu ray... err um I mean the steelbook. :thumbs:

Totally agree with Ash. No stigma from any previous movies should ever be applicable. I read some things that blasted Man of Steel for various reasons. Now all I can conjure up is that those writers are just negative or fishing for an audience with negative press about a massive production.

Straight up... the movie was incredible. The story was engaging. The acting was excellent. Visuals were phenomenal. And I left feeling like I had just watched a very well crafted beginning of a modern day Superman franchise. In my opinion, this at least matches the caliber of Nolan's Batman Begins.... not an easy undertaking.

Personally I will be watching Man of Steel multiple times as soon as I get my hands on the blu ray... err um I mean the steelbook. :thumbs:

I agree on your sentiments. I have read a good amount of the negative reviews and some make good points, but some really were hoping for a Reeves like Superman and that's not what this new MOS was about.

Probably quite a controversial first post then (been lurking almost daily for two years), but I have to admit that I didn't enjoy it :emb:

I love Snyder's previous films and had minimal expectations, but for me the character development was poor and I didn't engage with either Superman or the story.

The action scenes were mostly great, shaky cam less so; but for me the film fell into the trap of being neither humorous/fun nor dark or gritty enough, it was just left meandering in the middle of the road/Metropolis :(

I hate to criticise films purely based on their length, it's such a basic argument but this film badly needed editing down imo and by the time the final act kicked in, I honestly wanted to go home.

I'm glad most of you enjoyed it. I will be all over the (hopefully nice) Blu's of this movie but I honestly can't see myself sitting down to watch it again, too many other things to watch instead!

Reactions: jimmyv