• Full Slip B

• Quarter Slip

• Dual Pack

• Triple Pack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase links: Type A - Type B - Quarter Slip - Dual Pack - Triple Pack - (Pre-order on September 29, 2016)
Price: Type A: $46.89 - Type B: $46.89 - 1/4 Slip: $45.69

Type A: 2,000 copies - Type B: 2,500 copies - 1/4 Slip: 1,000 copies

13938104_929743153836834_5964674825909768059_o.jpgtype a.jpgType B.jpgQuarter slip.jpg
image.png

- The steelbook illustration is by Krzysztof Domaradzki.
- The artwork for the slipbox was used previously for the Oldboy vinyl LP. It was co-ordinated by Nicolas Winding Refn, the director of Drive, and illustrated by Laurent Durieux. The director of Oldboy Park Chan-wook wanted one of our editions to feature this artwork so we reached out to Milan Records and illustrator Laurent Durieux. You'll be able to see more of the artwork since parts of the top and bottom were cropped out for the vinyl LP.

Old mock up
tumblr_odfq0maYYu1t1dcuoo1_1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sidenote - I'm wondering if someone can shed lights as to why this release is so much more expensive than any of their other releases??

Generally steels run between $34-37 for them, but this is $47! Almost $60 bucks after shipping!! Didn't realize it until checkout. Seems excessive.

Am I alone on this one? Thoughts?

Maybe shipping is different for me being in Ireland, but the price for this is around the norm. Looking back at previous orders, which are listed in dollars, The Master was $55.99 with shipping and I Saw The Devil (which is the most expensive order so far) was $59.80 with shipping. Tinker Tailor is the cheapest so far at $46.89.

Looking back at previous orders, which are listed in dollars, The Master was $55.99 with shipping and I Saw The Devil was $59.80 with shipping.
For me, Master - $47.99, ISTD - $50.80. Both including shipping to UK (k-packet $12), did you choose the more expensive shipping on those orders?

I'm just guessing here, but I'm wondering if it's because of the documentary that's included... I imagine putting that together wasn't cheap for them, and it sounds like a pretty great extra feature to be fair, so should hopefully be worth the extra $.

It's Korea's most expensive-to-make Blu-ray for a single film release. Most other releases are just fancy packaging of preexisting releases but they included a professional documentary that was IIRC produced by them.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: the entire economy of South Korea revolves around OLDBOY!:rofl:

I didn't realize they funded an entire documentary that didn't previously exist. Someone mentioned shipping.. but thats not the case because shipping was $12 normal for me. All my orders of Master, Foxcatcher etc have been around $45 (after shipping).

Unfortunate because @ $47 per steel (before shipping) doubt I can afford many more @ $60 after shipping. But what you guys said about the doc if they paid for that makes sense. Hopefully they can get back to their normal $34-37 price point which seems to be more reasonable. Just my humble opinion.

For me, Master - $47.99, ISTD - $50.80. Both including shipping to UK (k-packet $12), did you choose the more expensive shipping on those orders?

No, just the standard k-packet shipping. I did order The Master a while after it released (it was my first order from Plain Archive after discovering them) so its probably a case that the price had gone up since its preorder or whatever. Same with I Saw The Devil actually, I managed to get one of the restocks that went up on the site a couple of months after. So thats probably why they were a bit more expensive, I hadn't thought of that.

I didn't realize they funded an entire documentary that didn't previously exist. Someone mentioned shipping.. but thats not the case because shipping was $12 normal for me. All my orders of Master, Foxcatcher etc have been around $45 (after shipping).

Unfortunate because @ $47 per steel (before shipping) doubt I can afford many more @ $60 after shipping. But what you guys said about the doc if they paid for that makes sense. Hopefully they can get back to their normal $34-37 price point which seems to be more reasonable. Just my humble opinion.
This has actually been known for the entire time since announcement that the prices would be higher due to them producing a full-length documentary themselves. So yes, this is the reason for the price hike and prices for later releases will be the usual ones.

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: lolwut and harry
Think my hesitation to ensure everything was correct at checkout has hampered me getting a <100 number. Oh well, glad to secure a copy :thumbs:

Lol, same here. I don't care for the number, though.

Ordered a Full Slip B in the morning. #12639

I think this message was lost in the wave of "ordered" messages ;) :

Reply from Plain to comment on Korean FB states type B is a glossy & pearl particle finish. Should look much better in hand.

Thanks for the info @Four Foot One