Transformers
Transformers ROTF

Release date: August 2012
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/search?q=blu-ray+steelbook&sort=release

Actual pics: (tx to Rodtp)
20120808_092936.jpg

20120808_093229.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunny, the Underworld Trilogies from Germany were virtually the same, and the Dark Knight FS and re-release were very similar, causing the 1st release to decrease in price. Many of the German Releases were virtually the same. This is all speculation so far, but no one who has Iron Man FS and shelled out a ton of dough for it would be happy with an identical release. Hopefully they use their common sense....

Hum.... re-release... again...
Let's pray that IM, Star Trek & Transformers2 designs are completely different than FS edition...

Forrest Gump steel in english only: :scat:

Reactions: shdl83
Sunny, the Underworld Trilogies from Germany were virtually the same, and the Dark Knight FS and re-release were very similar, causing the 1st release to decrease in price. Many of the German Releases were virtually the same. This is all speculation so far, but no one who has Iron Man FS and shelled out a ton of dough for it would be happy with an identical release. Hopefully they use their common sense....

dont forget saving private ryan:D

Will be interesting to see the original Transformers artwork, both German releases have been pretty poor.

Wondering why they would say their available for rental though?

Would rather see a new Transformer 1 steelbook, that blows the German steelbooks away. TF1 needs a better steelbook. ^^

If they released Iron Man without the blu-ray banner, in my opinion, it won't look as good as the FS version. The blu banner actually gives the steel a nice touch on there a long with the red paint. There are some steelz that work better with or without the blue banner. When I first started collecting in October 2011 I bought the batman re-releases CA. I saw they were the cheapest instead of the FS release. Didn't know the difference until I found out that the blue banner on top for the CA release wasn't a banner but part of the flyer! Same with IAL. Saw on for $30 and another for like $150? I thought the $150 was trying to rip me off so went for the cheaper one. I still think the FS IAL looks better with the blue banner. If I had the opportunity I would like to go back and get the originals.

The re-releases without the blu banner looks too much like DVD versions which I really dislike.

If they released Iron Man without the blu-ray banner, in my opinion, it won't look as good as the FS version. The blu banner actually gives the steel a nice touch on there a long with the red paint. There are some steelz that work better with or without the blue banner. When I first started collecting in October 2011 I bought the batman re-releases CA. I saw they were the cheapest instead of the FS release. Didn't know the difference until I found out that the blue banner on top for the CA release wasn't a banner but part of the flyer! Same with IAL. Saw on for $30 and another for like $150? I thought the $150 was trying to rip me off so went for the cheaper one. I still think the FS IAL looks better with the blue banner. If I had the opportunity I would like to go back and get the originals.

Hey Sunny-correct-it is the collectors that have been around for many more years than that, what would be most aggravated if they chose exactly the same art. The hard core collector will always choose the 1st, original release,regardless of the cost. To keep Steelbook collecting worthwhile as a hobby (it was always a niche, unique packaging for years), it is in the studios' best interest not to chose the same art. Values have dipped for 1st releases, since re-releases were sold-it's a fact. I don't own Iron Man FS and have no interest in it, but many friends who are fellow collectors do-and for them, I hope the studios use common sense to keep Steelbook collecting interesting and special-and do not deminish it with cookie cutter art for these re-releases.

Last edited:
Reactions: sunnyx and shdl83
Woohoo this is fantastic news :D I'll take one of each thank you :D

And I really don't care if the FS ones decrease in value, I'll still like them as much :)

My only hope is that they use the artwork used for the digibooks in France/Germany (premium collection I believe it's called), they look fantastic :scat:

Well, we have to face the fact, that we are a minority. None of the big companies does really care about the prices of a first release on ebay, that's for sure. They don't even get the cash, as the prices begin to rise as soon as the title has gone oop, so, there's no benefit for the company itself.

How should even FS care about this? They sold all their IM for about 29.99 CAD. So what exactly is their benefit of NOT releasing a second batch of IM? The main reason is not because of the sad collectors that have already paid a lot of money for it, it is because FS doesn't think they'll be able to sell another 4'000 copies fast enough in Canada. Risk of not selling them all is too high.

Just think about it: The Avengers made about $185 Mio USD on the first weekend and it is not even yet released in North America. Now compare this amount to a Steelbook Batch of 4'000 pcs sold @ 30 USD, that's a total of 0.12 Mio USD, wow, amazing.. Those companies should better care about steelbook collectors.. [and those 0.12 Mio USD is not yet a net profit, just revenue]

Hey, come on.. I mean, when a company would use "common sense" it would exactly do what you don't want: Release a steelbook-artwork that has risen dramatically in value since it has gone oop, because people like it, obviously.

Companies do not care if a steelbook is bought by a "steelbook collector" or a 'normal person', 29.99 is 29.99 - and if the price gets higher on ebay, they don't care neither, because they already got the 29.99.

Last edited:
Reactions: carllenc
SteelBook releases in Australia are well overdue. I am really interested in the Transformers, Forrest Gump, Star Trek and Saving Private Ryan. I already have the Future Shop Iron Man and Transformers 2, so not interested, even if they do have different artwork.

Well, we have to face the fact, that we are a minority. None of the big companies does really care about the prices of a first release on ebay, that's for sure. They don't even get the cash, as the prices begin to rise as soon as the title has gone oop, so, there's no benefit for the company itself.

How should even FS care about this? They sold all their IM for about 29.99 CAD. So what exactly is their benefit of NOT releasing a second batch of IM? The main reason is not because of the sad collectors that have already paid a lot of money for it, it is because FS doesn't think they'll be able to sell another 4'000 copies fast enough in Canada. Risk of not selling them all is too high.

Just think about it: The Avengers made about $185 Mio USD on the first weekend and it is not even yet released in North America. Now compare this amount to a Steelbook Batch of 4'000 pcs sold @ 30 USD, that's a total of 0.12 Mio USD, wow, amazing.. Those companies should better care about steelbook collectors.. [and those 0.12 Mio USD is not yet a net profit, just revenue]

Hey, come on.. I mean, when a company would use "common sense" it would exactly do what you don't want: Release a steelbook-artwork that has risen dramatically in value since it has gone oop, because people like it, obviously.

Companies do not care if a steelbook is bought by a "steelbook collector" or a 'normal person', 29.99 is 29.99 - and if the price gets higher on ebay, they don't care neither, because they already got the 29.99.

I appreicate what your saying mate. If studios keep re-releasing 'limited' editions and making more money from collectors, it would eventually get to the point where collectors would just give up and studios would lose money. As a studio you have to be mindful of re-releasing 'limited' editions.

For example, why does a Future Shop resident evil sell more than a Wall Mart resident evil when both are exactly the same. That's because FS builds on its reputation of the excellent steelz they release, and one release only, and that's it. No more silly releases and give yourself a better name. People think more highly of Future Shop and will stick by these 'exclusives'. If Future shop kept making re-releases it gives the company a bad name of re-releases and the steelz would not be so highly sought.

So to summarise my opinion, trying to make too much money from the collectors community can draw an impact to the art of collecting rare steelz. That is why releases have been different and also gives new collectors a chance to get hold of one instead of paying evilbay prices. Basically you have to deal with the community of collection as a whole rather then just certain minority who has certain views of re-releases.

So..as long as the artwork is different, I don't mind the re-releases, as gives others an option to get a cheap IM:) For the hardcore collectors there is still only one Iron Man out there, the futureshop edition.If the artowork is exactly the same as the original releases, I will most probably give up this hobby as it spoils the art of collecting. There isn't anything special in this for me.

Let's hope the art is different :)

For example, why does a Future Shop resident evil sell more than a Wall Mart resident evil when both are exactly the same.

You can't compare that directly. Counterquestion: Why are there so little SB releases in the USA? Probably it's because americans do not care about steelbooks, or at least not as much as the canadians do [yes, I am aware of our fellow us-american members, but they're statistically not representative for the whole us-american market].

So, you just compared sale volumes of two totally different markets - there's no bottom line in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.