Predator (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Exclusive steelbook news from HiDefNinja!

Predator Blu-ray Steelbook

Play.com Exclusive - Release date of June 4th, 2012

Purchase here

All are standard G2/Blu-ray sized steelbooks, and have front / rear / interior artwork with no logos or age ratings on the covers.

They will be double play (dvd & bd) on all the single films - and priced very favorably!

Limited to 4,000

Predator.jpg

Pics courtesy of Prometheus:

IMG_2033b.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Predator.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think its something alot of people do mate, if it sits there for sale you dont really want it, once it goes OOP everyone wants it lol.:naughty:

Yep, it's called the 'fear of loss' factor. When its easily available no one wants it because it is easy to find and less valuable. When it goes out of print the fear of loss factor rubs in and your afraid of not getting one before the prices really rocket high.

Quite hilarious really watching collectors have no interest in a steel and then panic once the steel goes OOP and have to find one lol :hilarious:

Yep, it's called the 'fear of loss' factor. When its easily available no one wants it because it is easy to find and less valuable. When it goes out of print the fear of loss factor rubs in and your afraid of not getting one before the prices really rocket high.

Quite hilarious really watching collectors have no interest in a steel and then panic once the steel goes OOP and have to find one lol :hilarious:

If everyone kept their heads, then the price wouldn't rocket. Unfortunately everyone panics trying to get a copy cheap before it rises in price, which has the knock on effect of actually increasing the price.

If everyone kept their heads, then the price wouldn't rocket. Unfortunately everyone panics trying to get a copy cheap before it rises in price, which has the knock on effect of actually increasing the price.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that! If it was that easy everyone would have a copy for themselves :) and there will be 4,000 individual IM Play.com owners. But many buy more than one for a reason and I am sure everyone here has done this at some point.

yep and i dropped my copy this morning, only a week old and still seeled and BOOM right out of my hand, hit the floor then came the swearing and shouting:angry: Now my copy has a nice big dent in it, i've done my best to push it out but i can still see it, so desided to order another one from play and seen that it had sold out. so i posted in the wanted forum and a couple of guys was nice enough to other trade's and buy's but ended up finding a few on eBay cheaper.

Reactions: SaberTooth
yep and i dropped my copy this morning, only a week old and still seeled and BOOM right out of my hand, hit the floor then came the swearing and shouting:angry: Now my copy has a nice big dent in it, i've done my best to push it out but i can still see it, so desided to order another one from play and seen that it had sold out. so i posted in the wanted forum and a couple of guys was nice enough to other trade's and buy's but ended up finding a few on eBay cheaper.

At least the disc is protected. Believe it or not, but steelbooks were originally introduced for situations like yours, so the disc remains intact.

:O

At least the disc is protected. Believe it or not, but steelbooks were originally introduced for situations like yours, so the disc remains intact.

:O

really didn't know that, but it didn't with this it came lose inside but looked fine, i've manage to get rid now to a friend for a set price to pay for my new copy.

Or in a quicker Homer Simpson style

DOH ;)

I've had it load's of times :emb:

Ebay cheaper than the trade thread? :O ...and here i was believin' ebay was just full of those no-good dirty steelbook-rustling scalpers :hilarious:

Ebay cheaper than the trade thread? :O ...and here i was believin' ebay was just full of those no-good dirty steelbook-rustling scalpers :hilarious:

yep cheaper on ebay but i have found a few steelbooks cheap there then in the trade thread, once the sellers get wind it's now sold out the price will most likely rise.

I know what you are saying but I really was trying to limit my orders as I had already shelled out on Hell Boy 2, Incredible Hulk, Serenity and had just ordered Hulk also.

It's annoying though because the other day I was looking at my Alien Quadrilogy steelbook and knowing I had already pre-ordered Prometheus I thought I should get it just in case. (Doh!) :hilarious:

I've learnt from my mistake though. I went through that wave again and considered what I wanted and ordered Braveheart now. It's such a stunning steel. :D Doubt my wife will be impressed though! :twisted:

i said i had to re-buy this again yesterday and had to get it off ebay, which i found for £14.45, well now it's £29.99 from the same seller. And think i didn't really want this steelbook (even though i love the film) i only ordered it for my trader friend in the US and once i so it i had to have one (same goes for Pitch Black & Braveheart). The front art is amazing and much nicer then the German front art also back art is nice to, shame i can't say the same about the inside artwork. Infact to tell the truth i'm not liking any of the inside art from the fox wave.