Ready Player One (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.17) [Hong Kong]

Which edition(s) will you be getting?

• Full Slip

Votes: 53 31.7%
  • Single Lenti

Votes: 28 16.8%
  • Double Lenti

Votes: 47 28.1%
  • One Click

Votes: 47 28.1%

• Total voters

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 10, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip (4K + 2D) - Double Lenti (3D + 2D) - Single Lenti (3D + 2D) - One Click (Pre-order on August 3 at 8 PM Hong Kong time, GMT+8) Check your local timing HERE
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip 4K+2D or Double Lenti 3D+2D) - $47.99 (Single Lenti 3D+2D) - $155.97 (One Click)
Notes: The one click box is like a matchbox. There's an outer cover and an inner container.
Print run is 2800 units for both Domestic and International, Full Slip 900 - Single Lenti 900 - Double Lenti 1000 - One Click 500.
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Full Slip - Single Lenti

1.jpg3.jpg2.jpg0.jpg
37349395_1839130356197064_5615043898360463360_n.jpg
Goodies
- Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope,

Effects
- Full Slip: Spot Holofoil, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + High Quality Holofoil Paper Slip + Spot Glossy + Embossing
- Double Lenticular Full Slip: 2 x Super Clear 3D Lenticular + High Quality Paper Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
- One Click Box: Featuring Yuji Kaida's Illustrations + High Quality Box + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing

Last edited:
Steel looks great! I'd honestly be happy if it was just glossy and flat, but debossing is also more than welcome. :D

Debossed title was confirmed when the listing went up a few weeks back! It’s written in the description

Did no one notice that?

I actually wish it was embossed this time though

Just my luck as my wages go in tomorrow the GB for the DL finally goes out of stock today , Looks like I'll have to take my chance's with the Web store on Friday.

Problem with that is the artwork border wouldn't line up with the embossed border, so it'd look weird.

The debossing can be any shape as long as it's within that usual half-inch border. Most debossings are lazy and start at that border but the American Grease anniversary Steelbook is a perfect example of a custom shape.

The debossing can be any shape as long as it's within that usual half-inch border. Most debossings are lazy and start at that border but the American Grease anniversary Steelbook is a perfect example of a custom shape.
And that half inch border is what I'm referring to... it wouldn't line up with the artwork border.

I think the only thing that wouldn't line up properly would be the hand, but still think it could be done.. they have photoshop, right? :D
Think you're missing my point bud, so here's a quick edit to show what I mean...

example.jpg

Reactions: willbar84
Surely they could have used the artwork boarder for the embossing? It certainly seems a wasted opportunity to only give us a debossed title :(

Surely they could have used the artwork boarder for the embossing? It certainly seems a wasted opportunity to only give us a debossed title :(
No matter how they cropped it the artwork border wouldn't line up with an embossed border, since they're different sizes... well, unless they squashed/stretched the image, which is obviously a big no-no! Not only that, but Mendelsohn's face would be sliced lol.

See...

ex.jpg

Last edited:
This is what I had in mind (excuse the use of Snipping Tool to illustrate my idea :p)

View attachment 386350

(yellow areas debossed)
Gotcha! People calling it embossing rather than debossing is what had me confused lol (although I understand embossing on a steelbook technically doesn't exist, but probably best not to start that argument again). :censored::p

Anyway, personally I wouldn't be a fan of that... it's a little too complicated IMO, and I don't like that the other characters are be pushed to the background. I much prefer that they just kept it simple by only debossing the title... I wouldn't even mind if they'd left it completely flat to be honest.

And that half inch border is what I'm referring to... it wouldn't line up with the artwork border.

Think you're missing my point bud, so here's a quick edit to show what I mean...

View attachment 386344

:yuck: Just as I thought a double framed border and there not even in proportion as top to bottom is closer to bossed border than left to right is.

No matter how they cropped it the artwork border wouldn't line up with an embossed border, since they're different sizes... well, unless they squashed/stretched the image, which is obviously a big no-no! Not only that, but Mendelsohn's face would be sliced lol.

See...

View attachment 386346

Hmm pinch and zoomed doesn’t really work either.

Really love how Manta’s debossed title turned out on JL and also the live shots of their stunning Ex Machina Steelbook aswell. So it should look amazing aswell on RPO as the title is more centralised on this Steel.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
is the Steelbook being made in Denmark or China? it is not written on the product page (while it was on Justice League and Ex Machina)

is the Steelbook being made in Denmark or China? it is not written on the product page (while it was on Justice League and Ex Machina)
I may be confusing this with Ex_Machina but I believe DK... don't quote me on that though.

Excellent, thanks for confirming. Manta needs the darker ones, at least, to be produced in Denmark until they fire Freddy from the Chinese factory.

• Haha
Reactions: Apo and willbar84