Ready Player One (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.17) [Hong Kong]

Which edition(s) will you be getting?

• Full Slip

Votes: 53 31.7%
  • Single Lenti

Votes: 28 16.8%
  • Double Lenti

Votes: 47 28.1%
  • One Click

Votes: 47 28.1%

• Total voters

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 10, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip (4K + 2D) - Double Lenti (3D + 2D) - Single Lenti (3D + 2D) - One Click (Pre-order on August 3 at 8 PM Hong Kong time, GMT+8) Check your local timing HERE
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip 4K+2D or Double Lenti 3D+2D) - $47.99 (Single Lenti 3D+2D) - $155.97 (One Click)
Notes: The one click box is like a matchbox. There's an outer cover and an inner container.
Print run is 2800 units for both Domestic and International, Full Slip 900 - Single Lenti 900 - Double Lenti 1000 - One Click 500.
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Full Slip - Single Lenti

1.jpg3.jpg2.jpg0.jpg
37349395_1839130356197064_5615043898360463360_n.jpg
Goodies
- Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope,

Effects
- Full Slip: Spot Holofoil, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + High Quality Holofoil Paper Slip + Spot Glossy + Embossing
- Double Lenticular Full Slip: 2 x Super Clear 3D Lenticular + High Quality Paper Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
- One Click Box: Featuring Yuji Kaida's Illustrations + High Quality Box + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing

Last edited:
Excellent, thanks for confirming. Manta needs the darker ones, at least, to be produced in Denmark until they fire Freddy from the Chinese factory.

#scratchgate :squint::cautious::whistle: luckily for me I think I only have one and even then it’s not as bad as the ones I’ve seen posted on the Manta Release Threads.

To @DMD4k and anyone else wondering, Manta Lab announced a couple of times (the latest can be seen below) they would be using the Danish facility going forward and that in order to do so, they would have to bump the price a bit.

This:

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 23.45.54.png

is taken from this:

I don't see them going back to using the Chinese Scanavo given how much headache that caused to both the customers and Manta Lab regarding quality control. I'll ask for confirmation and update later.

Ah yes, I remember that FB post now, thanks @Apollon
I thought they may be switching between the two factories depending on the release, I thought I also read that somewhere. But, like you, I can't imagine a release where it would be beneficial to work with the Chinese factory, specially since their customer base has accepted the slight price bump.

Reactions: popeye
I am Very Happy to pay that little increase in price in order to get a Mint Steelbook, a Quality product from the start.

I was very tired of worrying to see if I'd get scratched steelbooks or not(which for me was most of the time) and to have to deal with replacement requests.
So Much stress this was.

Now a Purchase with some peace of mind :angel:

...well at least more than before, lets see what happens :hilarious:

Still haven't decided whether to go for this or not. The DL really doesn't do it for me and that's my usual go to.

The sleeve type OC is pretty pants but I do like the art on it.

I think I'm leaning towards the fullslip.

Update from Manta Lab regarding the production of this title:

For the Ready Player One, I choose Chinese production for the color saturation. We have ordered about 30% more cases for better QC for this release and the factory has assured me that they have improved the QC so I have decided to give a shot again so let's see how it goes.

If the production description doesn't say it's made in Denmark, it will be made elsewhere.

I think the super gloss would look better with this artwork.

[AUGUST UPDATE] - www.mantalab.com
Hello everyone! We hope everyone is having a great summer! We are very sorry for posting the update later than what we promised! It means we are working hard on production so we hope our customers can understand
1f642.png
:). `We have a lot of good news for this update so please read below for more information

1. EX_MACHINA
All materials have arrived to the packing facility and we are packing them at the moment. We hope to ship out everything on time. Thank you very much.

2. Ready Player One
Pre-order is tomorrow at 8PM, August 3rd, 2018! We thank everyone for coming to our pre-order.

3. The Greatest Showman
Pre-order will be in August and we are scheduling the pre-order at the moment. This release includes something we have never made before and we hope it will come out as our expectation.

4. The Shape of Water
Pre-order will be in September. We have finished all designs and we are currently producing the materials so packshots will be updated soon.

5. Deadpool 2
We are currently working on the Exclusive Steelbook for the Deadpool 2 and we hope to release another amazing release like the first one! More info will be updated after approval.

6. Forgotten releases....
1f641.png
:(
*Kingsman 2*
- Approvals have been quite difficult with this release because our entire designs have been rejected few times. We are working on this again but the release is going to be delayed until later this year.

*Dunkirk*
- There's a good news about this release because we were having problem with the approval from the director but we've heard that the approval process is moving again. We hope to post good news about this release.

*Alien Series*
- TBA, we are working with one of the best illustrators in the industry for our package and hope there's more news on this within this year.

*Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them*
- 50% of production has been finished and we are planning to release it in around October.

*BladeRunner 2049*
- Again... we are rejected with few ideas so we are starting over with the designs. We hope to release this by end of this year.

7. Steelbook Production and feedback
As our customers know that we've been switching back and forth with the steelbook production for our products and we thank everyone for the honest feedback. In our opinion, we are having difficult time deciding which production we want to use for our products because different factories have different pros and cons. Traditionally, we've been using super glossy steelbooks for our products but the problem we've faced was that the super glossy steelbooks have softer coating and it's more vulnerable than the hard coating. Regardless of the production we use, we will continue to QC our product to send out the best products for our customers.
Thank you very much and we hope to publish more good news with our next update.
Best regards,
Manta Lab

Firewall issue more likely :)
If it helps I tried the copy/paste Apollon ended up doing. I tried twice and got an error message, then I thought it may have been because the message was too long so I wrote that short one above and that posted fine.
I then tried pm'ing Apollon and that didn't work either. After that the site went down for me until now.

Did I break the Internet?

If it helps I tried the copy/paste Apollon ended up doing. I tried twice and got an error message, then I thought it may have been because the message was too long so I wrote that short one above and that posted fine.
I then tried pm'ing Apollon and that didn't work either. After that the site went down for me until now.

Did I break the Internet?

The pm and the post will have the same rules so it sounds like to me based on what you are describing that the content was too long to post as is.

@Apollon has different permissions than you and that's likely why (he gets exempted from that rule)

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Hi Andy, I know it's off topic. But since we are talking about technical issue of the website, and I don't know which thread is the right one for this:

Is it possible to do a general redirect from HTTP to HTTPS? Or are there any specific reasons not to to so?

Often the URLs for the GBs are only in HTTP, and if I click at the links in the OP from the website in HTTPS, it loses the cookie for my credentials, and I have to login again.

Not a big deal, only a feeback. Thanks! :)

I'm not going to post about the details publicly but I'm currently working on a larger project to port the site completely over to HTTPS. I can't commit to any timeframe right now given a busy regular job, group buy commitments and other tasks around here.

Reactions: yy0925

Thank you! Deleted the post and moved it to the right place.

I'm not going to post about the details publicly but I'm currently working on a larger project to port the site completely over to HTTPS. I can't commit to any timeframe right now given a busy regular job, group buy commitments and other tasks around here.

Sure! I know you all have full time jobs. Take you time :thumbs: And thank you!

Great to see Manta still using both factories for Steels as it would’ve been such a shame to miss out on those “super glossy” Steels completely. It shall be very interesting how the RPO ones come out now as the potential is definitely there for some rich contrast which will now be accentuated by the finish.