Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #41) [China]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: Late December, 2017
Group Buy: One Click - One Click (deposit) - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Group Buy Prices:
One Click - $205, DL - $70.99, SL - $67.99, FS - $64.99
Note: Glossy and embossed finish on the steelbook
Double lenticular
-3D+2D+bonus BD
-44 page booklet
-Exclusive Storm Trooper collector's card
Single lenticular
-3D+2D
-triple lenticular effects
-8 art cards
-Exclusive Death Trooper collector's card
Full slip
-3D+2D
-embossed
-4 IMAX poster cards
-Exclusive K-2SO collector's card
One Click

-all three editions plus fold out poster

RogueOneBlufansDoublelenti.jpgBlufansRogueOneSinglelenti.jpgRogueOneFullSlip.jpgBlufansRogueOneOneClick.jpg

Old info with live pictures of steelbook -
Thank you to member @pbtour4il for these live shots
dsc_1643-jpg.329268

dsc_1647-jpg.329280

dsc_1644-jpg.329269
dsc_1649-jpg.329283

IMG_3819.JPG
135831z5s98i3s8sh5iz5g.jpg
rogue-one-jpg.304288

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
For me Rogue One feels like it's connected to the OT more than what the prequels are. I think they did a very good job in that respect.

Surely though for continuity's sake nothing is bad as Obi Wan telling Luke that Vader killed his father in ANH, or Luke kissing his sister in ESB.

Obi Wan didn't want Luke to know his father was Vader. Vader DID kill his father in a sense. I don't this is a continuity error at all. Especially since Lars says he worries that he has too much of his father in him.

My issue with a new hope, despite what George Lucas says, is that it was blatantly made with a single movie in mind and therefore seems so bland when it comes to the other movies as there is nothing really left open as a cliffhanger or leaves you waiting to the next movie to find out. You're gonna get the arguments that it's part of a trilogy blah blah and it's easy to say that in retrospect as most people here probably grew up on the special editions and all they knew was the trilogy but if you were around in 77 or whenever it released it would have been clear that it was supposed to be a one shot. For me it's the dullest and most clichéd one out of the lot. People slate the pod racing scene but really, was having a couple of people in a rubbish tip room closing in on it self with some sort of octopus monster beneath it any more exciting?

Every main character in Star wars has an arc over their specific trilogy, even Lando redeemed himself by the end of ROTJ and he only came into the franchise at the back end of Empire... Yet Luke goes from zero to hero in a new hope all in the space of a single movie? I just think the movie is flawed, I don't think Rogue One makes it a better film either.

My issue with a new hope, despite what George Lucas says, is that it was blatantly made with a single movie in mind and therefore seems so bland when it comes to the other movies as there is nothing really left open as a cliffhanger or leaves you waiting to the next movie to find out. You're gonna get the arguments that it's part of a trilogy blah blah and it's easy to say that in retrospect as most people here probably grew up on the special editions and all they knew was the trilogy but if you were around in 77 or whenever it released it would have been clear that it was supposed to be a one shot. For me it's the dullest and most clichéd one out of the lot. People slate the pod racing scene but really, was having a couple of people in a rubbish tip room closing in on it self with some sort of octopus monster beneath it any more exciting?

Every main character in Star wars has an arc over their specific trilogy, even Lando redeemed himself by the end of ROTJ and he only came into the franchise at the back end of Empire... Yet Luke goes from zero to hero in a new hope all in the space of a single movie? I just think the movie is flawed, I don't think Rogue One makes it a better film either.

Most first movies are like that though, as they never know if they will make enough money to be able to make a sequel.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lionet
Most first movies are like that though, as they never know if they will make enough money to be able to make a sequel.

I agree with you, just think when you look at the trilogy or the franchise at a whole this one stands out as the dullest of the lot for the reasons I stated.

most people here probably grew up on the special editions and all they knew was the trilogy but if you were around in 77 or whenever it released it would have been clear that it was supposed to be a one shot

Sorry wrong! I was around for the original releases and for many years had the mags that covered the first film, where George talks about his overall vision. Lucas had already written the plot arc for pretty much the whole story for parts 4 to 6 before the first film was even in production. His problem was 1 costs and 2 virtually every studio said no. The only way he could get a deal was to drastically scale back part 4 to a streamlined story where the costs would be low "ish" and he could "hope" to achieve the effects he wanted. Ladd Jr at Fox liked the script and gave the greenlight. If the film flopped then its a fairly rounded film with an end, but it was always planned by Lucas to have at least a sequel to continue Skywalkers story if the film made any money.

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil
I dunno, if I was launching my career as a director and was about to have a hit movie come out I'd be telling people I have a plan for a trilogy too, to obviously get more films out of it.

The only thing that tells me that he may have had a plan for a sequel from a new hope was the fact Vader wasn't killed in that Tie fighter and instead span out of control and out of the movie