Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Group buy: click here to join
Notes: 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, Bonus Blu-ray Disc and Comic

02-484043.jpg

03-484043.jpg
01-484043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice if this is a proper exclusive, ie not available anywhere else.
With this been a Sony release I doubt that it's likely to get a release in Europe and in Asia with other retailers
It's not impossible to be UK only I just don't expect it will be considering the film involved

• Thanks
Reactions: lights
Seem's like a lot of effort went into making that mock-up. I'm going to predict that's the artwork they're striving for and as stated it's just wanting to be 'confirmed'.

If you play a current 3D disc on an 8K display, it would only be 8K if it was up-converted. It doesn't magically become 4K or 8K. There's currently no 4K 3D display on the home theater market.
That's the whole point ! 3d is encoded with standard res, it does not have to be, it can be encoded with 4k res ! Or 8k, 16k and so on. 3d will always be 3d regardless of the current or "future" resolution changes. 4k will never be 8k, 8k will never be 16k etc. 3d is an open system, can be displayed on any resolution, 4k is a closed systen which will die when 8k comes along, just as dvd and vcd were left behind. You have 2d tvs (regardless of resolution), then comes 3d (again regardless of resolution), then the holy grail, holographic ! Why kill 3d and take a step backwards, i want to go forward, hopefully next stop holographic ("vr" is trying to take this space). I go to an "isense" cinema which uses a 4k projection system, unlike "imax" which uses two standard projector's overlayed; i like 4k alot, but it is much better when the "isense" film is also 3d (apart from the extra dosh spent on a pair of specks).

With this been a Sony release I doubt that it's likely to get a release in Europe and in Asia with other retailers
It's not impossible to be UK only I just don't expect it will be considering the film involved

I can see this being the preferred WWA for those retailers wanting to put it in a slip. Doesn't make much sense to put the magnet version in a slip.

That's the whole point ! 3d is encoded with standard res, it does not have to be, it can be encoded with 4k res ! Or 8k, 16k and so on. 3d will always be 3d regardless of the current or "future" resolution changes. 4k will never be 8k, 8k will never be 16k etc. 3d is an open system, can be displayed on any resolution, 4k is a closed systen which will die when 8k comes along, just as dvd and vcd were left behind. You have 2d tvs (regardless of resolution), then comes 3d (again regardless of resolution), then the holy grail, holographic ! Why kill 3d and take a step backwards, i want to go forward, hopefully next stop holographic ("vr" is trying to take this space). I go to an "isense" cinema which uses a 4k projection system, unlike "imax" which uses two standard projector's overlayed; i like 4k alot, but it is much better when the "isense" film is also 3d (apart from the extra dosh spent on a pair of specks).

I don't plan to spend the money to upgrade to 8k. There's only so much detail you can notice on a 65" display and I don't have a mansion for a movie theater. So 4k is good enough for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: marcnotrust and neo
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Group buy: click here to join
Notes: 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, Bonus Blu-ray Disc and Comic

(Artwork TBC)
View attachment 320648

Hey guys, new member here. Anybody know if this movie will be Region Free? Here in the States the only steelbook preorder available is for 4K/blu-ray bundle. I saw Zavvi sold out in under 30 minutes with their steelbook version which includes the 3D copy. I couldn't believe it. Thanks for any and all help.

Charly

Hey guys, new member here. Anybody know if this movie will be Region Free? Here in the States the only steelbook preorder available is for 4K/blu-ray bundle. I saw Zavvi sold out in under 30 minutes with their steelbook version which includes the 3D copy. I couldn't believe it. Thanks for any and all help.

Charly

Sony Release = 99% region free

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry and Noodles
Thanks for the quick reply. To place the order, I just go through the user Cooey? Or are you guys setting up a group buy here on this thread? Sorry if I've got the process all wrong. I am a first timer. Thank you.
Just click on the link at the top in the OP :thumbs:. Welcome HDN by the way :).

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
Thanks for the quick reply. To place the order, I just go through the user Cooey? Or are you guys setting up a group buy here on this thread? Sorry if I've got the process all wrong. I am a first timer. Thank you.
Firstly, welcome to HDN! :)

Cooey is hosting the group buy, which you can find through this link:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/open-hmv-exclusives-group-buy-worldwide.82046

Follow the instructions in the first post of that thread and you're good to go. :thumbs:

With this popping up at Amazon.fr and Fnac it looks most likely that the artwork will be the same as the U.S. Best Buy and thus WWA:-

That being said I'm not at all a fan of any of the three front artworks that I've seen . . . and disappointed my favouite poster has not been used for a steelbook and only for the collector's edition from France with figurine but without steelbook.

RE: ARTIST RESPONSIBLE - Unsurprising (lol) that the artwork has gone to Ryan Meinerding as he designed the book covers for "The Art of Marvel Studios" . . . and is the Marvel Studios Head of Visual Development . . .

He also wrote "The Art of Iron Man 3" and was an illustrator in "Iron Man", a conceptual illustrator in "Iron Man 2", a visual development supervisor in "Thor", visual development supervisor and the suit developer in "Captain America: The First Avenger", visual development supervisor in "The Avengers", the head of visual development in "Iron Man 3" a visual development supervisor in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", the co-head of visual development in "Guardians of the Galaxy" and the costume Designer for "Daredevil".
Also an illustrator for the comic book adaptation "Cowboys and Aliens" where he worked with Jon Favreau as well as being, among other things, a costume illustrator for the comic book adaptation "Watchmen" (phew!).
As he himself said in an interview apropos a previous project:-
Quote Ryan Meinerding "Charlie Wen, my Co-Visual Development Supervisor, and I manage a small team of great artists that work on character design and key frame art for the Marvel movies. Generally speaking, we are some of the first people brought on board to start creating visuals for the movie. In most cases that means meeting with the director and producers and listening to the direction they want the characters to take, then reading the script to understand the main story needs. From there, we usually delve into the comics to find specific reference. After digesting as much from the comics as possible, we try to figure out distinct variations that combine all of the initiatives and create multiple designs to submit for approval. It really is about finding the tone of the movie and then using a few key images and costumes to communicate that tone."
France . . . Collector's Box (sans steelbook):-
Spider-Man-Homecoming-Exclusivite-Fnac-Blu-ray-3D-2D-4K.jpg

Last edited:
I'm liking this one, but am worried by the fact that the artwork might change closer to release... if not, then I just hope the back art doesn't disappoint! :ohno:

Anyway, thought I'd also share my concept in here...

View attachment 321120

Here we go...Super Noodles great artwork and when the real one comes out it'll feel like a punch in the nuts :D

Is it that hard though for any of these companies to use this for the artwork

spider_man_poster.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles