Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Group buy: click here to join
Notes: 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, Bonus Blu-ray Disc and Comic

02-484043.jpg

03-484043.jpg
01-484043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With this popping up at Amazon.fr and Fnac it looks most likely that the artwork will be the same as the U.S. Best Buy and thus WWA:-

That being said I'm not at all a fan of any of the three front artworks that I've seen . . . and disappointed my favouite poster has not been used for a steelbook and only for the collector's edition from France with figurine but without steelbook.

RE: ARTIST RESPONSIBLE - Unsurprising (lol) that the artwork has gone to Ryan Meinerding as he designed the book covers for "The Art of Marvel Studios" . . . and is the Marvel Studios Head of Visual Development . . .

He also wrote "The Art of Iron Man 3" and was an illustrator in "Iron Man", a conceptual illustrator in "Iron Man 2", a visual development supervisor in "Thor", visual development supervisor and the suit developer in "Captain America: The First Avenger", visual development supervisor in "The Avengers", the head of visual development in "Iron Man 3" a visual development supervisor in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", the co-head of visual development in "Guardians of the Galaxy" and the costume Designer for "Daredevil".
Also an illustrator for the comic book adaptation "Cowboys and Aliens" where he worked with Jon Favreau as well as being, among other things, a costume illustrator for the comic book adaptation "Watchmen" (phew!).
As he himself said in an interview apropos a previous project:-
Quote Ryan Meinerding "Charlie Wen, my Co-Visual Development Supervisor, and I manage a small team of great artists that work on character design and key frame art for the Marvel movies. Generally speaking, we are some of the first people brought on board to start creating visuals for the movie. In most cases that means meeting with the director and producers and listening to the direction they want the characters to take, then reading the script to understand the main story needs. From there, we usually delve into the comics to find specific reference. After digesting as much from the comics as possible, we try to figure out distinct variations that combine all of the initiatives and create multiple designs to submit for approval. It really is about finding the tone of the movie and then using a few key images and costumes to communicate that tone."
France . . . Collector's Box (sans steelbook):-
Spider-Man-Homecoming-Exclusivite-Fnac-Blu-ray-3D-2D-4K.jpg

If it is the above mentioned art here in the U.K. I'd be more than happy with that
Make a nice change that the artists are getting some recognition i.e. The recent Logan HMV release also

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark
With this popping up at Amazon.fr and Fnac it looks most likely that the artwork will be the same as the U.S. Best Buy and thus WWA:-

That being said I'm not at all a fan of any of the three front artworks that I've seen . . . and disappointed my favouite poster has not been used for a steelbook and only for the collector's edition from France with figurine but without steelbook.

RE: ARTIST RESPONSIBLE - Unsurprising (lol) that the artwork has gone to Ryan Meinerding as he designed the book covers for "The Art of Marvel Studios" . . . and is the Marvel Studios Head of Visual Development . . .

He also wrote "The Art of Iron Man 3" and was an illustrator in "Iron Man", a conceptual illustrator in "Iron Man 2", a visual development supervisor in "Thor", visual development supervisor and the suit developer in "Captain America: The First Avenger", visual development supervisor in "The Avengers", the head of visual development in "Iron Man 3" a visual development supervisor in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", the co-head of visual development in "Guardians of the Galaxy" and the costume Designer for "Daredevil".
Also an illustrator for the comic book adaptation "Cowboys and Aliens" where he worked with Jon Favreau as well as being, among other things, a costume illustrator for the comic book adaptation "Watchmen" (phew!).
As he himself said in an interview apropos a previous project:-
Quote Ryan Meinerding "Charlie Wen, my Co-Visual Development Supervisor, and I manage a small team of great artists that work on character design and key frame art for the Marvel movies. Generally speaking, we are some of the first people brought on board to start creating visuals for the movie. In most cases that means meeting with the director and producers and listening to the direction they want the characters to take, then reading the script to understand the main story needs. From there, we usually delve into the comics to find specific reference. After digesting as much from the comics as possible, we try to figure out distinct variations that combine all of the initiatives and create multiple designs to submit for approval. It really is about finding the tone of the movie and then using a few key images and costumes to communicate that tone."
France . . . Collector's Box (sans steelbook):-

I really hope that is not the artwork

Reactions: bigstevie8582
I seriously hope this turns out to be the US art

I do like this but I prefer the illustrated art

Yes, apart from the laid-back Spidey poster (which really speaks to me about "homecoming" . . . after months away at boarding school back in the day I always remember how nice it was to come home, eat good food and chill out (lol).
Other similarly interesting, fun or just simply better (imo) poster images for the steelbook front would include one of these:-
II
V
6e91ded0757859e9aec0b8a45e063cac--spiderman-spiderman-amazing-spiderman.jpg

35eecdffb3719695895f71d94d721d80.jpg

o_1bi3ljmla1f781r3usol1mp0etf12.jpg

marvel-homecoming-spider-man-sixth-scale-hot-toys-903063-08.jpg

Hot-Toys-SMHC-Spider-Man-Collectible-Figure-Deluxe-Version_PR10.jpeg
marvel-homecoming-spider-man-sixth-scale-deluxe-version-hot-toys-903064-03.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, apart from the laid-back Spidey poster (which really speaks to me about "homecoming" . . . after months away at boarding school back in the day I always remember how nice it was to come home, eat good food and chill out (lol).
Other similarly interesting, fun or just simply better (imo) poster images for the steelbook front would include one of these:-
II
V
a64f69074b0bc86f77e7dea2aff6de63--homecoming-posters-spiderman-homecoming-poster.jpg
1490387464725-e1490784415404.jpeg
marvel-homecoming-spider-man-sixth-scale-hot-toys-903063-08.jpg
6e91ded0757859e9aec0b8a45e063cac--spiderman-spiderman-amazing-spiderman.jpg
Hot-Toys-SMHC-Spider-Man-Collectible-Figure-Deluxe-Version_PR10.jpeg
marvel-homecoming-spider-man-sixth-scale-deluxe-version-hot-toys-903064-03.jpg
35eecdffb3719695895f71d94d721d80.jpg
Half of those images are of Hot Toys' 1/6 scale figure :LOL:

Just got back from seeing it, thought it was great. Holland is a great spidey but I really miss Garfield too

I found this very different to the other films and can't wait to own the steel (well multiples with the cool arts knocking about)

I'm curious to see the back as we can clearly see Vulture's wings top left corner of the yet to be confirmed new artwork...

Liking this a lot more now we can see the back. If HMV don't use this art I may have to cancel my Zavvi order and get this from one of the EU Amazons

Maybe stick in a order with Amazon France as a fail safe

I've done that and if HMVs turns out to be the current art they have listed then I'll cancel and keep the Amazon France order

I still like the HMV art but I'm preferring the illustrated art and FACs art better so they will be the 2 I go for

Back is indeed good and i can live with the chosen art for Spiderman on the front...but the background of Spiderman on the front...arrgggg....amateurish!

Reactions: lgans316