Zavvi
Amazon
HMV

stset.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it's correct I have both Steelbooks
UK and Italy
That is why I double dipped on the Wrath of Khan Steelbook

Mmm, well I just go the Italian one out. still unopened but on the back it says: "James Horner: la composizione della Genesis HD"

Which is the new extra, so one suspects the director's cut will be in there, as the commentary is certainly there.
But as mine is unopened, dc is speculation

Yes it's correct I have both Steelbooks
UK and Italy
That is why I double dipped on the Wrath of Khan Steelbook

I got all 50th Anniversary Star Trek Steelbooks from Italy
I also ordered the UK Steelbook of Wrath of Khan to make sure I got the Directors Cut

100% Italy Steelbook of Wrath of Khan is the previous Blu-ray and is not the new Disc
Why didn't you just get the UK amaray with the DC whish is cheap as chips and swap the discs instead of spending double for the identical steelbook

Mmm, well I just go the Italian one out. still unopened but on the back it says: "James Horner: la composizione della Genesis HD"

Which is the new extra, so one suspects the director's cut will be in there, as the commentary is certainly there.
But as mine is unopened, dc is speculation

Italy Steelbook Blu-ray Disc
13902656_10209425401372535_8353871803298177228_n.jpg

James Horner: Composing Genesis is not the new extra that's on both previous Blu-ray and Directors cut Blu-ray in Production extras

The new extra is
The Genesis Effect: Engineering The Wrath of Khan" featurette (28:11) (1080p) only available on the Directors Cut Blu-ray

UK Disc Directors Cut
13680957_10209425402132554_6891331717413346642_n.jpg

13912372_10209425342211056_2916915321105970757_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: paulboland
id wish the made these full gloss:angry:

think was @howiesteed used to gloss his own steels if memory serves me, if so perhaps he got a link to a tutorial how to do again because i could be having a go at them when price comes down.

basil :thumbs:

Any word on the french release of this? It was meant to have the european disc of the director's cut of ST II but I've been unable to find anything about the release

I'm curious about the French one too - because, weirdy, in the pictures the Gold border looked MUCH larger.
Amazon France website photos are only a mock up
The steelbooks are the same (excluding the discs) across Europe and are what you see already shown in this thread
13891945_10209408202262568_7599888707582761022_n.jpg 13886905_10209408202462573_3448022391689491217_n.jpg

Reactions: C.C. 95
Amazon France website photos are only a mock up
The steelbooks are the same (excluding the discs) across Europe and are what you see already shown in this thread
View attachment 257491 View attachment 257492
It make perfect sense that they are the same across the board... But that makes it all the more weird that the Italian version had the DC of WoK!

It make perfect sense that they are the same across the board... But that makes it all the more weird that the Italian version had the DC of WoK!
The steelbooks are the same excluding discs
Italy Wrath of Khan Steelbook is not the Directors Cut it's the older 2009 Blu-ray as I have shown in photos in this thread
The Amazon Italy steelbook Website listing does not say it's the Directors Cut

• Thanks
The steelbooks are the same excluding discs
Italy Wrath of Khan Steelbook is not the Directors Cut it's the older 2009 Blu-ray
The Amazon Italy Website listing don't mention it's the Directors Cut
I thought you said that One country released it (WOK) with the DC...
( I thought you had said the Italian version)

I thought you said that One country released it (WOK) with the DC...
( I thought you had said the Italian version)
I have both UK and Italy steelbook of Wrath of Khan
That is why I purchased the UK steelbook because Italy steelbook is not the Directors Cut

UK is Directors Cut
Italy is the 2009 Blu-ray

• Helpful Post
So it's interesting to see what the french did, because they had it listed as Director's cut. AND considering the UK disc AIN'T european, it's interesting to see if the french will be DC AND european disc

The US release of the DC has a repeat shot in it during the Kobayashi Maru training simulator sequence. There was a exchange program to get the fixed version.
Oh, yeah. There was a batch that had that (among other issues). They did do a replacement disc - and I assume they pulled the bad batch. But I think that was only with the U.S. discs - and I think (don't quote me for sure on this) it was only the Blu ray amarays with the Taylor Stout art, and not the steelbooks.

Last edited: