Amazon
HMV

Star Trek 10- Nemesis
Zavvi
Amazon
HMV

stset.jpg

Last edited:
The steel books are nice the logo reminds me of the 25th anniversary logo on my old videos.

I can't not get these I have all the series on DVD and have held off on updating to Blu Ray for the movies.

In many ways I was hoping they would exploit the 50th anniversary a bit more with some nice box sets, they used to. Borg cubes etc its like they have sacked the guy who came up with the ideas.

The steel books are nice the logo reminds me of the 25th anniversary logo on my old videos.

I can't not get these I have all the series on DVD and have held off on updating to Blu Ray for the movies.

In many ways I was hoping they would exploit the 50th anniversary a bit more with some nice box sets, they used to. Borg cubes etc its like they have sacked the guy who came up with the ideas.

Too right . . . but it would mean Paramount spending a ton of cash on these films to get them the way the fans want them.

We can live in hope that Paramount will do more than what they've done already to commemorate the 50th Anniversary this year of the Original Crew 1966 -1969 CBS TV series with future HD releases of all films with Extended/Director's Cuts and all available Extras but not holding my breath . . . at least not after 2019 which would be a suitable time - 40th Anniversary of THE MOTION PICTURE - for an all bells 'n' whistles release of all 10 films in steelbooks.

Paramount happy over the years to pimp the franchise with the packaging but waiting somewhat impatiently for them to pimp the films.

These anniversary (what anniversary !?) steelbooks look like they will be gorgeously glossy but I feel that the 50th Anniversary of the original TV series is hardly reason to label these films (1979 - 2002) as anniversary films let alone covering the spines with a 50th Anniversary logo thus making individual purchases problematic as they will look very strange on the shelves with incomplete parts of the logo showing on the spines.

All in favour of anniversary editions such as the 2014 50th Anniversary steelbook for GOLDFINGER (1964) and others.

Will still buy this set but only at what I consider to be the right price :)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Amazon Undiscovered Country price dropped to £14.99
The other Star Trek steelbooks have dropped to £18.19 except Voyage Home it's listed as £24.99

I expect in next week or so all will drop in price to £14.99 on Amazon

Amazon Italy
Same Steelbooks as the UK only difference will be back of j-card will be in Italian
Price is very good if you want to save some money
Euro Price
€12.64 each

In UK Pounds that's £9.89 each

Last edited:
Reactions: Lester
They'll all be the same with the same lazy artwork and old masters. CBS hang your head in shame. The 50th year and nothing new for the fans of the classic show. (bar the new 4k Wrath of Khan)

Amazon Italy
Same Steelbooks as the UK only difference will be back of j-card will be in Italian
Price is very good if you want to save some money
Euro Price
€12.64 each

In UK Pounds that's £9.89 each
Buy from Amazon.It at your own peril. Their shipping is very spotty. I would be o.k. With a single- but a batch of steelbooks? - no way.

Buy from Amazon.It at your own peril. Their shipping is very spotty. I would be o.k. With a single- but a batch of steelbooks? - no way.
Single items they ship in cardboard mailers
The more items in an order the better with Amazon Italy as they ship in a box and will use iParcel courier who then use Fastway to deliver to Rep of Ireland

I not had a single damaged steelbook from amazon Italy with any of my orders

I have with Amazon Spain items arrive damaged but not with Amazon Italy

Last edited:
The more items in an order the better with Amazon Italy as they ship in a box and will use iParcel courier who then use Fastway to deliver to Rep of Ireland

Hmmm. Last time I order from Amazon Italy it was two steelbooks in a too-large box with very little stuffing (they were tossing around). By some miracle - they did not get dented or scratched.
But...maybe they are better now. I wish every Amazon shipped like Amazon.jp and Amazon.de - those guys have killer boxing.
I don't think I have ever bought from Amazon Spain…

I've had 4 within the last year damaged from Amazon.it and 2 in a row

2 were single shipments and 1 was a double-mailer where both were damaged. The singles were ordered with more items but they decided to process the singles out at separate times

Reactions: Flash
I've had 4 within the last year damaged from Amazon.it and 2 in a row

2 were single shipments and 1 was a double-mailer where both were damaged. The singles were ordered with more items but they decided to process the singles out at separate times

We have had a few damaged and I mean practically bent in half from Amazon.it so I suggest anyone think very carefully ordering from them

• Helpful Post
For $12.98 shipped to me though I'm willing to take the chance :D
I not had any damaged steelbook from Amazon Italy yet
Amazon Spain was different matter

Even if my luck with amazon Italy runs out amazon customer service is good anyway if I need replacements
There will be lot of stock for these steelbooks in Europe
The savings in price it worth the risk in my opinion considering amazon good customer service

• Helpful Post
They will all be the same. They tend to release the exact same discs all over the world. The only difference will be the currently you play for an transfer that's been out for years. I don't even see the Wrath of Khan being the new transfer in the steelbook.

Reactions: Flash