Amazon
HMV

Star Trek 10- Nemesis
Zavvi
Amazon
HMV

stset.jpg

Last edited:
They will all be the same. They tend to release the exact same discs all over the world. The only difference will be the currently you play for an transfer that's been out for years. I don't even see the Wrath of Khan being the new transfer in the steelbook.

I'm pretty sure it will be the new transfer as it's released same time as this little beauty with the justifiably celebrated artwork by Tyler Stout (18th July):-
156208_large.jpg

At the moment this Amaray is a penny shy of 20 quid (Gulp) and considerably more expensive than the steelbook but again I'm pretty sure that the contents are identical and that the Amaray will halve in price :)

This particular 2013 released set was limited to 5,000 individually numbered pieces and as can be seen above has 2 Bonus Discs - (1) STAR TREK SUMMIT in three parts - as a companion to films 1 - 6 with the original crew and (2) Companion to films 7 - 10 with the next generation crew - THE EVOLUTION OF THE ENTERPRISE / VILLAINS OF STAR TREK / I LOVE THE STAR TREK MOVIES / FAREWELL TO STAR TREK THE EXPERIENCE / KLINGON ENCOUNTER / BORG INVASION / CHARTING THE FINAL FRONTIER.
Pricey now thanks to the various extras such as the 112 page full colour photo book, exclusive Senitype film cell collection, storyboards, fabric Enterprise badge, Enterprise blueprint and of course because it is numbered and limited.

Other collections available such as the reasonably priced STARDATE COLLECTION also from 2013 with all 10 films priced at time of writing - 365 Games @GBP 28.99, Amazon @GBP 34.40, Zoom @GBP 33.44 - but has been at least 10 quid cheaper in recent times.
Seems to have the same disc extras as the previous set but does not have any of the non-disc extras.
Also, some of the discs are plain silver here unlike in the ltd. ed. set where all of the discs have original poster artwork.

STARDATE COLLECTION 1-10

I'll be sticking for the moment with my 2 sets from 2009 with translucent outer slipboxes :- (1)View attachment 239652 (2) View attachment 239653

(1) ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE COLLECTION 1-6 (7 BDs) 1979-1991.
(2) THE NEXT GENERATION MOVIE COLLECTION 7-10 (5 BDs) 1994-2002.
Thanks for that info.
If I remember correctly, the reason I did not go for the individuals sets was because the actual disc cases did not have original art. The TOS had the weird black and white cast headshots on a white backdrop, and TNG ones had just 80% black covers. Extras or not - those were really bad covers.

i'll be passing on this.

i own the khan steel that best buy had a while back and it's beautiful. i'll hold out hope that eventually these will be reissued with worthy artwork.

I think the original one sheet artwork that the movies were released with are quite worthy.
There is no artist from anywhere else that is going to beat Bob Peak.

I think the original one sheet artwork that the movies were released with are quite worthy.
There is no artist from anywhere else that is going to beat Bob Peak.
I agree. I'm speaking more to the interior artwork, rather lack thereof, the back of the steel and the spine. also the banner on top of the steal trumping the anniversary. as for the original artwork...that's killer. sans all the other issues i just mention.

i should have been more specific.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
I agree. I'm speaking more to the interior artwork, rather lack thereof, the back of the steel and the spine. also the banner on top of the steal trumping the anniversary. as for the original artwork...that's killer. sans all the other issues i just mention.

i should have been more specific.
I feel lucky that Paramount even did these half decent...
You know the way they have historically treated Star Trek.
But, maybe I am speaking too soon...They are still not scheduled for release in the U.S. yet! (???!!!)
The ST 50th anniversary bonanza better hit in the second half of the year, or they will have squandered a great opportunity. It's like they DON'T want our money.:confused:

Reactions: digitalbabe
I'm giving them a miss. No remastering, no sale..... Shame on you paramount especially in the 50th year of the year.... What a way to threat the show. Utter shambles.

Reactions: Flash
Just too expensive for the set. Wonder if the Uk is getting that big set with the tv series and films it's pretty cool

just read on scanvo site they are to be debossed with spot gloss. hmmm may be cancelling and waiting for price drop. also want to see inhand photos as well.

anyway link below
[url=http://steelbook.com/releases/star-trek-50th-anniversary/]here[/URL]

Now you can get a new SteelBook® edition of all 10 original movies. The SteelBook® case features the original poster artwork for each movie and has been treated to a debossing and a cool spot gloss.

basil :thumbs:

Interesting decision to have these spot glossed (which may or may not be true and it could be that shiny metallic effect instead) with a matte/satin/zero varnish finish . . .

IMO some would have looked even better in a *full gloss finish to do justice to those colours although I can see how others could look better in **matte with spot gloss and it probably wasn't an option to do some gloss and the rest matte/spot gloss, alas . . .

As for the DEBOSSING I expect it will just be the "STAR TREK" and number part of each title - for example, a debossed STAR TREK II with the remainder of the title THE WRATH OF KHAN flat. It would certainly be cool to have the Star Trek motif with the "50" on the back of each steelbook debossed too.

As for the "CELEBRATING THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY" bit on the front I'm hoping that this will just be on the j-card and NOT on the steel itself and that the gold framing of the image has no print on it at all as that would spoil the front to an extent.
Overkill to have the Star trek insignia printed on the front, on the back and on the spines IMO.

:thumbs: for the "Space" inside art - uncluttered and uncomplicated :thumbs:

As for the Back Art with the same image as on the spines (once they are all lined up) = bit unimaginative but cool if debossed (fingers crossed).

images
images
upload_2016-6-10_22-14-34.jpeg
upload_2016-6-10_22-22-54.jpeg
upload_2016-6-10_22-20-41.jpeg
upload_2016-6-10_22-25-3.jpeg
upload_2016-6-10_22-26-43.jpeg
upload_2016-6-10_22-30-43.jpeg
upload_2016-6-10_22-31-32.jpeg
ST nemesis.jpg
Example of inside art:-
Star_trek_insurrection_packshot_inside.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Example of outside art:-
Star_trek_insurrection_packshot_outside.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

*If up to me (LOL) the glossy ones would be I, III, VIII and IX
** If up to me the matte ones would be II, IV, V, VI, VII and X

The Media Markt editions can be found slightly cheaper (if you're not bothered):-http://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_star-trek-ii-der-zorn-des-khan-remastered-exklusives-steelbook%E2%84%A2-science-fiction-blu-ray-2136132.html

All listed as re-mastered on the German site. . .

Last edited:
Boxset of all 10 steelbooks just ordered from ZOOM for GBP 112.50 - or GBP 11.25 each - which is acceptable (to me).

My message to Zoom on the 16th June:-

"Dear Sir or Madam,
RE: STAR TREK Anniversary steelbooks
With every retailer offering these at approx. GBP 15 it would be cool if a retailer bucks the trend and offers them @GBP 9.99 each so that I can order them.
Yours faithfully"

Their reply:-

"Good Morning
We are unable to offer this price for those items that you have mentioned now. If however you visit our website (www.zoom.co.uk) and register your details you will receive 10% off your first order. I hope this helps and we look forward to supplying you great DVD's at great prices.

Kind Regards,
Zoom Online"

Last edited:
If they had of done the steelbooks like the best buy Wrath of Khan last year I would have bitten on some of them. But that 50th logo and yellow border is a serious killer for me. So pass now that the actual artwork has been confirmed.

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Boxset of all 10 steelbooks just ordered from ZOOM for GBP 112.50 - or GBP 11.25 each - which is acceptable (to me).

Wonder why zoom got this exclusive? Will they definitely be the only company with the box?
£11.25 is a pretty good buy for these is that with the 10% off code?

Last edited:
Wonder why zoom got this exclusive?
£11.25 is a pretty good buy for these is that with the 10% off code

it is Flash.

basic Price is £125.00 minus 10% using code... signup10 ... gives a final cost of £112.50 which includes free UK delivery.

and thanks @virkia for that info as i did not even know their was a Box-set for these steel-books as my Zavvi order said individual :thumbs:...

Zoom probably has the Exclusive because they are wholly owned by universal pictures & Sony as the Uk main On-line distributor.

Zoom order placed and Zavvi order Cancelled:oohyeah:

oh and Zooms customer service is also a hell of a lot better than Zavvis :D

yep they actually have a REAL landline number for customer service nothing like Zavvi's Wack 'a' Mole Automated Messages :rofl:

Wonder why zoom got this exclusive? Will they definitely be the only company with the box?
£11.25 is a pretty good buy for these is that with the 10% off code?

Yup, just type in SIGNUP10 in the voucher code box.

This is listed as a ZOOM EXCLUSIVE possibly because of the SLIPBOX (which I'm sure we all hope and trust is heavy-duty) and it's a no-brainer for anyone wanting these to order them from Zoom if that's the only retailer with the slipbox.

Yup, just type in SIGNUP10 in the voucher code box.

This is listed as a ZOOM EXCLUSIVE possibly because of the SLIPBOX (which I'm sure we all hope and trust is heavy-duty) and it's a no-brainer for anyone wanting these to order them from Zoom if that's the only retailer with the slipbox.

Thanks for letting me know :)

Do you think this will be the last and best set? Best price?

it is Flash.

basic Price is £125.00 minus 10% using code... signup10 ... gives a final cost of £112.50 which includes free UK delivery.

and thanks virkia for that info as i did not even know their was a Box-set for these steel-books as my Zavvi order said individual :thumbs:...

Zoom probably has the Exclusive because they are wholly owned by universal pictures & Sony as the Uk main On-line distributor.

Zoom order placed and Zavvi order Cancelled:oohyeah:

oh and Zooms customer service is also a hell of a lot better than Zavvis :D

yep they actually have a REAL landline number for customer service nothing like Zavvi's Wack 'a' Mole Automated Messages :rofl:

A PHONE NUMBER??? That actually works?
That a human answers and they actually help you? No can't be true :OMG::wow:

Why would they do that when they can ignore emails and have no phone number or chat avaliable.... Wait that's only Zavvi, so used to their non existent customer service (n)

Last edited:
it will be for Zoom as they rarely price drop....not saying they never but its rare..

if in the event they do shift on the price you could always cancel and re-order with the same 10% off code... but its the only 1 selling the box from what i can see.

Thanks for letting me know :)

Do you think this will be the last and best set? Best price?
1) LAST AND BEST SET ? - Possibly, but hopefully not, and maybe, just maybe, Paramount with throw some dollars at it for the 40th Anniversary of the first film in 2019 but who can tell if that set (if it comes) will be another steelbook set.
2) BEST PRICE ? - Can't see Zoom's price being bettered, before release date anyway, and would expect GBP 11.25 to be the best price per unit for a long while to come.

RE:THE CODE - I've used the code already on TURTLES and WARCRAFT a while ago and on this today so I'm optimistic there's no expiry date for it.