The Grand Budapest Hotel (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: The Grand Budapest Hotel (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11164383-5654322080399287.jpg

11164383-1934322080416099.jpg

11164383-1324322080410942.jpg

Last edited:
I suppose it's possible for this - the "Only 200 remaining" bit - as it's a pretty limited print run and to my knowledge the only steelbook for this film anywhere in the world plus it's definitely one of the better looking steelbooks out there IMO.

True, just low funds at the moment. spent a load of cash on a 4k TV so something has to give buddy ;)

yes but can pre-order now and won't get charged till release, also worth remembering this hasn't been released as a steel anywhere in the world either. and worse case can cancel week before release if funds are that tight if you see where i'm coming from.

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: jonnie123
The 'Tomorrowland' premature charging on Monday, 28th Sept. for a Monday, 4th October release date may have been a one-off . . .
It is however a definite warning to potential cancellers to keep their eyes on the ball for other high profile / high cost steelbook releases.

The 'Tomorrowland' premature charging on Monday, 28th Sept. for a Monday, 4th October release date may have been a one-off . . .
It is however a definite warning to potential cancellers to keep their eyes on the ball for other high profile / high cost steelbook releases.
Zavvi charge debit cards a week before release date for the majority of releases they been doing this for years
Most time your debit card will be charged on the Mon or Tue with orders despatched on the Tue/Wed

Some releases are despatched on the Thursday but majority are despatched on Tue/Wed and that means payment will be done on the Mon/Tue

Speaking from personal experience I don't think I've ever had a steelbook reach me on the Wednesday before release on the following Monday and that's out of the literally hundreds bought.
Friday before release maybe, Saturday more likely - Wedesday / Thursday, never.

Speaking from personal experience I don't think I've ever had a steelbook reach me on the Wednesday before release on the following Monday and that's out of the literally hundreds bought.
It was still charged and shipped same time as most of their other pre order releases which most are shipped on Tue/Wed with payment taken on Mon/Tue

Delivery time been quicker is just the postal service getting your package delivered quicker than previously
As to if that will happen with all future post is unknown it just might been post service getting better for some reason or luck

It was still despatched on the Tue
You happened to get delivery next day
Your next order can be despatched on the Tue but not arrive till Friday or the Mon

I sort of agree with Paul, it has been in the last few months where zavvi have started to charge earlier, ie Monday/Tuesday, Tomorrowland was charged on Monday, shipped Tuesday and arrived Wednesday, I give Royal Mail the credit for the 1 day delivery as it is usually 2-3 days from the Channel islands, maybe they have got the logistics improved.

But this is way off topic, so maybe discuss this sort of thing in the Retailer thread in future.

I for one am looking forward to this, The Grand Budapest Hotel steelbook, never seen the film, but by all accounts and from the clips/trailers it looks to be a treat.

Reactions: paulboland
I've only seen it once but I certainly enjoyed it and rated it 4 stars out of 5 in my file of films bought and watched.

Now showing as 'Sold out' so maybe Zavvi weren't fibbing . . .
Certainly don't see it with the 'Enemy of the State' steelbook but with this one it's quite possible . . .

It's going to be a lovely steelbook whatever the finish / whether the hotel is embossed or not..
Just emboss the title and leave the cast off the front and it should look just fine IMO.

Hopefully not full matte but had a feeling it would be though,
Debossed title would be better than embossed and spot gloss the hotel

Reactions: luke98
If this is matte FYI then prepare for a terrible matte from 20th century fox (hope I'm wrong though)
I'm convinced I'm the biggest Anderson fan so they better do this justice.
this is a film I've been looking forward to aswel as a wes collection. We can all dream

. . . or even matte background with glossed hotel and 'bossed title - gold film title embossed as on 'Into the Woods' would be nice :)