The Grand Budapest Hotel (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: The Grand Budapest Hotel (live)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11164383-5654322080399287.jpg

11164383-1934322080416099.jpg

11164383-1324322080410942.jpg

Last edited:
someone ages ago recommended me to watch as i wasn't sure, did and its a super film odd in places but thats what makes it all work and have been waiting for a steel ever since!

if this go live at any point anyone feel free to tag me!
its a shame some of the staff can't get info on when this does go live, save everyone a load of time and hassle.

cheers
basil :thumbs:

Reactions: whysoserious?
For all the people who like this gem and have not seen any of wes andersons other work then I urge you to at least delve into a couple of his 7 films before this one. There might be one or two you won't get on with but chances are if you like this you will like the rest. Most of them are about dysfunctional families, quirky characters at a strange period in their life, his sets are incredible (the life aquatic, the royal tenembaums, fantastic Mr fox) the camera work is beautiful and his style of film for me is up there with tarantino, fincher and Spielberg (some of my favourite directors all with distinctive directing skills)

Plus some of the earlier films (bottle rocket, tenembaums, life aquatic) he wrote with Owen Wilson and Jason Schwartzman helped write darjeeling ltd. Also bill murray is in every film except bottle rocket

Last edited:
I bought the beautiful KR slip for this art. I don't think I should double dip, but I would go for this if I had just started collecting. If one of the high-end distributors released a full-slip/booklet/cards, I would double up.

Essentially, it's a pastiche of the old style comedy farces that were prevalent in the 50s, but actually it's much better than that sounds.

It has a stellar cast but Ralph Fiennes stands head and shoulders above everyone else and displays an unexpected talent for this type of comedy.

Highly recommended!
I keep wanting to critique it by referencing Preston Sturges films, but I know most younger viewers won't be familiar with those...So the closest parallel I can think of when recommending GBH is- "Did you like any modern farce pictures like CLUE?"
That is kinda in the ballpark, except GBH is 50 times better (although, I think CLUE is awesome!).

Reactions: augustus
Not too many positive comments Paul , zavvi might put it up to £24.99:naughty:

:rofl: Or make it into a Z box!!

I'm deff in for x3 copies. ;)

Just signed up individual accounts for the wife, 2 kids, Guinea Pig and the Goldfish - their requests, not mine :naughty: They all want x3 copies too.

Of course, everyone, I'm just kidding..... the Goldfish wasn't interested :)

Don't wake me up, let me dream :p

i did with fac star wars, fac mad max and fac ant man and they could not manage them in that variety either anyway enough of us derailing this thead, only thing im intrested in is live time for this release myself and well done to zavvi for doing a steel that no other retailer has yet bothered with considering it was award winning.
just hope it has a better image resolution than they did with the imitation game!

i did with fac star wars, fac mad max and fac ant man and they could not manage them in that variety either anyway enough of us derailing this thead, only thing im intrested in is live time for this release myself and well done to zavvi for doing a steel that no other retailer has yet bothered with considering it was award winning.
just hope it has a better image resolution than they did with the imitation game!

I was impressed in hand with the Imitation Game had a nice sheen on Christopher .

Wow we got to 5th page with out the film arena being mentioned in a zavvi thread :sleep:

Nothing against Zavvi, I just wish me a superior version from any retailer with FS or Lenti for this wonderful movie.
And since there is now a Steelbook it is a option for such a release with FA taking the WWA like they did before.
If its not happening I'm also very happy with the Steelbook itself from zavvi :thumbs:
The movie offers so much beautiful artwork for more than only a Steelbook :drool: