Purchase link: HMV
Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus hosting

01-288712.jpg

pics below from luke :thumbs:

the_hateful_eight_packshot_open_outside-1-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234579

the_hateful_eight_packshot_inside-2-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234580

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my refund today. Interestingly though they said it was an unwanted item even though the returns form said faulty. I think they are going to sell my old mis aligned copy to another customer

Sold out online...... For now

It will be back

Got my refund today. Interestingly though they said it was an unwanted item even though the returns form said faulty. I think they are going to sell my old mis aligned copy to another customer

They will do

Last edited:
Like your lighting which brings out the best in our steelbook and I totally do not understand why ANYONE could possibly prefer the one on the right.
I think the one on the right looks good. The mettalic effect is very nice in hand and the finish is definatly superior to the Matte UK one. I do like the artwork better on the UK though, they are both nice editions.

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
I think the one on the right looks good. The mettalic effect is very nice in hand and the finish is definatly superior to the Matte UK one. I do like the artwork better on the UK though, they are both nice editions.
If you have both in front of you will be able to judge the finish better than me but personally speaking it's the artwork that makes the steelbook with the finish a secondary consideration :)

While both have their pros and cons, I am struggling to remember a scene represented in the front of the HMV edition. Does it exist?

No but....

It's supposed to show that there's an ambush, everyone's waiting.

Just adds to affect

Reactions: frankfish44
No but....

It's supposed to show that there's an ambush, everyone's waiting.

Just adds to affect

That's disappointing. When it comes to comparing the 2, it is the details that matter to me. The back image also bugs me a bit. I can't remember a carriage with only 4 horses. Gotta watch this again I guess. I hope the Kimchi edition will get the little details right.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
That's disappointing. When it comes to comparing the 2, it is the details that matter to me. The back image also bugs me a bit. I can't remember a carriage with only 4 horses. Gotta watch this again I guess. I hope the Kimchi edition will get the little details right.

I really like the front art to both uk and US and the back art of the US but I'm just hoping kimchi produce a stellar package and I kinda hope there isn't 3 to pick from, sometimes it's too hard and I can only really go for 1 lol

If you have both in front of you will be able to judge the finish better than me but personally speaking it's the artwork that makes the steelbook with the finish a secondary consideration :)
I agree, the artwork is always the most important factor. Finish is important too but I would always go for the best artwork first. I think the artwork on both these is good though I do prefer the HMV artwork slightly more. The embossed title is a nice touch.

Just a heads up....

image.png

It will still be avalibale in some stores and possibly might turn up on Xtra Vision but if it does it won't be for long and also not in many HMV stores

I expect this sold out quickly partially due to quality control issues, returns and also it being Tarantino WEA obviously

Last edited:
Reactions: Mickle_89
so glad i got a mint copy of this, checked the embossing and its spot on :thumbs:

Good to hear

I actually jumped on this late last night as it went in and out of stock about 10 times yesterday and today, it was a clear indication it was close to sold out for good

You can sign up to email notifications when they are back in stock (apart from when the listing is deleted and discontinued) and everytime I got a email it was out of stock again so i was lucky last night to get it when it came back in stock for the 5th/ 6th time.

I also see in David's GB he sent 25 back and managed to order 23 and 5 copies at seperate times due to low stock so I just had to jump on it as I didn't want to miss it.

Usually when a less popular item sells out first time on the HMV website it's because it drops to £12.99 (in recent months) and then it comes back for a little bit (maybe a month or more) and then goes in and out of stock for a few days or week but this was a lot quicker with the initial sell out at the start of the week and then popping in and out of stock over the last 2 days.

Anyway got a dispatch earlier

• Thanks
Reactions: Mobley
5 times today, got an email from hmv saying it's in stock. When I do check, it's out of stock. EBay tonight.