Purchase link: HMV
Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus hosting

01-288712.jpg

pics below from luke :thumbs:

the_hateful_eight_packshot_open_outside-1-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234579

the_hateful_eight_packshot_inside-2-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234580

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to @Flloydo, I put in an order today as it's not one I really wanted to miss out on :thumbs: Fingers crossed, the bossing alignment is "OK" :ohno: (not expecting perfect... :rolleyes::LOL: ) and I'm still patiently waiting for Kimchi's... :coffee::sleep:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I wonder what Hmv doing with all the returns if they not sending them back to the distributor they will still want to get sales from them

If not returned to distributor then lot of stores will have returned Steelbooks to shift or will they end up on Hmv Ireland/Xtra-vision website

What % of the Steelbooks I wonder had the miss alignment issue

• Thanks
I wonder what Hmv doing with all the returns if they not sending them back to the distributor they will still want to get sales from them

If not returned to distributor then lot of stores will have returned Steelbooks to shift or will they end up on Hmv Ireland/Xtra-vision website

If they don't send them back to the distributor, then yes there going to end up cheap somewhere. Maybe do like FA does and sell them with minor defects at a reduced price.

• Helpful Post

Anything that's returned to Hmv with just allignemnt issues will be sold through their stores again.
Sealed or not they will re seal them and if they don't shift they will end up in instore sales in 5 months

Extreme damage will be sent back to the distributor but i was talking to @Mickle_89 about this and I'm interested to know the % of returns

You never know it may be bigger than we thought and re prints might be in order but personally I can't see that happening, it's just a thought

That's also why I mentioned xtra vision in a previous post. If they do get them It will most likely be HMV returned and damaged items lol
Like you say

Whatever has happened this has become rarer than I imagined and anticipated. Not cheap on the bay either, even auctioned copies

Reactions: paulboland
I must be going blind by old age or my ocd is getting better since I´ve fail to notice the alignment issue in any of the pics I see, I also looked at the copy I recevied from NM, but so if please if someone could maybe mark it with a giant red arrow so I can know what to look for

Received my copy today super quick but as expected.... the dreaded "alignment issue" :arghh: Unsure whether to keep at the moment or simply send back BUT there's no more left to order anyway... :squint: But damn, this is a nice steel in-hand! :drool: @Flloydo
View attachment 241183

Yeah mine arrived today too super quick

Damn sorry to hear that mate,
Might be worth contacting them to see what can be done. Sometimes they can contact the stores where there is still stock and sort those out for you. Not a guarantee though

Mine actually turned up ok for once.
It seems a fraction of a fraction of millimetre missaligned on the " the hateful" part and the "8" seems absolutely fine

Can see the tiny missaligned "hateful" in the first photo a bit clearer

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So I'm quite happy

@Mickle_89 it seems to be back on the online store which is very odd and rare after they put the discontinued screen up that I posted yesterday.
These must be returns I think but maybe worth a try?

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
@Flloydo Looking at your pics, I'm not sure if mine may be similar to yours or whether I'm just imagining it :hilarious: The print over the bossing appears the same to me... ? :confused: Anyhow, thanks for the heads up again ;) What to do now then... ?! :ohno:

• Thanks
@Flloydo Looking at your pics, I'm not sure if mine may be similar to yours or whether I'm just imagining it :hilarious: The print over the bossing appears the same to me... ? :confused: Anyhow, thanks for the heads up again ;) What to do now then... ?! :ohno:

In your second photo yours is definately out more than mine, yours is at the bottom whereas my missalign is slightly to the right

Not as bad as some I've seen though

Up to you mate, might be quicker talking to them on Twitter or facebook. Or ordering a new one and just sending your current one back for a full refund.

• Thanks
In your second photo yours is definately out more than mine, yours is at the bottom whereas my missalign is slightly to the right

Not as bad as some I've seen though

Up to you mate, might be quicker talking to them on Twitter or facebook. Or ordering a new one and just sending your current one back for a full refund.
Thanks bud, I'm not on Twitter or Facebook so that's ruled out :LOL: (HDN is my one and only form of social media ;) ). I could just purchase another like you said and send this one back once received but the likelihood is that I'll receive a duplicate with the same issue (or worse! :hilarious: ). #Confused :bag:

Thanks bud, I'm not on Twitter or Facebook so that's ruled out :LOL: (HDN is my one and only form of social media ;) ). I could just purchase another like you said and send this one back but the likelihood is that I'll receive a duplicate with the same issue (or worse! :hilarious: ). #Confused :bag:

Or considering they turn up rather quick from HMV see what the second order is like before you send your current one back. Just a thought

• Thanks
Back out of stock and the discontinued page has popped back up.

Take that with a pinch of salt considering it already came back in stock from the discontinued page yesterday

STILL AVAILABLE - just don't try to order 2 copies as you will get the following polite message -

"Sorry, we couldn't add the product to the basket because there is a maximum limit for this item."

One copy should be fine.

Last edited:
I must be going blind by old age or my ocd is getting better since I´ve fail to notice the alignment issue in any of the pics I see, I also looked at the copy I recevied from NM, but so if please if someone could maybe mark it with a giant red arrow so I can know what to look for
If you look at the post below yours you can see on the pics the title is misaligned. On the hateful 8 text the white should be printed on top of the embossing but you can see the shadows on the right where it has been printed too far to the left. There have been some that have been worse than that but others haven't been so bad, it looks like it's a random issue.

• Thanks