Purchase link: HMV
Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus hosting

01-288712.jpg

pics below from luke :thumbs:

the_hateful_eight_packshot_open_outside-1-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234579

the_hateful_eight_packshot_inside-2-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234580

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be going blind by old age or my ocd is getting better since I´ve fail to notice the alignment issue in any of the pics I see, I also looked at the copy I recevied from NM, but so if please if someone could maybe mark it with a giant red arrow so I can know what to look for
Don't worry, dude, if there's an issue it's a very, very, very minor one and more of a storm in a teacup than anything else (IMO).

Ahh well.... I've contacted them now so we'll see what they say... :coffee:
Just received the following email and I then read a post about the item being available again :LOL:
I was sorry to hear that your item is faulty and we would like to apologise for any disappointment caused as a result of this. While our suppliers all carry out stringent quality control checks, it appears as though a small number of this title may contain a manufacturing fault with the packaging, as detailed in your email.

I regret to inform you that due to the item's limited edition nature and it's popularity, this title is currently unavailable to purchase from store.hmv.com; apologies for any disappointment that this may cause.

I've just placed a new order in the hope a better copy will arrive. I will choose the best one of the two I have and send the worst one back with the freepost label I've already received :cigar: Fingers and toes crossed I receive a better copy! :angel::notworthy: This steel has really grown on me.... :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Don't worry, dude, if there's an issue it's a very, very, very minor one and more of a storm in a teacup than anything else (IMO).

You clearly haven't seen some peoples copies

Getting the discontinued sign again :(

This is the third time in 2 days it's had the discontinued sign so keep and eye out because it may come back (it's rare but seems to be happeing with this)
I'll tag you if I see it come in

Shame you can't put the email notification on when it's discontinued

Reactions: lights
Just received the following email and I then read a post about the item being available again :LOL:

I've just placed a new order in the hope a better copy will arrive. I will choose the best one of the two I have and send the worst one back with the freepost label I've already received :cigar: Fingers and toes crossed I receive a better copy! :angel::notworthy: This steel has really grown on me.... :drool:

Cool, I think it's the best option. Hope it turns up fine

If you didn't do that I would argue the point that it went in and out of stock over the last 3 days about 20 times and 3 times since discontinued or got them to contact a store with stock but like I said earlier it's a long shot

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
I don't get why are getting 'HMV exclusives' steelbooks as a bunch of releases they have had a handful instore and then am constantly told they are sold out. Years ago they would get loads of steelbooks instore and even online they are discontinuing certain ones pretty quickly it's ****

I don't get why are getting 'HMV exclusives' steelbooks as a bunch of releases they have had a handful instore and then am constantly told they are sold out. Years ago they would get loads of steelbooks instore and even online they are discontinuing certain ones pretty quickly it's ****

Discontinued just means their print run of say 4000 has sold out. Gone. None left in the warehouse or from the distributor.
It's no different to a Steelbook selling out elsewhere plus this had quality control issues and they have receievd a lot of returns

A bit like the sleepy hollow situation except hmv had them all to sell and got most of them back as returns whereas zavvi juts sold the OK ones they got given

Or like a new marvel steel selling out at zavvi or "her" selling out at kimchi (just examples)

Plus if they have say 4000 print run, that's probaly 2000/ 2500 for stores and 2000/1500 for online. That's spread out across God knows how many stores so that's not many in each store

Reactions: Flash
Discontinued just means their print run of say 4000 has sold out. Gone. None left in the warehouse or from the distributor.
It's no different to a Steelbook selling out elsewhere plus this had quality control issues and they have receievd a lot of returns

A bit like the sleepy hollow situation except hmv had them all to sell and got most of them back as returns whereas zavvi juts sold the OK ones they got given

Or like a new marvel steel selling out at zavvi or "her" selling out at kimchi (just examples)

Plus if they have say 4000 print run, that's probaly 2000/ 2500 for stores and 2000/1500 for online. That's spread out across God knows how many stores so that's not many in each store

Is it avaliable anywhere else? :(

Is it avaliable anywhere else? :(

Have no idea,

It might pop up on xtra vision and it's been going in and out of stock on Hmv over the past few days. It's come back 2 times since the website said discontinued too

if the suppliers carry out 'stringent quality control checks', how come my copy arrived with 2 dents on the back??????????

Maybe when Hmv get their boxes of deliverys or maybe on delivery to you, who knows

Just been in HMV Chester store where they had at least 5 copies on the shop floor. And maybe more in the back I don't know.

IMG_9670.JPG

HMV Chester phone number - 01244 310307

If you wanted to call ahead see if they still have any.

Reactions: goufcustom
Thanks it's my fault for all the time I'm on here I missed it. Lol

I won't be able to get on most of today but thank you for everyone tagging me :)

Also if I see it again I'll tag you again.

They are playing silly buggers with this release and could appear at any time