The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part I (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 16th, 2015
Prices: £21.75 (Amazon UK) - £20.99 (Zavvi)
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com

02.jpg

03.jpg 04.jpg
00.jpg 01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm pre-ordered from amazon, never ever seen any of these before getting it due to art which looks good. just watched trailer which looks good.

can anyone say without giving anything away what the other 2 before this are like
e.g. good films, ok films, i need to watch other 2 before this otherwise will reget?

many thanks
basil :thumbs:

p.s. anyone have rough idea on release date at all? march/april

hmmm pre-ordered from amazon, never ever seen any of these before getting it due to art which looks good. just watched trailer which looks good.

can anyone say without giving anything away what the other 2 before this are like
e.g. good films, ok films, i need to watch other 2 before this otherwise will reget?

many thanks
basil :thumbs:

p.s. anyone have rough idea on release date at all? march/april

My score
HG 1 okay film good acting but a lot of shaky cam and takes a while to get to the actual hunger games 6.5/10
HG 2 slow at first but great ending and much better directing. 8/10

Personally I think the second one is much better than the first one. If you are going to get this one you should probably see the others since there are a lot of characters that are introduced in those and story points that continue. I haven't seen new one yet, waiting for the blu Ray since I'm not the biggest fan so I'm in no hurry.

Reactions: Basil
Really enjoyed this! If you go and see it, make sure you stay till the end of the credits as there's a nice surprise which will give you an idea of what the Part 2 steelbook will have on it!

Bas, it's always dangerous to say whether a film is good because it's all down to opinions and you might hate them regardless of what others think. For me, though, they're pretty decent films with an interesting story and varied action sequences. There is a small bit of romantic stuff but it is relevant to the story and it isn't at all overwhelming. One other thing I'd say is that you know a film is pretty good when several similar clones pop up soon after - as is the case here.

And yes you definitely need to see the first 2 films first as you won't know what the heck is going on ;)

First two are very good, well worth a watch - I preferred the first, but that's because the second ends on much more of a cliff hanger.
Yes, watch the other two first else this one won't make much sense at all.

I really need to get round to seeing this at the cinema some time soon, as it is one of the films I've been looking forward to most this year. Just a matter of finding the time...

@Basil

The first is a nice balance of Action , Political manovering setting up the word and feel of Panam.

The second was in my view rushed , the first part set in capital spot on bulding the fear and paranoia . Then the games my big gripe was all the Tributes all with different fighting styles /wepons where not used to full effect . Oohh canon fire thire dead ohh another one what again . My housband lost the plot as to who had been killed in what bit. Also not giving the viewer the full horror of what the games inflicted on the tributes.

This the third for me BANG ON THE BEST OF THE SERIES BRING ON THIS Steelbook .

I had this on preorder at full price with Zavvi. They sent me a mystery code today and by chance I just entered this into my basket and tried the code and I managed to get it for €22.

15% off, nice one! If anyone else has got a mystery code, it works on this for some reason :thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
Really enjoyed this! If you go and see it, make sure you stay till the end of the credits as there's a nice surprise which will give you an idea of what the Part 2 steelbook will have on it!

Not really sure the after credits scene is worth sitting through 12 minutes of credits for. If interpreted the right way, it could be considered a spoiler, but those that know nothing of the story will probably see it as meaningless and will walk out disappointed they waited so long for something so "insignificant".

If you want to know what happens after the credits, see link below. POTENTIAL SPOILERS THOUGH!!!

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/11...uge-spoiler-2458962?lt_source=external,manual

I have the first 2 movies on steel so I guess I'll have to get this one also!
Think I'll wait for a price drop though. I remember Catching Fire being on sale for £9.99 at HMV. [emoji102]

I have the first 2 movies on steel so I guess I'll have to get this one also!
Think I'll wait for a price drop though. I remember Catching Fire being on sale for £9.99 at HMV. [emoji102]

I might do the same, really liking the look of this but I have far to many pre orders for March anyway plus I can see this being about for a while with what I can only imagine zavvi, Amazon and HMV stocking up massively.

Reactions: bigwednesday0
If you liked battle royale, you will see this as an expensive rip off

LOL yeah a bad rip off! Just as Twilight was a blatant rip off of Buffy with everything good removed, this is just a total rip off of Battle Royale.

Only reason I watch these films is because I like Lawrence and could watch her read the phone book but these films on every other level are just absolute garbage and are just poor copies of better films that weren't aimed 80% on a female audience. "IMO"