The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray SteelBook with Lenticular Magnet) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: October 10th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99
Note: Limited to 2,000 copies

1.jpg

2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, i am really happy with the lenticular AND the steelbook itself. I see people complaining about the steelbook itself ( no gloss, spot gloss, etc ) but i love the look of the front image on this. I think the finish on the Hulk, which seems to have a reddish, metalic tinge to it when angled against light, looks really good - and seems a bit different and unique to me. Sure, i agree that gloss would have been awesome ( i WOULD have liked to see the back art glossed on this, btw) , and inside should have been Hulk smashing the tank up on the campus, or even Hulk facing off with Abomination, each face either side on interior, but............you could go on forever. I don't have the play.com version, but i've never wanted it - i don't like the title and writing stuff on the front, don't like the imsge on the front - it's boring, and the image on the back looks stretched. So, i am glad i waited for something like this to come around, because for me it was well worth the wait.

I think it's good value for £16, even better with discount code. Some you can never please @Flloydo (lol). Thought you be sticking with the premium nova?

Well would of been more pleased if the actual steels were better.
And as I've stated the lentis are awesome anyway. Plus this one has grown on me a bit more but both the steels definately have a bad finish and I hate metalic sheen finishes anyway.

But I wanted to give universal a chance at lentis (stated that early on), I didn't mind the mock ups for both hulks at the time, the cost wasn't really an issue either and I also used a code so under £15 each. And I don't own a steel for the first hulk film so I jumped on it.

Plus I'm a marvel nut and don't mind double or triple dipping in some cases.
If that's ok with you

Yeah, i suppose we've all got our own steelbook "wish lists" regarding the finishes, images, etc. But what i like about this as well is the weight of it, the feel of the whole product in-hand. Yeah, i know, "well it's got the full lentl, innit?!" But it feels heavier than the other marvel lentls that Zavvi did - and most of them have 2 discs as well. This lentl, i think, is a little bit thicker than those ( if my memory is serving me right!), so you feel like you're getting something that goes someway to justifying the money layed out. It feels more robust, to me anyway. Alot of steelbooks that you pay hard earned cash for can feel flimsy - to the point where it feels like a waste of money. But not this one - i got it in my hands and i thought, "YES.......WEIGHT!!"!!

Well would of been more pleased if the actual steels were better.
And as I've stated the lentis are awesome anyway. Plus this one has grown on me a bit more but both the steels definately have a bad finish and I hate metalic sheen finishes anyway.

But I wanted to give universal a chance at lentis (stated that early on), I didn't mind the mock ups for both hulks at the time, the cost wasn't really an issue either and I also used a code so under £15 each. And I don't own a steel for the first hulk film so I jumped on it.

Plus I'm a marvel nut and don't mind double or triple dipping in some cases.
If that's ok with you

Perfect solution, put the lenti magnet on the nova steel.

This image on the front of the steelbook of Hulk delivering a power punch is absolutely awesome!! For me, out of ALL the steelbook fronts i've seen of Hulk, this is the best by a long shot. Absolutely love it, glad i got it, and is now up there as one of my favourite steelbooks.