Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 8th, 2016
Purchase link: The Martian
Price: £21.99
HDN Group Buy, Hosted by Naughtius Maximus - click HERE

01-133871.jpg

Last edited:
Just been told the X-V orders will not be arriving at their warehouse until 17 February.
Needless to say I cancelled my order. Fortunately my local HMV have put 2 copies aside for me and I will pickup Monday evening after work.

Last edited:
All the recent pre orders I've done with HMV they've only charged £1.00 the final amount gets charged once dispatched.
You don't actually get charged £1 - it's just a "pre-auth" to check that the card is valid, and reduces your available credit by £1 for a few days, but doesn't actually charge the amount to your card account. After a few days, that £1 gets added back to your available credit. They then process a payment for the full amount at time of despatch. It's a common practice in the hotel sector, where they will take a pre-auth upon check-in (usually for the cost of accommodation, plus a bit to cover any potential extras), but don't actually charge your card account until you check-out (and they know what else you may have charged to your room and therefore the actual amount you owe them).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorization_hold

I had to order mine from Xtravision as HMV won't allow me to join so I don't expect to get a copy. But hopefully as I said that deluxe version will be a group buy so that's make up for it.

Extremely frustrating about the no title.
Wanted to get this but I'll give it a miss until it drops or I'll get it elsewhere

Reactions: BDDB
Postie's just delivered mine! Bit late for a Saturday delivery, which is normally around 8:30-9:30! I was starting to think that I wouldn't be getting it until Monday afternoon (pm deliveries being the norm for a weekday)...

So mine arrived. I like it alot in hand. Looks really smart....except for the no title on spine. Ruins it a bit for me. So lazy. But apart from that its lovely.

Did a quick unboxing of this on my new YouTube channel. Enjoy!

Cheers for the vid
Love your music and clips and then pow pics of you with the Stars lol classic

It is a really nice steel and the no title on the front don't bother me like you said but the spine is a kick to the nuts (as always when it happens - have been a few like it over the years)
I'm umming and arring about this release. Does look good though

Cheers for the vid
Love your music and clips and then pow pics of you with the Stars lol classic

It is a really nice steel and the no title on the front don't bother me like you said but the spine is a kick to the nuts (as always when it happens - have been a few like it over the years)
I'm umming and arring about this release. Does look good though

haha thanks for watching! Glad you liked! I had to get this as I loved the movie and I don't regret getting it as its really beautiful in hand. The front looks stunning to me. Just still annoying seeing the blank spine on my shelf ha!

Reactions: Flloydo