Horror-Theatrical The Mummy (2017) - In theaters June 09, 2017

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Mummy (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Andy Muschietti[/DIRECTOR], [DIRECTOR]Alex Kurtzman[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tom Cruise, Sofia Boutella, Russel Crowe

Plot: An ancient princess is awakened from her crypt beneath the desert, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia, and terrors that defy human comprehension. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
295265-95edbb5a53048496120008d8bf6a9f69.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

It looks like The Mummy will returning in 2016...
Universal has announced an April 16, 2016 release for their The Mummy, which has Andres Muschietti attached to direct.
Courtesy: ComingSoon.net

Last edited by a moderator:
That would explain why I was surprised to see that nothing came up when I did a search in here... I always forget about the mixed bag of content that is the Horror section. :p

Will close and soon delete this one. Cheers mate! :)

Mate it always bugs me there's a seperate part for horror and it's not all in on movie part. I always forget it's here even though I'm a big horror fan and I only get reminded of this thread at Halloween lol

The trailer premiered during The Walking Dead Episode 7 :hungry:

I think this looks great, I love cruise anyway. Great action star and done some great serious films (two of my favs films are eyes wide shut & vanilla sky) although he's a weirdo in real life but I also appreciate he does most of his stunts the nutta

If Tommy is running - then it will be worth the price of admission! RUN TOM RUN!!!

Haha he is always running. Love it in family guy when they tell you why he's running.... From his gay thoughts lol always gets me

He's a fast f*cker though

@bloodsnake007
Crazy. That inside look made me really excited for this. Love it that they shot that air plane scene for real. Impressive!

I see rogue nation when it first come out but I picked up the steel the other week and watched the special features and I knew he did the plane stunt at the start for real but the crazy b*stard did it 8 times!!! Lol 8 f*cking times! His call too

JJ made me laugh with the "still don't know how he gets insured" lol

Last edited:
Get a big golf umbrella on a windy day and jump off the shed...
Well it worked for a few seconds when I was a kid....:hilarious:

Was about to say I remember doing that as a kid. Lol

I would love to do a parachute jump.
No bungee though, that freaks me out

Reactions: C.C. 95
I need a spotter for just going up a ladder. No heights for me.:rofl:

I used to be great at heights but not so much anymore but although I would be kicking and screaming if I did attempt a parachute jump I know I would be buzzing after and want to go again lol that's if my heart wouldn't explode from fear and excitement

Reactions: C.C. 95
Mate it always bugs me there's a seperate part for horror and it's not all in on movie part. I always forget it's here even though I'm a big horror fan and I only get reminded of this thread at Halloween lol
I bought this up in the Mod section and said pretty much the exact same thing... I'm not a big fan of horror (as you know), so I miss a lot of the stuff I may actually be interested in, especially when they're not even horror related, like this film... it even states in the OP that The Mummy is an "action, adventure, fantasy". Personally I don't see why just one genre should receive special treatment (or any at all for that matter), but I seemed to be the only one who was bothered by it, so if other folk like it this way, then fair enough. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I bought this up in the Mod section and said pretty much the exact same thing... I'm not a big fan of horror (as you know), so I miss a lot of the stuff I may actually be interested in, especially when they're not even horror related, like this film... it even states in the OP that The Mummy is an "action, adventure, fantasy". Personally I don't see why just one genre should receive special treatment (or any at all for that matter), but I seemed to be the only one who was bothered by it, so if other folk like it this way, then fair enough. :)

Interesting

I would of fought your corner lol

There is no need for a sepearte part for horror and there are so many films that don't belong in here but hey ho. It's like neon demon for example , yeah the film has a bit of a vibe but because of pretty much one scene it makes it a horror when there's more gore in a tatantino film lol

There's loads of little Indie horrors I miss out on because it's seperate

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
The BIG change The Mummy had to make because of X-Men: Days Of Future Past
the-mummy-villain-apocalypse-slice-600x200.jpg

Source: CinemaBlend.com
Director Alex Kurtzman's The Mummy is definitely taking the classic Universal Monster franchise in directions it's never gone, but one very notable change is that the titular creature is no longer male. Within the film, it's an element that opens new narrative avenues and approaches, but it may surprise you to learn that it wasn't the direction Kurtzman originally planned. The Mummy was initially going to be played by a man in the reboot, but that idea got derailed when the writer/director saw his exact vision featured in the post-credits scene of Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days Of Future Past.
popcorn2.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and tridon
Now, I am starting to think this is a quasi reboot of Stephen Sommer's MUMMY films.
They are using the exact same effect and idea of the mummy appearing in storms and explosions.
IMG_3496.JPG

I'm sorry but not mater how much I try to like this my total dislike of Tom Cruise gets in the way.... I just can't stomach the guy. I just switch off