The Thing (Limited Edition) (Blu-ray) (Arrow Video) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: October 23rd , 2017
Purchase Links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMVhttps://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-thing-limited-edition/11515183.html
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £19.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - Hmv)
Notes: Limited to 6,000

IMG_9630.JPG

IMG_9631.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="jammyone, post: 2000722, member: 4472yhen still seem to have stock, they have 2 listings on their web site for the new release - both at the same price

I have used Speedyhen before both from when they were on Playtrade / Rakuten and later on Ebay and they have always been reliable but I have no idea if their listing is correct in this case, if anyone wishes to use them I advise contacting them first

The one with the correct bar code is here https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/The-Thing/21621264

The Other version is here https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/The-Thing/21779159
They seem to have the Steelbook also......

https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/The-Thing/21621265

The 2 listings are not the same

Limited Edition
Release Date October 23rd 2017
https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/The-Thing/21621264

Standard Edition
Release Date November 20th 2017
https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/The-Thing/21779159

The Limited Edition
If they been allocated stock from Arrow you should be fine to pre order but if they not had an order done before Arrow Films sold out of the stock you might not be 100% sure if you get order completed

Limited Edition

Standard Edition
https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/The-Thing/21779159

The Limited Edition
If they been allocated stock from Arrow you should be fine to pre order but if they not had an order done before Arrow Films sold out of the stock you might not be 100% sure if you get order completed
So they're charging the same price for the regular edition as the limited edition? Something doesn't sound right there......

Limited Edition

Standard Edition
https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/The-Thing/21779159 QUOTE]

I actually said this in my post

Speedyhen still seem to have stock, they have 2 listings on their web site for the new release - both at the same price

I
The one with the correct bar code is here https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/The-Thing/21621264

The Other version is here https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/The-Thing/21779159

The Limited Edition

This is one of the reasons I advised people to contact Speedhen before ordering

So they're charging the same price for the regular edition as the limited edition? Something doesn't sound right there......

This is another of the reasons I advised people to contact Speedhen before ordering

Just canceled my hmv limited edition and steelbook edition as had already ordered from amazon and was going to use these as a back up incase issues with my amazon orders. Hopefully my amazon orders show up on and no damage.
Hmv dont ship to australia but was going to get family member bring it over when they visit in dec.
But these from hmv will cost me more and i will have already received my amazon orders.
Hopefully i never made a mistake here but dont see the point ordering two if each.
At the time i thought it was a good idea but hopefully amazon dont let me down.

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
Just canceled my hmv limited edition and steelbook edition as had already ordered from amazon and was going to use these as a back up incase issues with my amazon orders. Hopefully my amazon orders show up on and no damage.
Hmv dont ship to australia but was going to get family member bring it over when they visit in dec.
But these from hmv will cost me more and i will have already received my amazon orders.
Hopefully i never made a mistake here but dont see the point ordering two if each.

You could have kept your order and re-sell it to a member who missed it. This is a very sought after release...

Hopefully they dont send it in a cheap jiffy bag. Dont want something like this getting damaged.

I cancelled my Zavvi order just in case they take payment early next week

I have this ordered with Arrow Films direct and paid for already but so far no early dispatch has happened I was hoping we get early dispatch

Arrow Films used to ship early to customers who ordered direct and was 1-2 weeks early sometimes but recently I noticed that don't happen much now and can be late dispatch as in after retailers have shipped

Arrow Films packaging is the best for the Box Sets if you ordered direct

Here's an actual photograph of Brian's The Thing Limited Edition before it left Amazon's warehouse :rofl:.

View attachment 338792

Sorry @bwatt99. All joking aside I know it's frustrating having collectable items arrive in crap packaging like this. :sorry:
OMG what??? Thats disgusting.....no definetely not a joke when you get something in the mail that arrives like that. God....I know what its like though Ive had stuff arrived ruined as well and I was pi#sed.

I cancelled my Zavvi order just in case they take payment early next week

I have this ordered with Arrow Films direct and paid for already but so far no early dispatch has happened I was hoping we get early dispatch

Arrow Films used to ship early to customers who ordered direct and was 1-2 weeks early sometimes but recently I noticed that don't happen much now and can be late dispatch as in after retailers have shipped

Arrow Films packaging is the best for the Box Sets if you ordered direct
I thought there packing was not that great from arrow? But i wonder if costs more than amazon i may need to consider arrow titles from there next time.

Here's an actual photograph of Brian's The Thing Limited Edition before it left Amazon's warehouse :rofl:.

View attachment 338792

Sorry @bwatt99. All joking aside I know it's frustrating having collectable items arrive in crap packaging like this. :sorry:
Did i send you this picture??
Lets hope you dont get some in this way dont even find it the slightest bit funny to be honest.
And that pic was one from canada,its usa who send all items in jiffy bag no matter size or cost.
Thought i try canada and add few items more so be boxed so maybe canada going same way. Only good thing was canada was dhl less than a week to australia but bag was ripped open and two items missing which where found later by driver in van.
I suppose mark you dont share if you get items this way im just letting others know.

You could have kept your order and re-sell it to a member who missed it. This is a very sought after release...
Yes i know but i need the money for other stuff right now, i be pi**ed if my amazon ones are a mess but not had two many issues with amazon uk.
These where with hmv so a bit of a nightmare getting them to australia long story.

Last edited:

View attachment 338792

Looking through my pics of how my canada order arrived this is not even my pic,looks similar so either you ripped up your own jiffy bag or got this elsewhere. Regardless with the amount of items i have had sent damaged or banged up using such packing really dont see anything funny about it.

Looking through my pics of how my canada order arrived this is not even my pic,looks similar so either you ripped up your own jiffy bag or got this elsewhere. Regardless with the amount of items i have had sent damaged or banged up using such packing really dont see anything funny about it.
Of course it's not your picture Brian, I found it on Google... It was supposed to be a light hearted joke against how Amazon send your packages. I'm sorry you didn't get the joke or see the funny side. I imagine it is frustrating and infuriating getting package after package like this but if it really angers you that much then why not simply stick to collecting something you can get readily available in your local shops. You'll never change the way Amazon ship their packages. And you're right mate, I never have to share stories of how my packages arrive because they never arrived banged up or torn like yours.

Of course it's not your picture Brian, I found it on Google... It was supposed to be a light hearted joke against how Amazon send your packages. I'm sorry you didn't get the joke or see the funny side. I imagine it is frustrating and infuriating getting package after package like this but if it really angers you that much then why not simply stick to collecting something you can get readily available in your local shops. You'll never change the way Amazon ship their packages. And you're right mate, I never have to share stories of how my packages arrive because they never arrived banged up or torn like yours.

Local shops dont have half the stuff you get worldwide ie amazon,i been buying from amazon usa long before amazon uk was around and collected loads over the years with no issues.
But they are getting worse and im sure others agree.
Zavvi to me are even worse but i take my chances now and again but are so slow to arrive here.
Amazon dominate the market really and seem to please themselves what or how the send or pack stuff.
Either using cheaper and crap couriers i not heard of of before.
I know distance plays a big part arriving ok here but no excuse on what they pack with. Maybe if they gave you the option to pay extra to have boxed i probably do that.
But common sense should not have to.
Prime example grimm collection in a jiffy bag not cheap and heavy and fragile.
It does not matter if you used the quickest shipping amazon had it still be packed same way so see no point in that.
Jiffy bags really should only be for single blu rays not collector sets,box sets or items with plastic clear case etc.
I know jb hifi even send in bags used once but never again, better to use in store for pre orders.
Yes people get luckly and are ok but im sure many on here have had jb orders arrive with issues.
I have even started again on steels from zavvi not had a issues yet but im sure that come. As there boxes are not the best as to thrown in a single sheet of bubble if that im sure help.
I remember when they used to ship in boxes like play.com.
But like all companies most are trying to cut costs on packing and cost of couriers which dont make sense if more orders have issues.
But maybe im the only one lol.
Ebay sellers have been best for me so far lately but sometimes your paying much more for items.
But i suppose we are lucky in a way companies send to australia or the few that do.
But it aint hard for them to really see what your order is and pick suitable packaging for it either they have no clue or are told to pack this way.
Anyway you have started me off again on this jiffy bag saga lol.